To all, wishing you a Happy Thanksgiving

ontheweb

3 hours ago, leaveitallbehind said:

I am sure that will vary by cruise line.  But with most if you advise them of any dietary requirements or preferences in advance they will try to accommodate you accordingly.  And many offer vegetarian alternatives with their daily menus.

I realize they always have a vegetarian option, but I should have said do they do some sort of special one for Thanksgiving..

1 hour ago, ontheweb said:

I realize they always have a vegetarian option, but I should have said do they do some sort of special one for Thanksgiving..

I understood that.  Again, I think that would vary by cruise line.  The one time we cruised over Thanksgiving on RCCL I believe there was a vegetarian option for Thanksgiving, as they typically had vegetarian options every day on the standard menu.  The Thanksgiving menu only added a turkey dinner as one of the primary main course options to the standard menu.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

A surprising number of Vegans and Vegetarians on a cruise ship suddenly become Omnivores when they spot a streak or a lobster tail that appeals to them.

Last week we had a strict Vegan who explained that she is Vegan only in the Western Hemisphere.

Since we are cruising in Europe, she announced that she was able to eat everything.

20 hours ago, ontheweb said:

To my fellow vegetarians, the tofurkey is defrosting.

And to make this a cruise question, on Thanksgiving Day do the cruise lines offer a good vegetarian entree in the MDR or do they just assume everyone wants turkey?

A few people on board posted the HAL menu for TG. The vegetarian feature of mushroom ravioli with sage sounded really good to me (I am not vegetarian)! There was also roasted pumpkin soup and in the Lido several fancier-than-normal salads.

In the MDR (just checked) also the coveted chilled soup: Spiced Apple and Carrot.

Edited by crystalspin
  • Thanks 1

On 11/23/2023 at 12:12 PM, ColeThornton said:

83696872.gif.a1f7d6f1a5391461e14d99e68e9bcf11.gif

Hi Cole, thanks for putting a big smile on my face this morning........this is so cute! I recently returned home from a cruise, then I got a stomach virus and have been feeling like ------...........thanks for cheering me up. I miss the ship.

• Like 1

Hi Woodstock.I hope you had a wonderful holiday.Ours was great ,not just because of the food but because a long lost relative came to the celebration .She moved from California to NY earlier this year .She moved to the street that I grew up on ,not knowing that I lived there.