Pirate’s LIVE “Family Reunion” on the HORIZON…Dec 3-9, 2023

pirate4me2

Lunch from the deli. Forgot a pic of the Buffalo chicken sammich, but it was good! Love this menu as opposed to MG/Celebration. 
Funfetti cheesecake was ok. Not worth all the hype, but good. 
Chris wanted a nap…buttttt as you can see, the bed is taken over by stuff. I’ll eventually unpack and put it away. Bahaha. 

IMG_1341.jpeg

IMG_1342.jpeg

IMG_1343.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

9 hours ago, edspec said:

Great review, I love your suite rationalization 🙂 My cruise math works just about the same. 

Yay, so my math is correct! 😁

8 hours ago, 3smithboys said:

Following along..DH & I will be going on the Horizon for the first time over Spring Break. We have a Havana inside. I’m very interested in all you have to say about the Horizon & the Havana area because we’ve never done either. 

You will LOVE the Havana area! This is our fourth time in it, and the private pool area is just so nice! 

5 hours ago, BettyCruiser said:

Watching you sail now! Have a great time!

Thank you Beth!! 

1 hour ago, tradewinds traveler said:

I really like the throw on your sofa. Your dog is a real cutie.

Thank you. 😊 

• Like 1

We spent all afternoon after lunch lounging in the Havana pool and hot tubs. I will say, the hot tubs are HOT…I’m a cold blooded person and I could only stay in them for short jaunts at a time before I had to cool off in the pool. 
After sailaway, I headed back to the cabin to unpack and get the stocking stuffer exchange stuff put together. That took until about 6:30, and we met “the family” at Alchemy for a drink. On the way there, I admired all the pretty Christmas decorations. 

IMG_1349.jpeg

IMG_1353.jpeg

IMG_1357.jpeg

IMG_1373.jpeg

IMG_1374.jpeg

IMG_1361.jpeg

IMG_1362.jpeg

IMG_1363.jpeg

IMG_1365.jpeg

IMG_1366.jpeg

IMG_1359.jpeg

IMG_1360.jpeg

• Like 9

We hung out at Alchemy for one drink (just one? That’s a record for me and Chris!!) then headed to dinner at about 7. The menu tonight was YUMMY! I got the crawfish strudel, which had some spice but was DELICIOUS, and the BBQ salmon, which was moist and very good. The chocolate melting cake for dessert was good and melty, but I think my tastebuds are changing…it was too sweet. I can’t believe I just said that…am I sick?!

IMG_1367.png

IMG_1368.png

IMG_1369.png

IMG_1370.jpeg

IMG_1371.jpeg

• Like 7

We finished dinner at 9, and although we all wanted to do something…we were crashing. So, we said good night. I came back to the cabin and gathered my stocking stuffers and delivered them, then came back and took a shower. I’d say all in all, today was a success! 
Tomorrow is a fun, relaxing day at sea!

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, lazydayz said:

How do you like the cabana, as opposed to a balcony?  

Each time we have sailed in the Havana area we have had a deck 5 cabana, and I love them! I like the convienence of sitting on my “patio” as I call it, and if I get hot I get up, walk out my gate & to the pool area. Forgot my towel? No problem, walk back to my “patio” dripping wet and don’t feel guilty about dripping in a public area/elevator, just walk into my room and grab a towel. Need to potty while in the outside area? Forget public restrooms, just wander back to my own cabin via the patio and use my own. I really, really love it! 

10 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

Thx for the room pics!! We will be in 5216 on Jan 2025!! Looking forward to more👍😁

You’re so welcome! Thanks for coming along!

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, pirate4me2 said:

Each time we have sailed in the Havana area we have had a deck 5 cabana, and I love them! I like the convienence of sitting on my “patio” as I call it, and if I get hot I get up, walk out my gate & to the pool area. Forgot my towel? No problem, walk back to my “patio” dripping wet and don’t feel guilty about dripping in a public area/elevator, just walk into my room and grab a towel. Need to potty while in the outside area? Forget public restrooms, just wander back to my own cabin via the patio and use my own. I really, really love it! 

You’re so welcome! Thanks for coming along!

That’s what I was thinking! Easy access is key to me!!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, pe4all said:

Quick question - do the Havana cabanas get any sun?  Looks like they are set back and may not.  That would be a deal-breaker for me.  Love my sun - lol!

I’ll try to remember to take a pic of ours this afternoon to let you see. I THINK they get both sun & shade. 

• Like 1

We got up at 8:18 this morning. I debated sleeping in more, but the thought of coffee got me going. We walked out to Java Blue, just outside the Havana area, to get go-go juice and for the first time this cruise we encountered a line. Everyone wanted go-go juice! As we were waiting in line, a nice lady walked up and asked us if we were getting coffee. We said yes, and she told us “we were too and noticed that the bar right over there (Ocean Plaza bar) has the same coffee offerings, and no line.” Score! Thank you nice lady! We walked over and within 3-4 minutes I had my iced caramel lattes. Yummmmm! 

• Like 8

On 12/3/2023 at 11:18 AM, pirate4me2 said:

For those asking for pics of the awful outfit, here ya go. Just know that the pic doesn’t do the glitter effect justice….and it’s on a plus size person. It’s obnoxious! 

IMG_1340.jpeg

Well, I can imagine worse!