Thoughts, impressions, and observations for the World Cruise.

19 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Nope.

Umm, I'm a little new here and don't understand protocol yet, but didn't Island Lady ask the question 🤔 

Guess I need to go aft and check it out

Edited by CSHS1979
  • Haha 4

8 minutes ago, CSHS1979 said:

Umm, I'm a little new here and don't understand protocol yet, but didn't Island Lady ask the question 🤔 

Guess I need to go aft and check it out

Yes she did. I could have answered her question, but the wrong guesses were too humorous to pass up.

I will bow out now. No fair peeking at the labels on the crates…

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

Life jackets?

Nope.  Something the pax on the Titanic probably wished were passed out when they hit that iceberg though.  We will be touring the ice bergs in Antarctica...hopefully will never need these things.  They look like large packs of MRIs.  😉 

1 hour ago, MindyJohn said:

Thanks!  That's a great use for that space!

I thought so as well.  When the LA was behind that wall near the pool tables on some of the Radiance ladies...thought it was too hidden, as was the one on this ship that had her/he on that small floating deck 12 island.  The LA is now very visible right next to the Next Cruise desk on deck 5.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Yes she did. I could have answered her question, but the wrong guesses were too humorous to pass up.

I will bow out now. No fair peeking at the labels on the crates…

I peeked inside as soon as I saw those mysterious crates. 😉 

OK...I will stop killing you all now.  Not really sure what the Protective aid is though.  🤔

20231215_101112.jpg

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, island lady said:

I thought so as well.  When the LA was behind that wall near the pool tables on some of the Radiance ladies...thought it was too hidden, as was the one on this ship that had her/he on that small floating deck 12 island.  The LA is now very visible right next to the Next Cruise desk on deck 5.

She was still behind the wall when we were on in November. Glad they moved her.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, orville99 said:

She was still behind the wall when we were on in November. Glad they moved her.

Indeed, when I visited her on day 2, she told me she has just completed the move to that spot.  Was she by the pool tables?  I can't remember which of the Radiance ladies had the LA there on 6, or up at where the new library is.  I think Jewel had the LA on 12?  

4 minutes ago, island lady said:

peeked inside as soon as I saw those mysterious crates. 😉

So did we when we were on our November cruises. You got a better picture than the one I posted last month. Have they dried out yet? Those crates were getting soaked when we hit storms outside of Panama. They might get a bit mungy by the time they unpack them.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, island lady said:

Indeed, when I visited her on day 2, she told me she has just completed the move to that spot.  Was she by the pool tables?  I can't remember which of the Radiance ladies had the LA there on 6, or up at where the new library is.  I think Jewel had the LA on 12?  

She was on deck 6 directly across from the pool tables. I think they moved the LAs from deck 12 when they put in the aerial acts.

8 minutes ago, island lady said:

OK...I will stop killing you all now.  Not really sure what the Protective aid is though.  🤔

Phew! Glad that brain tease is over! Now I need a drink. 🥃

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, orville99 said:

So did we when we were on our November cruises. You got a better picture than the one I posted last month. Have they dried out yet? Those crates were getting soaked when we hit storms outside of Panama. They might get a bit mungy by the time they unpack them.

They were pretty gross.  I am assuming the individual packets are sealed...and waterproof hopefully.  But they were indeed apparently exposed to the elements for quite some time, with just a few sheets of plastic laying loosely over the bins. 

Edited by island lady

2 minutes ago, orville99 said:

She was on deck 6 directly across from the pool tables. I think they moved the LAs from deck 12 when they put in the aerial acts.

Pretty sure the LA on Jewel was still up there six months ago...but I could be wrong.  

3 minutes ago, doghog said:

Phew! Glad that brain tease is over! Now I need a drink. 🥃

Me too!  We are now one hour ahead of Florida time...so technically it is 10 minutes to our usual 4 pm happy hour.  Now I have to get your bro up, who is snoring happily behind me on the bed.  😄 

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, island lady said:

20231215_101112.jpg

So to wear when you come back from the polar plunge? 😀🙃 In Antarctica? 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, island lady said:

Wash and Fold sent out this morning, which we fondly call "boil and fry".  😬  But is good for exercise clothes, cotton undies, t-shirts, socks.  We don't send out anything that we really care about.  😮 

The rest I hand wash, which I just finished.  There will be times we will send out wash and press and dry cleaning also.  But the wash and hang method works for me, and something to do on a sea day.  😉 

Self serve laundry machines in keyed access and only for full WC pax.  There are actually very few of them available to the over 600+ full cruisers.  

20231215_085224.jpg

Thats what it looks like in our cabins too when I do my wash.  I also only send out the same things you do. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

I’m curious what you two are talking about with tags on the laundry?

They are little strips of iron on adhesive hem tape that has the cabin number printed on them.

Edited by orville99