Ascent - How to book Annex?

cfudgens

1 hour ago, cfudgens said:

Hi all, can anyone from the early sailings provide some insight as to how you book the Annex on the Ascent? It's not listed in the pre-cruise offers yet.

Thanks!

We were told you can book via guest relations.  Minimum amount of time is 2 hours and the max number of people is 15.  Sorry, I don't know about pricing.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

We were told you can book via guest relations.  Minimum amount of time is 2 hours and the max number of people is 15.  Sorry, I don't know about pricing.

The sign on board says book through Shore Excursions. 

Pricing is listed as $300 for karaoke, $375 for Celebrations, $300 for golf and $200 for movies. Most of them say max of 10 people with a $35 charge for people 11-15. There is a small list of inclusions that vary depending on what you reserve. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

Showing $250 to $375 per guests for my Jan 21 Ascent sailing in cruise planner. Depending on activity selected. I just looked…

Like the cabanas, it only lets you select one person for the reservation so it's not truly $250 x 10. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, paulh84 said:

The sign on board says book through Shore Excursions. 

Pricing is listed as $300 for karaoke, $375 for Celebrations, $300 for golf and $200 for movies. Most of them say max of 10 people with a $35 charge for people 11-15. There is a small list of inclusions that vary depending on what you reserve. 

Much better information than what we were given when we toured the space!  Thank you!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, paulh84 said:

It's listed under Onboard Activities. It shows as Private Karaoke Party, Celebrations Lounge, Movie Night Deluxe or Ultimate Golf and Sports Simulator. 

Thanks! Maybe it hasn't been loaded in for our May sailing yet. Very helpful!

18 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

Showing $250 to $375 per guests for my Jan 21 Ascent sailing in cruise planner. Depending on activity selected. I just looked…

Thanks! We sail in May, not listed yet, so I'll keep an eye out.

21 minutes ago, cfudgens said:

They may have to add extra "Pearl Clutching" classes!

Very true...some will poo poo anything.  It's in a room, off to itself, how could it bother some?  

Although I think the comment may have been made in jest.  

• Like 1

21 hours ago, cfudgens said:

Hi all, can anyone from the early sailings provide some insight as to how you book the Annex on the Ascent? It's not listed in the pre-cruise offers yet.

Thanks!

What is The Annex? 

I was unable to reserve the golf simulator in the Annex for any time or day - all grayed out.  Does that imply "sold out"?  My husband would love this - although it could be more fun if he rounded-up some new partners that might like to share the experience.  Sort of like "create your own group".  We are on Ascent, January 7, 2024!

Edited by MyNanaof4

On 12/5/2023 at 11:20 AM, PTC DAWG said:

New room available to rent on the Ascent...Peaches spoke of it in her live review.  

I don't know who Peaches is and I didn't read the live review. A "room for rent" doesn't sound special. I looked at the Celebrity website and found nothing about it so I still don't know what it is. Is there something special about it or is it just a room you can rent for a private party? Or is it a conference room like most ships have?

nice for a party but only as a  group..

too bad,   dh likes the golf simulator but when he did it way back it was a one on one with advice from the ship's golf pro...that would appeal  to him if the pro put together  group...

2 hours ago, 2chiefs said:

I don't know who Peaches is and I didn't read the live review. A "room for rent" doesn't sound special. I looked at the Celebrity website and found nothing about it so I still don't know what it is. Is there something special about it or is it just a room you can rent for a private party? Or is it a conference room like most ships have?

See post. #276

4 hours ago, 2chiefs said:

I was very impressed with the space when we toured it.  Had a golf simulator for hundreds of courses...one could simulate a full round of golf.  But they also offer football, soccer, and possibly tennis...can't remember.  And if you didn't want to simulate anything one could play video games on a large screen.  The karaoke set up looked phenomenal and the seating area was cozy.  I thought it looked like fun!  Definitely not a conference room, but yes, a room for rent but with stuff to do.

7 hours ago, MyNanaof4 said:

I was unable to reserve the golf simulator in the Annex for any time or day - all grayed out.  Does that imply "sold out"?  My husband would love this - although it could be more fun if he rounded-up some new partners that might like to share the experience.  Sort of like "create your own group".  We are on Ascent, January 7, 2024!

I don't think it's sold out.  When we toured, the assistant CD said that the booking process is handled at Guest Relations.  IDK if enough people know about it yet for it to be sold out as it is only currently available on Assent.

2 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

I don't think it's sold out.  When we toured, the assistant CD said that the booking process is handled at Guest Relations.  IDK if enough people know about it yet for it to be sold out as it is only currently available on Assent.

Sounds great but also too complicated to get  a group together from our roll call..  Great event  for a high end bachelor/ette party! 

• Like 1

FYI the website has been updated with some images and more details for each of the activities offered in the Annex. You can see it at the link below (make sure you are not logged into the Celebrity website to view the link).

https://www.celebritycruises.com/account/cruise-planner/category/onboardactivities?bookingId=&shipCode=AT&sailDate=20240121

Simply for the purposes of documentation, so we can look back five years from now and stare in amazement at the pricing we had in 2023, I've decided to take screenshots of what's been shared:

image.thumb.png.ab7bd425f84b5cd059bb42d60c20527e.png

All four options have the same hours allowed:

image.png.dfb65e9feabcb1d3d88dded0171589f2.png

[Game Day Streaming]

image.png.b7a1e8848ff2059b6300df152cb46ce1.pngimage.png.d8a01e11c1f963a20c7969b1cc4e6e49.png

[Karaoke]

image.png.079a985a7c4c9f6450b136163797b038.pngimage.png.7dc25d1229b293cb137c5851e6dda92b.png

[Celebrations Lounge]

image.png.6831796842e6aca2d3ca0af7ba1b38a0.pngimage.png.2dab42b2d386b371c1e9cc7cc6981003.png

[Golf and Sport Simulator]

image.png.8cf3a9dbf305f8cd91df05ba1dbd49a9.pngimage.png.474478b9957160ac38d5c8c8e0431be8.png

All four options also have the same rules:

image.png.ee97355fa8d28e5e5c73beb0d827618f.png

Other bonuses:

image.thumb.png.314e674c357456ab6501332693bf9e44.png

image.thumb.png.2d635b52a8e6649990e8f8f5e7097d63.png

image.png.ab22ffb9dafa64f04848f86aa59e709d.png