HOTEL FOR BOSTON CRUISE

dallascruiser

We stayed at Choice Hotel & Suites Logan International Airport on American Legion Highway in Revere last November.  They have a shuttle to the hotel and back to the port which is so handy.  I didn't have any problems with them.  Since we'd been to Boston before we didn't stay near or in downtown Boston.

• Like 1

On 12/4/2023 at 3:59 PM, dallascruiser said:

I am looking for a hotel for our New England/Canada cruise that hopefully would have a shuttle.  We are flying in the day prior for our cruise.  Thank you all in advance.

Linda

If you're getting in mid-day or later, I recommend staying at one of the airport hotels with shuttle service. We fly in from the west coast and by the time we get we get to a hotel all we want to do is relax. Wet then take the hotels shuttle back to the airport in the morning and catch HAL's shuttle to the ship.

Boston is a great town to visit but needs more than a half day to enjoy.

12 hours ago, Dutchman48 said:

Not sure if thats a good reason to give up on it entirely if seeing some of the city was of interest to the OP. Boston is fairly compact for a major city and you can cover a bunch of ground easily in a short period of time by foot. Will you see everything? No. But personally I wouldn't hole myself up in a Logan Airport hotel. 

On 12/5/2023 at 6:38 PM, Dutchman48 said:

If you're getting in mid-day or later, I recommend staying at one of the airport hotels with shuttle service. We fly in from the west coast and by the time we get we get to a hotel all we want to do is relax. Wet then take the hotels shuttle back to the airport in the morning and catch HAL's shuttle to the ship.

Thank you so much, that makes a lot of sense.  We have been to Boston many times and aren’t interested in seeing sites.  We will be tired by the time we arrive at a hotel and just want to rest.  I haven’t done a ships transfer in many years so that will be interesting also.  Thanks again for a great idea to help with my budget.  What hotel have you stayed at in Boston airport area?  

Linda

41 minutes ago, dallascruiser said:

Thank you so much, that makes a lot of sense.  We have been to Boston many times and aren’t interested in seeing sites.  We will be tired by the time we arrive at a hotel and just want to rest.  I haven’t done a ships transfer in many years so that will be interesting also.  Thanks again for a great idea to help with my budget.  What hotel have you stayed at in Boston airport area?  

Linda

We stayed at the Embassy Suites, they picked us up and dropped us of just outside baggage claim.

When we arrived we saw Holland's reps in baggage claim, and confirmed where and when we should be picked up on departure day.  I would suspect any hotel by the airport could do the same.

One thing to note is the buses used to take you to the ship are the same ones that took people from the ship to the airport. All that means is you don't need to be at the at the crack of dawn.

2 minutes ago, Dutchman48 said:

We stayed at the Embassy Suites, they picked us up and dropped us of just outside baggage claim.

When we arrived we saw Holland's reps in baggage claim, and confirmed where and when we should be picked up on departure day.  I would suspect any hotel by the airport could do the same.

One thing to note is the buses used to take you to the ship are the same ones that took people from the ship to the airport. All that means is you don't need to be at the at the crack of dawn.

Thank you so much we’ve stayed at Embassy Suites in Boston before.  Thanks for all the tips.

Linda