Got a Recent QV Daily Programme?

Underwatr

I'm wondering if someone could post a recent Daily Programme from Queen Victoria. I'm booking a trip for October 2024 and I'm interested in how the evening activities stack up against the fixed dining times.

Recent changes to the evening schedule on QM2 (we're aboard now) have shortened the times between dinner service start and the corresponding showtime and we've had to be prompt at completing dinner if we want to attend the show. I'm wondering whether this is the case on QV as well.

Just back from the QV and the early showtime was 8pm and the later one was 9.30pm I think, although it may have been 10pm. We found it a little tight to eat dinner from 6.30pm and be at the show for 8pm and missed the show on several occasions. 

• Thanks 1

Ok, so more or less the same as presently on QM2 (dinner seatings at 6:00 and 8:30, showtimes at 8:00 and 10:15). 

I have a lot of trips on QM2 and I know that the show times used to be at 8:45 and 10:30.

Screenshot_2023-12-06-14-55-39-64_e2d5b3f32b79de1d45acd1fad96fbb0f.jpg.c42cd8b737009d3196f46e53f028cfaa.jpg

(From late 2018)

It's difficult to make the evening schedule work. I don't think it's because we're talking too much and eating too slowly. 

Scheduling isn't great for dancers either.

In a YouTube video showing a QM2 daily program from July 2023, it lists Pre-dinner dancing to The Queens Room Trio from 7pm to 7:45pm, then Roaring 20's Gala Night from 8:45pm.

Even with the very short distance from Queens Room to Britannia Club Restaurant we wouldn't consider trying to squeeze dinner into an hour.

6 hours ago, Underwatr said:

I'm wondering if someone could post a recent Daily Programme from Queen Victoria. I'm booking a trip for October 2024 and I'm interested in how the evening activities stack up against the fixed dining times.

Recent changes to the evening schedule on QM2 (we're aboard now) have shortened the times between dinner service start and the corresponding showtime and we've had to be prompt at completing dinner if we want to attend the show. I'm wondering whether this is the case on QV as well.

I would say yes as the late show starts at 10 and late dinner starts at 8 15 so although dinner is 15 mins earlier  the show is earlier too  so the time frame is the same .

In August on QV late seating dinner was 8:15 and the second show was 10:00, so more than enough time without having to rush.

On nights we went to the show we arrived between 10 to 15 minutes ahead and had no issues finding seats on the balcony, the lower level was more crowded.

17 minutes ago, Underwatr said:

Tonight the Roaring 20s night begins at 8:45 preceded by Sequence dancing at 7:45 and some musical duo at 7:00, so I'd assume even worse for dancers.

If we wanted to take in all the dancing we could do a late lunch, afternoon tea and skip dinner.

Wouldn't be a problem for us. At home we have a late lunch and only liquids in the evenings on weekdays. It was one of the biggest elements of reducing our weights and remaining well within a healthy BMI. But I'm not sure we would be prepared to miss a Gala Dinner on QM2!

5 hours ago, DaisyUK said:

Just back from the QV and the early showtime was 8pm and the later one was 9.30pm I think, although it may have been 10pm. We found it a little tight to eat dinner from 6.30pm and be at the show for 8pm and missed the show on several occasions. 

Early show was 8pm and later show 10pm.

2 hours ago, foodsvcmgr said:

In August on QV late seating dinner was 8:15 and the second show was 10:00, so more than enough time without having to rush.

Our second seating is at 8:30, table of nine (which I prefer) and there is time to get to the 10:15 show only if we rush through dessert.

Service could be quicker but I'm not putting this on the waitstaff. There used to be over 2 hours for dinner and we'd typically use it.

21 hours ago, Underwatr said:

This is from October 13th - Sea Day heading to Cagliari - All Daily Programmes from that cruise can be found HERE.........

13_Oct.pdf

Edited by rakkor
Added link
  • Thanks 2