Fort Lauderdale pre cruise hotel

fantavet

Having a tough time balancing price/quality with all the hotel choices. Anyone have a recent experience? I'm travelling with 4 adults and kids 5 and 11. So main features would be a pool, on site dining, and cruise shuttle. 

Rodeway Inn seems like a value for price, but with all the money I'm spending on the cruise I didn't want to cheap out on the hotel either. Has anyone stayed here recently? 

Embassy Suites Hilton is another one I'm looking at but a bit more expensive.

Again trying to blance out that we are only staying that 1 night but also want to start the trip off with a positive experience.

4 hours ago, fantavet said:

Having a tough time balancing price/quality with all the hotel choices. Anyone have a recent experience? I'm travelling with 4 adults and kids 5 and 11. So main features would be a pool, on site dining, and cruise shuttle. 

Rodeway Inn seems like a value for price, but with all the money I'm spending on the cruise I didn't want to cheap out on the hotel either. Has anyone stayed here recently? 

Again trying to blance out that we are only staying that 1 night but also want to start the trip off with a positive experience.

Be sure to do a bit of research on Embassy Suites...very old and tired looking.

Yes thank you, found the Florida Departures forum and found some useful posts. Looks like I'm picking Renaissance Ft Lauderdale Marina. Like anything I find that tastes and level of "value" can mean all kinds of things to different people. Will see how it goes!

1 hour ago, fantavet said:

Yes thank you, found the Florida Departures forum and found some useful posts. Looks like I'm picking Renaissance Ft Lauderdale Marina. Like anything I find that tastes and level of "value" can mean all kinds of things to different people. Will see how it goes!

If you're referring to the Renaissance on 17th street near the Eisenhower St entrance to Port Everglades, that's our usual go-to hotel as well, stayed there many times.  When asking about hotels it's best to specify the date you are interested in, as hotel prices down there vary a HUGE amount from month to month.  Low season, the 17th Street strip is a great option with the best location, but in high season, due to its proximity to the cruise port, prices can be absolutely outrageous.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, fantavet said:

We've stayed at  the Embassy on our cruises out of FLL.  It may not be perfect but it is a good choice.  You can't beat their breakfast and they have managers reception with wine, and beer and some simple snacks included. Cocktails, too, IIRC.  

You've got the right attitude. When one considers how much is being spent on the cruise, it doesn't make sense to go cheap on the hotel since a cheap hotel is a bad way to start a cruise.

• Like 1

We've stayed twice before at the Best Western Plus Oceanside Inn and are booked there again for February.

It has a pool, I believe they do dinner (I think maybe just burgers and the like, haven't eaten there) but it's in easy walking distance from plenty of eating places.

No shuttle but it's easy enough to get Uber, Lyft or a taxi.

If you're not aleady a member of the BW loyalty programme, signing up before booking will get you a small discount.