Marble & Co. Grill

GT38

1 hour ago, Stickman1990 said:

Definitely - I’ll find a menu from our time on board and post it later on 

I don’t eat steak and there were plenty of other great choices available 

Never knew that.Do you eat any other meat? I eat chicken at times but mainly fish.

9 minutes ago, Roel94 said:

Never knew that.Do you eat any other meat? I eat chicken at times but mainly fish.

I typically have fish or shell fish these days with the occasional chicken or pork 

I’ve just found as I got older red meat just fills me up and takes too long to digest 

Heres the Marble menu from September (when they have European standards steaks before changing to USDA certified beef)

My go to’s were Tuna steak and Iberico pork but equally the lobster and veal options would be fine for non beef eaters. My wife had the lamb chops and wasn’t so happy about them versus the offerings in Sakura and the other restaurants (maybe if was with them being French versus New Zealand lamb)

IMG_3680.thumb.jpeg.886b3ddb799f02c29ed2f71a8cc07346.jpeg

IMG_3681.thumb.jpeg.6c0579487ed12da9a1a9788d9c12e6da.jpeg

IMG_3682.thumb.jpeg.ee972f43ded633d99cc91bcf32b7b78e.jpeg

6 minutes ago, Stickman1990 said:

I typically have fish or shell fish these days with the occasional chicken or pork 

I’ve just found as I got older red meat just fills me up and takes too long to digest 

Heres the Marble menu from September (when they have European standards steaks before changing to USDA certified beef)

My go to’s were Tuna steak and Iberico pork but equally the lobster and veal options would be fine for non beef eaters. My wife had the lamb chops and wasn’t so happy about them versus the offerings in Sakura and the other restaurants (maybe if was with them being French versus New Zealand lamb)

IMG_3680.thumb.jpeg.886b3ddb799f02c29ed2f71a8cc07346.jpeg

IMG_3681.thumb.jpeg.6c0579487ed12da9a1a9788d9c12e6da.jpeg

IMG_3682.thumb.jpeg.ee972f43ded633d99cc91bcf32b7b78e.jpeg

3 hours ago, aero777 said:

Has anyone on recent voyages been able to eat at Marble or Sakura without a reservation (ie walk up)?

Yes but there were only 320 guests onboard. Instead of walk up in the evening it’s easier to speak to the host at the podium on deck 5 who is there 8-6 and she can see full availability across all book able venues 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

They were turning away scores of people around 8 pm on the night that we went for walk-ins at Marble and Co.

We were able to get one additional "official" booking at each but there was less flexibility than we thought.  Our sailing (which was uktog's) was PACKED with travel agents and they were most certainly given preferential reservations.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dr. Cocktail said:

They were turning away scores of people around 8 pm on the night that we went for walk-ins at Marble and Co.

We were able to get one additional "official" booking at each but there was less flexibility than we thought.  Our sailing (which was uktog's) was PACKED with travel agents and they were most certainly given preferential reservations.

We had no problem getting extra but we always did it via the reservation desk during the day rather than walk ups. The demand patterns were inconsistent two nights when we went there were walk ins ahead of us who were accommodated but on the same night Sakura was rammed full. It seemed to be a case of flex round and go against the trends! 

• Like 1

We had something strange. We made reservation (by email) from home for 1 Sakura and 1 Marble and Go. During the cruise we tried to get an extra Marble and Go by the reservation desk but 2 days earlier then our reservation date. That was not possible????

Edited by Henk123