Venezia disembarking out of NY

RaiderFaninNM

Hello...

1st time sailing out of NY and was wondering what time the ship usually starts disembarking?

Reason is our flight out of LRG is at 12:25 and not sure how or what time the Venezia starts?

We will not be doing self check out as this is a 12 day Journeys Cruise and the luggage is rather  large, 3 of them between the 2 of us and don't like slugging it around.

Is 1225 doable, with enough time to not rush like fools?

Let me know what you all have experienced out of NY...

TIA

14 minutes ago, RaiderFaninNM said:

Hello...

1st time sailing out of NY and was wondering what time the ship usually starts disembarking?

Reason is our flight out of LRG is at 12:25 and not sure how or what time the Venezia starts?

We will not be doing self check out as this is a 12 day Journeys Cruise and the luggage is rather  large, 3 of them between the 2 of us and don't like slugging it around.

Is 1225 doable, with enough time to not rush like fools?

Let me know what you all have experienced out of NY...

TIA

Here is the info from our recent Venezia Journeys cruise review. Hope it helps.

Debarkation Day    Scroll down to post # 715.

Edited by Jamman54

Sailing out of NYC is great for being on deck and taking pictures of the skyline, Statue of Liberty etc.

I would not book a flight quite that early, due to traffic congestion getting to any of the airports. Remember airlines want you there 2 hours before flight.

If you have not been to NYC previously I recommend trying to come a few days early and experience the city. 

Edited by SPacificbound
added to content
  • Like 1

Maybe. There are a lot of parades/events in NY that can snarl traffic up pretty quickly. I would first do a search to see if there is anything happening in the city, even if its not in your direct path of travel, that might make things more difficult for you.

If your ship is coming back in on the day of the 5 Boro Bike Tour or the NYC Marathon, forget it. 

disembarkation in NYC is kinda, sorta like The Lord of the Flies.  

if you have priority debark i think you can get bags and to a shuttle at a moderate pace.  consider hiring a porter for speed and convenience? 

i would HIGHLY recommend purchasing Carnival shuttle bus to airport.   midtown madness abides once you clear the pier and trying to get a taxi/rideshare isnt for the faint of heart.  Darwinism at its finest! 

• Like 1

We were on Venezia in August. We had platinum priority disembarkation and didnt get off this ship until a little after 11.  It was the most chaotic disembarkation we have ever experienced.

Luckily our flight wasnt until 3 something so we still had plenty of time to spare but if we had had a noon-ish flight we wouldn't have made it. 

22 hours ago, stobe1 said:

We were on Venezia in August. We had platinum priority disembarkation and didnt get off this ship until a little after 11.  It was the most chaotic disembarkation we have ever experienced.

Luckily our flight wasnt until 3 something so we still had plenty of time to spare but if we had had a noon-ish flight we wouldn't have made it. 

The governing fact is the limitation of space at MCT:  there is little room for several thousands of debarkers to shuffle around inside the terminal to pick up their bags - but even less road/parking space for the many hundreds of busses, cars and taxis there to pick them up. On our recent Oceania cruise embarkation was a breeze - just 600 or so passengers involved as ours was the only ship in.  A week later it was a dog’s breakfast - our ship’s 600 plus thousands of other passengers from an NCL and one other ship.

On 12/8/2023 at 11:11 AM, SPacificbound said:

Sailing out of NYC is great for being on deck and taking pictures of the skyline, Statue of Liberty etc.

I would not book a flight quite that early, due to traffic congestion getting to any of the airports. Remember airlines want you there 2 hours before flight.

If you have not been to NYC previously I recommend trying to come a few days early and experience the city. 

We just got back from a long weekend in NYC and so enjoy that place, can't wait to go back!!

Found a flight at 415pm and actually get us home 1 hour sooner....

Our last Lyft ride was on a mission as we got from the battery park area to LGA in a flat 25 minutes at 7am!!!🤯

Thanks all for the suggestions...

• Like 1