Christmas decorations

sanne

We will be on Regent for Christmas… first time at this time of the year for us … do they put Christmas decorations on the dining tables in Compass Rose for Christmas Day dinner? Just deciding whether to bring some. 

I kinda doubt they put anything "special" on the tables, maybe a small pointsettia? My only comment would be to keep it really small, as the tables are generally LOADED with place settings, silver, glass ware, etc. Some of  it is removed if not needed but heaven forbid if you order a couple of sides to go with your meal.....table tops get loaded.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We have been on Regent for Christmas.  They didn't have any Christmas decorations on each individual table.  There may have been a Christmas-y centerpiece on the large Captains table.  There really isn't any room for a centerpiece on the smaller tables, other than a small bud vase.

• Thanks 1

If I figure out how to send a photo, I will post a picture of our Christmas table on our forth coming cruise. It’s tradition in our family. All very elegant I assure you and enhances the vibe of a very special Christmas dinner. 

Last Christmas nothing but a small bud vase. You know you will have to carry it in when you are seated as there is no reserving tables. The two tops are very small as are the other tables for 4 or 6. Not much room for anything but needed  dishes.

We have been on Regent a few times at Christmas. Decorations in common areas and at entry into dining rooms, but I don't remember anything on our individual tables or in the suites. We almost always buy flowers on shore before boarding the ship, to decorate our stateroom. Cruise lines often provide some type of flowers in the suites, but we like BIG seasonal flowers on our tables. We also bring small seasonal decorations, table clothes etc to decorate under or around our flowers. We like our space to be festive. Often our room stewards want our decorations for their rooms when we leave the cruise.

The big holiday question for us is will they have eggnog! I have made a special request in the past and they figure out how to make it in about 24 hours! 

• Like 2

On 12/9/2023 at 2:10 PM, sanne said:

We will be on Regent for Christmas… first time at this time of the year for us … do they put Christmas decorations on the dining tables in Compass Rose for Christmas Day dinner? Just deciding whether to bring some. 

I haven't had time to look for a photo, but I recall they did have some sort of seasonal decoration on each table.  Nothing big, just a pick in the bud vase or maybe a floral ring around the base.

And, yes, there was eggnog!

Thanks everyone for your replies. I will take some small decorations for our family Christmas table. We will find room for them, we have done this before on Thanksgiving cruises. Our family loves all things traditional at Christmas. We are going to have an amazing and memorable time on our first Christmas cruise. 

• Like 4