Clothes Steamer

1 hour ago, denvilledog said:

I looked at my paperwork but I couldn't find an answer.  Can you bring a clothes steamer on board?  I'm sure my clothes will be wrinkled after unpacking.  Thank you!

It’s on the website for prohibited items. 
Everybody will be in the same situation. Many bring Downy Wrinkle Release, spray, and then hang in bathroom and run hot shower. The steam will take out a lot of wrinkles.

• Like 1

Iron & Steamer | Onboard Policy | Royal Caribbean Intl.

Q

Can I bring an iron or clothes steamer onboard a Royal Caribbean cruise ship?

Irons and clothes steamers are prohibited items and should not be brought with you on your vacation.

I'm not saying that you can't get away with sneaking one onboard.  Just that it is a prohibited item.  Let your conscience be your guide.

2 minutes ago, shipgeeks said:

I just hang my items as soon as convenient, and I've never had a problem with wrinkles, including linen things.

Yep.  We also hang them in the bathroom and run the shower hot water for about 10 minutes.  Does a good job!

I've previously posted my trick: I pack wrinkle-prone clothes in dry cleaner plastic on hangers.  Stack and fold the entire stack in half or thirds and place on top of suitcase contents and zip up.  Unpack.  Hang up.  Minimal wrinkles.  Works every time.

Teddie

Edited by teddie
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, teddie said:

I've previously posted my trick: I pack wrinkle-prone clothes in dry cleaner plastic on hangers.  Stack and fold the entire stack in half or thirds and place on top of suitcase contents and zip up.  Unpack.  Hang up.  Minimal wrinkles.  Works every time.

Teddie

This is exactly what I do and have no problems with wrinkles!!!  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, denvilledog said:

I looked at my paperwork but I couldn't find an answer.  Can you bring a clothes steamer on board?  I'm sure my clothes will be wrinkled after unpacking.  Thank you!

Hmm, someone just asked the exact same question on FB and got the same answers.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/prohibited-items-onboard-policy

I, too, pack the big things on hangers, and I put them in the suitcase one at a time: One flat item half in and half out of the suitcase. Next one same, but out in a different direction. Continue until full enough, then start folding the out parts in, until all are stacked.  No creases at fold lines.

As long as I don't wait til day two to hang them, they are fine. Haven't had to use the hot shower method.

Packing them on hangers also gives me more incentive to hang them on the first day, as it isn't much of a chore.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, shipgeeks said:

I, too, pack the big things on hangers, and I put them in the suitcase one at a time: One flat item half in and half out of the suitcase. Next one same, but out in a different direction. Continue until full enough, then start folding the out parts in, until all are stacked.  No creases at fold lines.

As long as I don't wait til day two to hang them, they are fine. Haven't had to use the hot shower method.

Packing them on hangers also gives me more incentive to hang them on the first day, as it isn't much of a chore.

I use this fold over fold method to fill packing cubes. Works well with slacks and tees. I use undies and pjs to fill in the middles.  Works well.