Residence Inn Central Park/Courtyard Central Park

klfrodo

I'm a Bonvoy member, so I try to stay at Marriott properties.

I'm just a little confused about these 2 properties and am hoping for clarity and some insite.

Both of these properties are located at 1717 Broadway in NYC. (Corner of Broadway and 54th). How can this be?

We will be choosing one or the other for our pre-cruise stay next year (Dec) for 3 or 4 nights.

Please help me understand how 2 hotels can be at 1 address.

Any recommendations for 1 over the other?

Thanks

1 hour ago, klfrodo said:

I'm a Bonvoy member, so I try to stay at Marriott properties.

I'm just a little confused about these 2 properties and am hoping for clarity and some insite.

Both of these properties are located at 1717 Broadway in NYC. (Corner of Broadway and 54th). How can this be?

We will be choosing one or the other for our pre-cruise stay next year (Dec) for 3 or 4 nights.

Please help me understand how 2 hotels can be at 1 address.

Any recommendations for 1 over the other?

Thanks

I've seen this two different ways. I don't know the specifics of this property, but here's what I've seen:

In one layout there may be a single main entrance to the building but the individual hotels operate in different wings of the structure. For example you enter, then turn right for the Residence Inn front desk and rooms or turn left for the Courtyard front desk and rooms.

Another layout I've seen is where the different hotel brands occupy different floors of the building. For example the Residence Inn may be on floors 1 to 10, the Courtyard on floors 11-20.

• Like 1

The hotel will be split. Half the hotel will be configured as a Residence Inn, half as a Courtyard. While there should be separate entrances/front desks, it's possible you will be directed to one or the other.

One thing, one time I stayed at one of these split hotels, rather than a separate breakfast area, the Residence Inn just sent you to the main restaurant for the included breakfast. But this was before Courtyard's switched to their new format. 

We stay in this hotel regularly. We like it very much. The location is convenient to Times Square and Central Park. Staff from the front desk as well as the bellmen are very helpful. We have never had a problem getting transportation when needed - taxi or car service - depending on where we will be going. 

The Courtyard is on the lower floors, with a bank of elevators for them. The Residence Inn is on the upper floors with their own bank of elevators. There are kitchenettes in the Residence Inn rooms. Breakfast is included with the Residence Inn and available for a charge for those staying in the Courtyard.  Both share the same lobby. 

I choose which to stay in based on how long we will be there that trip and what the price of each is. 

Edited by spirit rev