Crystal Suite Dreams Upgrade offer for new bookings for 2024

Stickman1990

Crystal has just released a nice offer for those considering a 2024 cruise - very tempting…

SUITE DREAMS UPGRADE OFFER

We are delighted to announce our latest offer. For a limited time only, based on availability, you’ll receive an exclusive complimentary suite upgrade on new reservations for 2024 Crystal voyages booked before January 31, 2024. Additionally, guests who take advantage of this offer will benefit from included garment care and dry-cleaning services in all categories.*

By confirming a new reservation, you will be upgraded, free of charge, up to three suite categories. Guests booking an Aquamarine Veranda Suite will be upgraded to a Sapphire Veranda Suite, while those booking a Double Guest Room with Veranda will receive a complimentary upgrade to an Aquamarine Veranda Suite. Book your voyage by January 31, 2024, to take advantage of this exclusive opportunity.

Terms and Conditions: Suite Upgrade Offer is valid for new bookings made between December 14, 2023, and January 31, 2024, on select 2024 departures; excludes World Cruise, Grand Journeys, and combination sailings. Upgrades are subject to availability at the time of booking. Guests booked will receive up to a 3-suite category upgrade. Complimentary laundry includes second-day dry cleaning for five pieces plus one bag of free laundry every ten (10) cruise days and free pressing (5pcs/day). All offers are capacity-controlled and may be modified or withdrawn at any time without prior notice. Cancel rebooks are not permitted. Other restrictions may apply. Crystal reserves the right to correct errors.

https://crystalcruises.com/offer/us-offer-upgrade-2023-12-31

• Like 1

I am one of Crystal’s biggest cheerleaders but this really irritates me. We loyal crystal customers who have given Crystal tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars since the restart and have multiple 2024 cruises booked are not eligible for an upgrade but someone who is new to crystal and/or not loyal gets a complimentary upgrade? I already have 4 cruises booked for 2024 for which Crystal has had my deposit money for over 6 months and I don’t have infinite money to book more. I understand trying to lure new customers but I would suggest that Crystal also offer complimentary upgrades to existing bookings right before sailing based on availability and perhaps based on number of past voyages sailed or number of days sailed. I thought Crystal  valued past passengers - this is very disappointing. 

• Like 8

11 minutes ago, happy cruising said:

I am one of Crystal’s biggest cheerleaders but this really irritates me. We loyal crystal customers who have given Crystal tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars since the restart and have multiple 2024 cruises booked are not eligible for an upgrade but someone who is new to crystal and/or not loyal gets a complimentary upgrade? I already have 4 cruises booked for 2024 for which Crystal has had my deposit money for over 6 months and I don’t have infinite money to book more. I understand trying to lure new customers but I would suggest that Crystal also offer complimentary upgrades to existing bookings right before sailing based on availability and perhaps based on number of past voyages sailed or number of days sailed. I thought Crystal  valued past passengers - this is very disappointing. 

I was reading the comments on another social media about this, and many people would agree with you. 

The same as you I also have several cruises booked with Crystal. Three alone for 2024. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, happy cruising said:

OC used to grant discounts and upgrades to those already booked.

20 minutes ago, Texas Tillie said:

Sometimes the devil is in the details, like what would the single supplement be if you use this offer?

Patty

I was hoping the solo supplement to be the same as before, and the upgrade to be in the location of the cabin. I mean instead of receiving those cabins forward at least to move to midship ☺️.

Ivi

Edited by travelberlin

My TA got me a price quote on the solo offer. “April 25 2024 single guest room with past guest and port taxes is $ 10160, or under an upgrade offer they can offer Aquamarine is $ 14500 with taxes and past guest savings.”

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, happy cruising said:

Stickman1990, it says right in the offer details:

”Cancel rebooks are not permitted.”

Also --  "Only eligible for new reservations made after December 14, 2023"

So no refares (which differ from a cancel/rebook)

They are obviously trying to compete with Regents Extended Black Friday and Seabourn's Sail Away promotions.  Seabourn covers 2025 too and Regent's is voyage selective (the percents are 20 to 25%) - but both of these lines are allowing refares as we did one.

Edited by PaulMCO

We are two couples who booked in September for 4/25 Symphony sailing.  Final payment is due 12/26. I have been wondering why Crystal has stayed above the fray in refusing to promote as all the so called luxury cruise lines have been pushing hard for bookings. Makes one wonder, how they can do this to current booked passengers just as they are attempting to build rapport with past passengers, some who were burned by OC. 

I hope to hear from our travel agent tomorrow with a response to our query concerning upgrades. Of course prices are now increased for new bookings. Crystal would still be better off if they offer same deal at the new prices to currently booked passengers. It would stave off a lot of ill will and perhaps cancellations.

Hi everyone.

This is what I have been told. Rest assured, there is no speculation on my part.  I wouldn't share this if I was not 100% sure on how it works.

First, look at the new pricing as it may have changed since you booked the cruise. See what is included in terms of other discounts you may have received such as a Crystal Society discount.   If you are withiinthe canellation time frame cancellation fees will apply.  If you have done all of this and you see savings/benefits from this then contact your TA to see if they can work with Crystal to cancel your existing booking (there will be a $250.00 admin. fee) and rebook for you. Or if yo don't want to go through all of this contact your TA and ask them to do this for you. And yes, I am well award of what the terms say. but as I noted this is what I have been told and I am not speculating no the ability to cancel and rebook. Again, your TA needs to get with Crystal.

Again, everyone should take a look at the specifics of your voyage.

While some might benefit others might not.  Remember things like dynamic pricing and just the fact that pricing has changed before.

Keith

• Like 1

5 hours ago, barcrab said:

We are two couples who booked in September for 4/25 Symphony sailing.  Final payment is due 12/26. I have been wondering why Crystal has stayed above the fray in refusing to promote as all the so called luxury cruise lines have been pushing hard for bookings. Makes one wonder, how they can do this to current booked passengers just as they are attempting to build rapport with past passengers, some who were burned by OC. 

I hope to hear from our travel agent tomorrow with a response to our query concerning upgrades. Of course prices are now increased for new bookings. Crystal would still be better off if they offer same deal at the new prices to currently booked passengers. It would stave off a lot of ill will and perhaps cancellations.

Good you have your TA involved.

And this is the issue I mentioned in my post (Post number 20 on this thread).

The key on all of this is to have your TA compare your current booking with the cruise fare you were charged less  any discounts you might have gotten with the new promotion to see if there is any benefit for you canceling, paying the admin. fee and rebooking it.  If prices have gone up for the new booking you might find there is no benefit of rebooking unless the new price is lower than your current price.  They will not provide an upgrade at the price of your current booking. You have to cancel and rebook. 

This is one where the devil is in the details and why it's important to have a TA look at what cancelling and rebooking would mean. 

The good news is you are not yet in the penalty phase for cancelling other than the admin. fee.

Good luck with this.

Keith

4 hours ago, Keith1010 said:

First, look at the new pricing as it may have changed since you booked the cruise. See what is included in terms of other discounts you may have received such as a Crystal Society discount.  

Keith

Does this mean that there is no Crystal Society discount with this promotion, as I cannot find reference to this in the terms and conditions ?

I have looked at my 3 bookings for 2024. All of them have had considerable price increases, so that even if cancel and rebooking were possible, the final price is not attractive. Despite that, the US 250 administration fee is kind of penalizing those who have booked early imho.

And the offer indeed does not apply for solo cruisers. Didn’t just Crystal received a recognition as „best for solo cruisers“? 

Ivi

• Haha 1