Speciality Dining for Latitudes Members

RADGIRL80

Hi,

my husband and I are platinum. On the tier benefits it says that platinum receives dinner with wine and then it says again dinner right below. 

Does this mean we each get one additional specialty dining night or 2? I don’t understand why it has it twice but the second time without the wine. How do we get them applied? 

Also, booking isn’t available online for any speciality dining. We cruise in 2 wks. Do they still have openings when we get on board? 

thank you!!

Edited by RADGIRL80
Misspell

@RADGIRL80

2 nights for 2 people, one with a bottle of wine.   Book them and then explain what you want when you go.

They only book about 30% of places before the cruise.   I am surprised that ALL have gone already.   There will be plenty once you board.   There will be a special place on embarkation day to book your dining.

You will get 2 speciality dinners for 2, one with a bottle of wine included (from a special wine list). You will reserve the restaurant and take your vouchers with you to give to the hostess when checking in.  If there are no restaurants to book online, I would call or use chat to see what you can book now. If nothing is available for the time you want, then book first thing once on board.

1 hour ago, RADGIRL80 said:

Hi,

my husband and I are platinum. On the tier benefits it says that platinum receives dinner with wine and then it says again dinner right below. 

Does this mean we each get one additional specialty dining night or 2? I don’t understand why it has it twice but the second time without the wine. How do we get them applied? 

Also, booking isn’t available online for any speciality dining. We cruise in 2 wks. Do they still have openings when we get on board? 

thank you!!

You will have two vouchers in your stateroom on embarkation day. Each voucher is good for a dinner for two. One voucher includes a bottle of wine

Front

image.png.c74439d75dc766840f4863e50d47692f.png

Back

image.png.4830ed956d4fa7aff799fc429b89c736.png

Sample Platinum Wine List (it changes based on availability of wines onboard)

image.thumb.png.8666a8325dd41a7056f076084fd61124.png

image.thumb.png.54653072c039bb90ebe2f37096796cba.png

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, roddy good boy said:

Why is that?

I'm guessing she meant that it is better to use your FAS credits at other venues, since you "technically" get the same options with either one at Teppanyaki.  The "rules" suggest that you can get an extra appetizer or salad with FAS vs. Platinum at other venues, but actual experiences suggest that in most cases it doesn't make a difference.

We used to love eating at teppanyaki, but imho,it has gone way way down hill in the past few years. they have changed filet mignon to ny strip, and after you've eaten there a few times, even the show put on by the chef becomes slightly redundant. 

also, I'm 75 and through most of my life i have never been into "class participation"  so i don't want to singalong, i don't want the chef to try and launch a piece of egg into my mouth, and really, the noise, if   the  restaurant is full, totally takes away from the experience. Even with the meal being free, at least  50% of the time we're cruising on an NCL ship,  we  pass on eating there,  By the way, Benihana, it ain't!  The opinions expressed herein, are strictly my own, and emphatically, "YES" I'm a grumpy, grouchy old man. Just ask my wife. LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 12/19/2023 at 1:54 AM, complawyer said:

We used to love eating at teppanyaki, but imho,it has gone way way down hill in the past few years. they have changed filet mignon to ny strip, and after you've eaten there a few times, even the show put on by the chef becomes slightly redundant. 

also, I'm 75 and through most of my life i have never been into "class participation"  so i don't want to singalong, i don't want the chef to try and launch a piece of egg into my mouth, and really, the noise, if   the  restaurant is full, totally takes away from the experience. Even with the meal being free, at least  50% of the time we're cruising on an NCL ship,  we  pass on eating there,  By the way, Benihana, it ain't!  The opinions expressed herein, are strictly my own, and emphatically, "YES" I'm a grumpy, grouchy old man. Just ask my wife. LOL

I'll go along with the non-participation.

My biggest annoyance with these places is the non-boxed take home bonus:

a coating of oil spray all over my eye glasses   😒