O-class ships in Penthouse Suites: Anyone know if bed can be separated??

ATLConsultant

28 minutes ago, ATLConsultant said:

We're looking at a cruise in 2025 but this will be a dealbreaker for us if we can't separate the beds.  Thanks!!

Yes, can ask for them to be separated.  Your TA can do that for you.

1 minute ago, schmerl said:

No, there is NO space between the beds. The nightstands are on either side of the beds. 

I assumed one of  nightstands moved! Not much point in ‘unzipping’ the mattress’s if they don’t have space between the beds!

I’ve traveled on 4 of the smaller and 1 of the larger Oceania ships and was always able to move a night stand between the separated beds.  My roomie and I just have the housekeepers move the beds apart and make them up separately and then we move the ‘heavy’ furniture ourselves.  My guess is that the housekeepers are not supposed to be moving that stuff, from a work safety standpoint.

2 hours ago, ORV said:

Well someone is right here, it can't be both ways.

Actually it can be. I believe the answer depends upon what the butler/cabin steward opts to do.

I believe a lot of people come to this site wanting/expecting some corporate/military “ one size fits all “ answer. What they get is a multitude of answers based primarily on the company personnel involved. Easy example is the interpretation and enforcement of any assumptions on dress codes. It depends. If you want a one size fits all answer: Join the Navy! Oceania will probably disappoint you. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Wynterwynd said:

My guess is that the housekeepers are not supposed to be moving that stuff, from a work safety standpoint.

No better to let the pax do it  & end up in the Medical center  (extra revenue) 😈

If you tell  the TA or O rep when you book  you want 2 single beds it usually will be set up when you arrive

do not wait until you are onboard  on day 1   to ask the crew are very busy

• Like 1

“No better to let the pax do it  & end up in the Medical center  (extra revenue) 😈

If you tell  the TA or O rep when you book  you want 2 single beds it usually will be set up when you arrive

do not wait until you are onboard  on day 1   to ask the crew are very busy”

Everyone’s back is different, lol.  But this has worked for me on several occasions and I’ve not ended up in the medical center.

My experience has always been to ask for separated beds well before the cruise and then when I arrive and it’s not been done, I ask the housekeeper and she has the beds separated by the time we are back from dinner.  

On 12/18/2023 at 6:33 PM, LHT28 said:

No better to let the pax do it  & end up in the Medical center  (extra revenue) 😈

If you tell  the TA or O rep when you book  you want 2 single beds it usually will be set up when you arrive

do not wait until you are onboard  on day 1   to ask the crew are very busy

We requested the beds be separated as soon as we booked the cruise. We were told the nightstand couldn't be moved between the beds. I doubt my back would have been able to handle moving it myself . I sent this email four months before our cruise....It also included some other requests  our  which I delete.  We were in a Penthouse....

Hello,

I would like to make some requests for our upcoming cruise. We will be sailing on the Riviera March 2, 2023. Our booking number is

We also need the beds separated. I don't know how much furniture in the room can be moved, but if the night stands can be put in between the beds, it would be great. We'd like the beds to be as far apart as possible. 

Thank you for your help with these matters. 

They responded that everything would be taken care of, however......no dice. 

Edited by schmerl

• 3 months later...

We have a similar issue regarding the bed or beds but we are in a Concierge stateroom.

If the beds cannot be separated would it be possible to have two separate covers? I think the bed is only a queen size and if separated the single unit would be a bit narrow? 

Thank you for any advice 

11 minutes ago, MonikaV said:

We have a similar issue regarding the bed or beds but we are in a Concierge stateroom.

If the beds cannot be separated would it be possible to have two separate covers? I think the bed is only a queen size and if separated the single unit would be a bit narrow? 

Thank you for any advice 

Have had it done before on Marina in a standard Veranda Stateroom.  On Marina they were still close together but separate bedding. Not sure if bedside tables were movable or not, but if they were only real option would be to move one closest to the sofa due to closet configuration on Marina veranda staterooms. 

7 minutes ago, EJL2023 said:

Have had it done before on Marina in a standard Veranda Stateroom.  On Marina they were still close together but separate bedding. Not sure if bedside tables were movable or not, but if they were only real option would be to move one closest to the sofa due to closet configuration on Marina veranda staterooms. 

The problem is not so much the nightstands, but that the pillow of the moved bed would be rubbing the bedside power outlets ... and anything an incautious pax might plug into them.

You can get separate bedding and maybe 3".

8 minutes ago, Snaefell3 said:

The problem is not so much the nightstands, but that the pillow of the moved bed would be rubbing the bedside power outlets ... and anything an incautious pax might plug into them.

That would do nicely for us - as our main issue is sharing one cover. Thank you

20 minutes ago, Snaefell3 said:

Yes, but they will still move nightstand and put bed in line with the bedside outlets. 

45 minutes ago, EJL2023 said:

Yes, but they will still move nightstand and put bed in line with the bedside outlets. 

Not on Vista's voyage of Mar 16-27.

Have they violated minimum clearance electrical safety regulations for you?

We always have the beds separated.  Usually abutting each other, but with separate linens.  On one occasion, the room attendant placed a night stand between the beds, but it created more of a space issue, and we had the arrangement changed to our usual configuration.  Just let your room attendant know your preference, and he/she will happily oblige.  Happy cruising!

• Like 1