Azamara Newbie - Checkin for Cruise?

*twinkle*

Can I just double check - we don't need to checkin online for Azamara Pursuit cruise?  We just show up at the pier?

After multiple cruises with other lines, this just seems weird 🙂

Anything else we need to know?  Leaving for Cape Town soon, cruise starts on 3rd January.

3 minutes ago, *twinkle* said:

Can I just double check - we don't need to checkin online for Azamara Pursuit cruise?  We just show up at the pier?

Anything else we need to know?  Leaving for Cape Town soon, cruise starts on 3rd January.

Not "weird"...easy!😊

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, *twinkle* said:

Fill in your passport information and make sure you have your Boarding pass - Azamara won’t need it, but you may need it to get on the dock, depends on the port. We had to show it in Dubai in November. It will be in your guest pack. If you haven’t had that, it should come either from Azamara if you booked directly or from your TA if you booked through one (TA has to ask Azamara for it)

• Like 1

That's it. In the good old days, we could check in on line, print out our papers, show up at the dock, and go through the whole process a second time. Somewhere along the line, this process collapsed into the electronic ether, and now you show up passport in hand, and cruise confirmation and 10 minutes later, they let you board. Worry more about how to get to your departure city and to the port than getting on board the ship. And have a wonderful time.

26 minutes ago, *twinkle* said:

Thanks for confirming.  Yes, it sounds too good to be true!  But absolutely fine by me.

@Grandma Cruising We don't have a boarding pass or guest pack.  I think it's unlikely we will receive this before we depart on Sunday.  Our TA is in the USA, and we are in the UK.  We will just need to wing it!

The boarding pass and guest “booklet” are electronic, so if your TA is working this week they should be able to get it to you by Sunday. It’s not a big deal if you don’t have it though!

3 hours ago, Dr H said:

Somewhere along the line, this process collapsed into the electronic ether, and now you show up passport in hand, and cruise confirmation and 10 minutes later, they let you board. 

10 minutes????? Perhaps if you show up after 4:00pm. 

1 hour ago, wjfan417 said:

The boarding pass and guest “booklet” are electronic, so if your TA is working this week they should be able to get it to you by Sunday. It’s not a big deal if you don’t have it though!

Depends on the port. We would have had problems getting onto the Dubai Marina without it. We had to show it at the gate and the guard inspected it closely.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, *twinkle* said:

Thanks for confirming.  Yes, it sounds too good to be true!  But absolutely fine by me.

@Grandma Cruising We don't have a boarding pass or guest pack.  I think it's unlikely we will receive this before we depart on Sunday.  Our TA is in the USA, and we are in the UK.  We will just need to wing it!

Make sure you have something to show at the port gate that shows you are with Azamara if you are getting there independently

• Like 1

We board in a few days and have received nothing looking like a a boarding pass or other info from AZ.  WE are planning to do as the website says, show up with our passports & credit card in hand.  (will also bring along copies of our paid invoices.......   Just in case)

15 minutes ago, crusinbanjo said:

We board in a few days and have received nothing looking like a a boarding pass or other info from AZ.  WE are planning to do as the website says, show up with our passports & credit card in hand.  (will also bring along copies of our paid invoices.......   Just in case)

If you booked with a TA they have to ask Azamara for this

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Grandma Cruising said:

If you booked with a TA they have to ask Azamara for this

In the past that would have been true. Things are so screwed up that I was able to call Azamara directly and have them email me everything.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, marinaro44 said:

No different from checking in for a flight today.  Go up to the desk, hand the agent your passport, and everything just flows from there.

Precisely, and exactly our recent experience on 3 short B2B cruises with Azamara, Windstar and Emerald.

• Like 1

From the Azamara UK website:

At Azamara Cruises, we're dedicated to crafting seamless and stress-free voyages, and our commitment begins even before you set foot on our ships. We understand that your journey should be about making memories, not navigating paperwork. That's why we've introduced our hassle-free easy check-in process.

When you arrive at the port with your documents in hand, you've already done the heavy lifting. We take care of the rest, ensuring that your boarding experience is as effortless as your vacation should be. Here is what you can expect during your easy check-in:

- Present a valid passport

- Sign the cruise ticket contract

- Swipe credit card for incidentals

- Take a picture for your keycard 

So, leave your worries behind, and embark on your Azamara journey with peace of mind, knowing that we're here to make every moment extraordinary.

• Like 1

RE: My 10 minute comment. It is very fast - sign a credit card agreement, produce a passport and proof that you actually paid for the cruise, and you are checked in. BOARDING may take longer, and that's dependent on the number of folks gathered in the terminal waiting to, well, board.