bed position in veranda cabins?

39august

3 hours ago, 39august said:

We prefer bed by the bath. How do we determine this on Hal ships, please?

To confirm, go to HalFacts.com and find pics of a room near yours on the deck plan. Note: on the Pinnacle list of cabins, specifically on Deck 4 (but maybe other decks), some of the Vista Suites are marked "V", for verandah. If you look at the photo and the bed is near the balcony, the cabin is a VS or mini-suite. As pmjnh said, all of the Verandahs at least on the Pinnacle ships have the bed near the bath. 

From our experience in Verandah cabins.....when you walk in to the cabin it is bathroom, bed, sitting area, balcony....in that order from cabin door to the ocean......You are only a few paces from the bed to the potty.

Enjoy the journey......

• Like 2

3 hours ago, crystalspin said:

To confirm, go to HalFacts.com and find pics of a room near yours on the deck plan. Note: on the Pinnacle list of cabins, specifically on Deck 4 (but maybe other decks), some of the Vista Suites are marked "V", for verandah. If you look at the photo and the bed is near the balcony, the cabin is a VS or mini-suite. As pmjnh said, all of the Verandahs at least on the Pinnacle ships have the bed near the bath. 

I was on the Rotterdam in a Vista Suite, Deck 8 and loved the bed near the balcony. I could sit or lie in the bed all day long and watch the ocean. When i it is further away, the view isn't as good.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, ChinaShrek said:

I was on the Rotterdam in a Vista Suite, Deck 8 and loved the bed near the balcony. I could sit or lie in the bed all day long and watch the ocean. When i it is further away, the view isn't as good.

We enjoyed it too, on the K'dam. We would come in from the hall and not have to sidle around the bed to rest and maybe log in to the computer at the desk. We don't actually use the balcony much! Will see how that holds up in the So.Pacific...

If we were travelling with others, with the balconies open between, and socializing through that opening, I would want the sitting area by the balcony, like most Verandah cabins have. (Some of the Spa Verandahs made be reversed.)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, sandiego1 said:

A friend posted a photo of her OV cabin that had the bed on the side wall, not under the window. It was the 1st time I had seen an OV in that configuration. It looked so odd to me.

I have seen that arrangement on the deck where the lifeboats and tenders are hanging outside (Deck 4 on many HAL ships). The OVs are Partially Obstructed but some at least have larger windows than the customary with the bed under the window.

22 hours ago, julia said:

@39august

The "bed by the bath vs. bed by the balcony" is more of a Celebrity thing, where they have alternating cabin layouts.  HAL is mostly bed by bath, with a few exceptions as mentioned above.

Also an NCL thing, at least on the Breakaway+ class ships.  It all depends on if it's a 3 per cabin or 4 per cabin Balcony and/or Club Balcony.  3 have beds by the closet/loo, while 4 have beds by the balcony door as there is a drop-down bed above the couch/bed by the closet/loo.