Is Guy's Smokehouse still free for dinner on celebration/mardi gras?

USU_Aggie

1 hour ago, Knights on the Beach said:

Yes. There a a few upcharge items on the dinner menu but most of it is free. We thought it was inconsistent on Mardi Gras, sometimes good and sometimes not but it was easily the worst meal we had on Celebration a couple weeks ago. 😞

That's too bad. Although, I live overseas and can't find any American BBQ at all so maybe your worst meal will be good enough for me!

Thanks again. 

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I was on the Celebration May 5 to 18. The menu is the same but they charge for the Prime Rib and full rack of ribs. I think it was $20 for the prime rib and $17 for the ribs. It’s open seating. We had dinner there twice and thought it was good.  There were always tables available when we walked by but the bar was usually full. It’s definitely worth a try and nice to just walk up and not check in on App. 

On 3/3/2024 at 2:35 PM, firstcruise92 said:

Has this changed?  

9 hours ago, redsox1584 said:

Also curious about this if it still the same 

This is not changing any time soon if ever.

10 hours ago, LaRue1975 said:

I was on the Celebration May 5 to 18. The menu is the same but they charge for the Prime Rib and full rack of ribs. I think it was $20 for the prime rib and $17 for the ribs. It’s open seating. We had dinner there twice and thought it was good.  There were always tables available when we walked by but the bar was usually full. It’s definitely worth a try and nice to just walk up and not check in on App. 

That's interesting because we definitely had to check in to dine on the Mardi Gras. Granted, you can't check in on the app and had to see the hostess. It also had one of the longest waits for a table all week. Maybe they make you check in if all tables are full.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pyxie said:

That's interesting because we definitely had to check in to dine on the Mardi Gras. Granted, you can't check in on the app and had to see the hostess. It also had one of the longest waits for a table all week. Maybe they make you check in if all tables are full.

We checked in at the desk but were seated immediately both times, must have been lucky. Another plus is you can pick your table too rather than being assigned one on the app. It’s a good compromise for the hubby and I, he would eat at the buffet every night! 😜

• Like 1

On 6/4/2024 at 10:38 PM, LaRue1975 said:

Do they charge for the second visit like they do with Chibang & Cucina or can you go as many times as you want?  

My bf loves the trash can nachos 😂 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, redsox1584 said:

Do they charge for the second visit like they do with Chibang & Cucina or can you go as many times as you want?  

No, you can go every night and it’s free unless you order prime rib or full rack of ribs. I think it’s a smaller menu though and not sure the nachos were on there. The salmon was and that’s all I cared about, lol! You get one of the papers like they have for lunch in the Cocina and Jiji’s. You check the things you want, an appetizer, entree and dessert. They did let us order all three desserts to share.

Edited by LaRue1975
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, redsox1584 said:

You aren't going to find the nachos anymore since the menu change.  Many things were taken off and the nightly specials they once had were gone.  Now it is a rehash of the lunch menu along with loaded tots, salmon or a sandwich.  You can also pay for ribs of prime rib.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, ray98 said:

You aren't going to find the nachos anymore since the menu change.  Many things were taken off and the nightly specials they once had were gone.  Now it is a rehash of the lunch menu along with loaded tots, salmon or a sandwich.  You can also pay for ribs of prime rib.

thanks for letting me know about the nachos - I'll have to break the bad news 😂

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/7/2024 at 5:32 PM, redsox1584 said:

thanks for letting me know about the nachos - I'll have to break the bad news 😂

I saw this post before I left on my cruise. I was on Horizon last week and just happened to think of this post when I saw trash can nachos on their menu for $5. So it is still on Horizon at this point.

On 6/4/2024 at 8:38 PM, LaRue1975 said:

In April we had to wait to be seated for supper. There was a long line.