2024 menus...

proposal

On 12/29/2023 at 1:38 PM, bretts173 said:

People really should have a close look at a menu from 2018 and see not much has really changed.

Removing the Classics and not allowing substitutions is a HUGE Change!! 

I was told my dietary restrictions were not significant enough for a substitution!!  

4 minutes ago, RoyalFan2011 said:

I’ll be on my first cruise since the changes took place.  I’m the first to admit I am a very picky eater.  All I ever ate was the grilled chicken breast.  I might be ordering off the kids menu 😀

I actually think they offer grilled chicken every night, it comes with a sauce so you may want to have them put that on the side.   

On 12/28/2023 at 7:40 PM, CntPAcruiser said:

It was hinted to us on our October/November 2023 cruise that once the COVID debt was paid off, menus on Royal would improve again. Let's see if that ever happens!!!

I hope that is the case, but I doubt it.   The cheerleaders used to excuse the cost cutting by saying "cruises are so much cheaper now".  But they aren't really anymore.  Yep, I'm cynical when it comes to corporations and costs.

On 12/28/2023 at 7:40 PM, CntPAcruiser said:

It was hinted to us on our October/November 2023 cruise that once the COVID debt was paid off, menus on Royal would improve again. Let's see if that ever happens!!!

I hope that is the case, but I doubt it.   The cheerleaders used to excuse the cost cutting by saying "cruises are so much cheaper now".  But they aren't really anymore but the cuts keep coming.  Yep, I'm cynical when it comes to corporations and costs.

9 hours ago, RoyalFan2011 said:

I’ll be on my first cruise since the changes took place.  I’m the first to admit I am a very picky eater.  All I ever ate was the grilled chicken breast.  I might be ordering off the kids menu 😀

The kid's menu is limited also.  Prior to change I used to order from the kids if noting interested me in that night's menu.  

9 hours ago, Tenderpaw said:

I hope that is the case, but I doubt it.   The cheerleaders used to excuse the cost cutting by saying "cruises are so much cheaper now".  But they aren't really anymore.  Yep, I'm cynical when it comes to corporations and costs.

They are still in comparison to similar vacations, also when you check how much tickets for entertainment… prices in restaurants are now. Still the best value.