2024 menus...

proposal

1 hour ago, proposal said:

I didn't realize there was a time between regular menu changes.   What is that time and why? 

I'd bet that when they set new menus, they have to sign long term contracts with the suppliers to make sure that they get the supplies regularly and all over the world.  So they have to at least let the contracts run out or re-negotiate them.  

But things never happen instantly- this new menu isn't that old, and it takes a while to completely redo it.

16 minutes ago, alfaeric said:

I'd bet that when they set new menus, they have to sign long term contracts with the suppliers to make sure that they get the supplies regularly and all over the world.  So they have to at least let the contracts run out or re-negotiate them.  

But things never happen instantly- this new menu isn't that old, and it takes a while to completely redo it.

I was hoping Royal would follow Celebrity in introducing the favorite entrees every night.

30 minutes ago, nelblu said:

I was hoping Royal would follow Celebrity in introducing the favorite entrees every night.

How long would it take to line up the suppliers to add those favorites every night?  For every ship.  

I agree with you, but it's not as easy as just saying "add them".  

Not sure how many people here are bourbon drinkers, but I really think Royal adding Buffalo Trace products is one of the reasons Blantons got so very hard to get- they have so many ships that they need to supply every single week, many more than once a week, all over the world.  On a daily basis, they are feeding over 100,000 people- that's a lot of food to get.

30 minutes ago, sunonfire said:

What is the current limits or costs for appetizers, main course, and desserts?

You can order multiple apps and desserts.  On occasions, I have requested and got multiple entrees, especially at lobster night.

Specialty restaurants you can get mutiple apps and desserts.  Only one entree.  Prior to pandemic it was $10 for 2nd entrees--not sure what the cost is these days, especially with the current pricing.

17 hours ago, proposal said:

Does anyone know if Royal plans a change for the menus again this year?  

Hopefully sooner than later sometime next year 

Edited by LilBlackDress
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, proposal said:

I know 2023 brought a major menu change, but has anyone noticed any minor changes since then? 

They brought the fruit and cheese plate back, and added another two nights with salmon as one of the entrees.

On 12/28/2023 at 8:40 PM, CntPAcruiser said:

It was hinted to us on our October/November 2023 cruise that once the COVID debt was paid off, menus on Royal would improve again. Let's see if that ever happens!!!

Bring back the classics section and I'll be pleased. Would love to be able to get my French onion soup each night again.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, alfaeric said:

I would bet that 99% of the grocery list is the same regardless of what is listed on the menu. 

• Like 1

On 12/28/2023 at 8:08 PM, proposal said:

Does anyone know if Royal plans a change for the menus again this year?  

I was prepared to say, "Nah, not this soon", but I opened up the app and looked at menus for our upcoming cruise ... and some evening's menus are now gone.  I know they were published earlier.  What does this mean?  I dunno.  Just reporting what I see.

On 12/29/2023 at 10:58 AM, proposal said:

I know 2023 brought a major menu change, but has anyone noticed any minor changes since then? 

Yes, some of those classics have snuck back in ... though they're not in a marked section, and they're not the same every night.   

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, bretts173 said:

Most of the old every day items available 4 or 5 times a week. Whinge for whinge sake.

But less entrees to select on a nightly basis especially with the addition of the vegan and Indian dish.  Remember, Vegans had their own menu, although limited.

• Like 2