Where does Constellation port in Cinque Terre?

amurray88

The train is a great way to get to Cinque Terre, if that is a mode of transportation you find enjoyable.  The ship, if docking in La Spezia, is not quite a mile away, so you can take a taxi or walk.  The villages are easily traveled to on the train, but seeing all of them might be a bit rushed.  It just depends on your interests, research and mode of preferred travel with the time constraints.  Enjoy!  We have stayed in Monterosso al Mare twice, but have also visited from La Spezia by train.

I don't see any of Constellations summer itineraries including a stop for the CT. Some of the other Celebrity ships do, and that port is La Spezia. It is a short train ride away, on a Regionale train, run by Trenitalia. You will want to read up on the Cinque Terre Card; essentially a day pass to use to village hop using the train between the villages and to/from La Spezia Central Station. Use a taxi or walk between the ship and the train station.

11 minutes ago, mom says said:

I don't see any of Constellations summer itineraries including a stop for the CT. Some of the other Celebrity ships do, and that port is La Spezia. It is a short train ride away, on a Regionale train, run by Trenitalia. You will want to read up on the Cinque Terre Card; essentially a day pass to use to village hop using the train between the villages and to/from La Spezia Central Station. Use a taxi or walk between the ship and the train station.

6 Sept. cruise from Ravenna has an ON in La Spezia.  EM

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

6 Sept. cruise from Ravenna has an ON in La Spezia.  EM

Lol. Figures- I think that's about the only sailing I didn't look at. But it's great that it is an overnight. No worries about arriving back late to the boat on the first day. And with an early arrival in port, there should be enough time for a brief visit in all 5 villages.

8 hours ago, mom says said:

Lol. Figures- I think that's about the only sailing I didn't look at. But it's great that it is an overnight. No worries about arriving back late to the boat on the first day. And with an early arrival in port, there should be enough time for a brief visit in all 5 villages.

TA advertising it to us as Florence and Pisa.... We've done Livorno before but this seems further away from Florence and Pisa. Thankfully we'd have the overnight but it seems a long round trip to Florence!

Posted (edited)

We did a ship tour to Cinque Terre from La Spezia in July, off of Edge.  

Coach from ship to railway station, then train to one of the villages.  
Had a guided tour and time for lunch.  Then a small boat down the coast to see the other villages before landing at Portovene for a brief tour, then coach back to ship.

it was a very enjoyable day.  Lots of steps!

Edited by ElmaLee
Spelling

13 hours ago, amurray88 said:

TA advertising it to us as Florence and Pisa.... We've done Livorno before but this seems further away from Florence and Pisa. Thankfully we'd have the overnight but it seems a long round trip to Florence!

You're right. La Spezia is easily an extra hour than Livorno  (by train) to Florence. I suppose, if Florence was the goal, that you could spend the night in Florence and return to the ship after lunch the next day. A chance to watch the sunset from Piazza Michaelangelo , stroll the historic center streets after dark, and indulge in a decadent Florentine steak dinner....

35 minutes ago, mom says said:

You're right. La Spezia is easily an extra hour than Livorno  (by train) to Florence. I suppose, if Florence was the goal, that you could spend the night in Florence and return to the ship after lunch the next day. A chance to watch the sunset from Piazza Michaelangelo , stroll the historic center streets after dark, and indulge in a decadent Florentine steak dinner....

Oh wow, that sounds amazing but certainly out of our budget 😂.... If you're talking about getting the last train back to the boat and grabbing a big Mac on the way then possibly 😂 although I do love the sound of it!

The TA tried to sell it as Florence and Pisa which I thought was strange.

We visited Santa Margherita last year and L-O-V-E-D it so possibly a return to there!

• 3 weeks later...