LIVE-Prima Feb 2-9, 2024 from Galveston-Western Caribbean with PICs, Haven (HE)

Sorry to hear of your mishap but things seem to be going well for you.

I would keep and use the cane whether you think you need it or not. The advantage is that you are broadcasting a message to all around you that you have a problem. Hopefully you won't be bumped or jostled in crowds and people will make space for you.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Liljo22 said:

The water there is really only ankle deep so people aren’t really hanging out there.  It’s more for the aesthetics.

So...whose ankles get to use it? Just the people on the beds...or anyone who feels the need to soak their ankles? Or little kids who want the water to only go up to their ankles? Like a splash pad...with beds.

And, no...for once I'm not being facetious. Plus, I'd like to know who came up with this goofy idea and where they're working now.

Edited by schmoopie17
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, david_sobe said:

Come on now.  Who does not want to wade in 2 feet of water with stranger's feet and toes in your face.

On our cruise this was the go to for parents with small children and toddlers. No thanks!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, laudergayle said:

On our cruise this was the go to for parents with small children and toddlers. No thanks!

Hotel Director and Security should be advised 

"

Why can’t children who are not toilet trained use the pools on cruise ships?

Children who wear any type of swimming diaper or other diapers are not allowed in pools because fecal matter may contaminate the water. This can expose other swimmers to fecal matter that is potentially infectious."

https://www.hhs.gov/guidance/document/cdc-vessel-sanitation-program-frequently-asked-questions

And from a UK site 

"Maritime law states that babies who are not toilet trained CAN NOT use cruise ship pools as a result the more family friendly cruise lines have created splash areas which are easier to keep clean thus offering a great place for babies in swim nappies to play."

These are by the vanishing edge pools, do they drain/circulate with those pools?

• Like 1

@graphicguy so sorry for your injury due to NCL negligence. I feel your embarrassment and pain.  On our last cruise I had a similar incident in Cagney’s going between the “wet, cleaned that day” carpet to the hard surface by the bar.  An NCL person finally showed up and said I should go to medical (which I didn’t).  In a not so kind voice I told them to get me a darn napkin and a bandaid.  They did finally get me a bandaid and I never saw them again.  Two nights later security tracked me down and asked for a statement and to sign their form.  I told them I believed the wet carpet in Cagney’s was to blame…the security lady said, ok if you need to go to medical, please do.  Funny, she was no longer interested in writing my statement nor getting my signature.  Hmmm…probably shouldn’t document that liability!   Wishing you a quick recovery!!  

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Fogfog said:

These are by the vanishing edge pools, do they drain/circulate with those pools?

Beats me.  But I was also worried by the smaller children (who were potty trained) climbing up the pool side at the infinity edge.  That glass isn’t very tall.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bluefish17 said:

Sorry to hear of your mishap but things seem to be going well for you.

I would keep and use the cane whether you think you need it or not. The advantage is that you are broadcasting a message to all around you that you have a problem. Hopefully you won't be bumped or jostled in crowds and people will make space for you.

Oh…believe me…people who spend even a little

time with me know for a fact I have a problem!😂

• Haha 5

24 minutes ago, laudergayle said:

Beats me.  But I was also worried by the smaller children (who were potty trained) climbing up the pool side at the infinity edge.  That glass isn’t very tall.  

Darwin? 🙃

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, graphicguy said:

Not many pre school kids on board.  But, just saw a couple who went off in a huff because the Haven bartender would not let their little angels sit in the bar area!  

🤣😍

Hope they know those angels can't be on the Haven pool deck (over 16)

Edited by Fogfog
  • Like 3

@graphicguy get thread I’m following religiously as we’ll be doing the same trip, including haven, over Easter.

One question you’re in a great position to answer as your journey continues is which part of the ship ends up with the best view at port. I would imagine starboard aft is where the ideal location to be facing shore but I’ve never been to any of these except Cozumel. 

Heal fast and have fun!

• Like 1

Hmmm, is that a dry water slide, closed for maintenance 😬 😄 😆 since 1/3 of the pax are ashore ... with late sailing time from port. 

What's for (non-liquid) dinner tonight ... perhaps in-suite dining, order from the Haven restaurant and/or extras from Food Republic.  

But, wait - looks like you are hoping around & managing okay.  Enjoy the evening ... have you checked out the Observation Lounge yet ? 

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Seattle_Guy said:

@graphicguy get thread I’m following religiously as we’ll be doing the same trip, including haven, over Easter.

One question you’re in a great position to answer as your journey continues is which part of the ship ends up with the best view at port. I would imagine starboard aft is where the ideal location to be facing shore but I’ve never been to any of these except Cozumel. 

Heal fast and have fun!

Thanks…you’re going to love it.  Glad you’re enjoying this.

Frankly, it depends on weather, wind, condition of the port’s docks, etc which way the ship is docked….either aft in first or vice versa.

Plus, these ports in particular, there are no bad views.  You’re either looking at beautiful clear blue water or the actual dock city!

You’ll be aft regardless, which is where I always prefer!

Beautiful ship.  Great crew. Unfortunately our Concierge is moving to Encore in a few weeks!  But, all the ones I’ve had were all outstanding!  So, you’ll be fine!!!!

Edited by graphicguy
  • Like 2