LIVE-Prima Feb 2-9, 2024 from Galveston-Western Caribbean with PICs, Haven (HE)

We will be on the Prima in less than two months for eleven days. Your review and all the information is so helpful and appreciated. And we love your positive outlook! Really enjoying following.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Seattle_Guy said:

Looks wonderful! Did I miss the daily schedule? 🙂

Not sure!  

I rarely even look at mine so not sure where I put it.

In truth, the only reason I post them is they’re delivered as hardcopy.  They are replicated in my phone, so the paper ones don’t mean much.  If NCL wanted to save a little money, they should probably jus do away with the paper ones.

A word of caution about the dailies posted here.  They will not reflect the schedules on your sailing.  Even during this cruise, entertainment has changed times and even dates.

In short, don’t rely on the ones posted here for YOUR cruise!

8 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Not sure!  

I rarely even look at mine so not sure where I put it.

In truth, the only reason I post them is they’re delivered as hardcopy.  They are replicated in my phone, so the paper ones don’t mean much.  If NCL wanted to save a little money, they should probably jus do away with the paper ones.

A word of caution about the dailies posted here.  They will not reflect the schedules on your sailing.  Even during this cruise, entertainment has changed times and even dates.

In short, don’t rely on the ones posted here for YOUR cruise!

The paper dailies are handy to have.  If they want to save money they need to get rid of all of the filler that is stuffed inside the dailies. In our case after brief look at the filler, it goes immediately in the trash.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

8 minutes ago, seemoreroyals said:

The paper dailies are handy to have.  If they want to save money they need to get rid of all of the filler that is stuffed inside the dailies. In our case after brief look at the filler, it goes immediately in the trash.  

I agree.  I like the paper dailies too - in part, because I just like turning off my phone for everything but photos.  Maybe reducing them to one page with only the schedule, weather, port info.  A lot of the material stays the same each day, such as restaurant hours, etc.

But egad, those fillers are a complete waste and ridiculously repetitive!  And if nothing else, it would be good to have a spot to recycle them.

• Like 3

OK….must be me.  I prefer the dailies on my phone.  As an aside, my phone is on airplane mode.  So, no calls get through for the entirety of the cruise.

I think having them posted here won’t benefit much given entertainment schedules change from day to day, let alone cruise to cruise!

My Price is Right and Donna show schedules changed while on board. Fortunately, I can let the concierge know and he adjusts my specialty dinners accordingly.  But, of I were in a non-Haven cabin, I would  have to make those changes (if I could make those changes) myself and these dailies would be worthless!

But, it’s a cruise.  Do what makes you happy!

Edited by graphicguy
  • Like 4

22 minutes ago, DuckTollerFans said:

I agree.  I like the paper dailies too - in part, because I just like turning off my phone for everything but photos.  Maybe reducing them to one page with only the schedule, weather, port info.  A lot of the material stays the same each day, such as restaurant hours, etc.

But egad, those fillers are a complete waste and ridiculously repetitive!  And if nothing else, it would be good to have a spot to recycle them.

Like your idea of having a place to recycle the filler.  Maybe they have one somewhere on board.  

• Like 2

And, we’re in Cozumel!

I took a shower, nothing outside my window.  I come out of the shower and my old friend the Celebrity Apex is close enough to kiss. 

Was on her when she first set sail.  Beautiful ship and a great cruising experience

IMG_2835.jpeg

IMG_2838.jpeg

IMG_2836.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

OK….must be me.  I prefer the dailies on my phone.  As an aside, my phone is on airplane mode.  

I like them on my phone as well!  Big problem, though, is when they DON'T update properly--sometimes it isn't updated until the afternoon!  It would also be nice if they would post the menus in the main dining rooms (not a problem for Haven, but for us steerage people)--it's a PITB to go to the Manhattan room everyday just to look at the menu!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, tsahall01 said:

I like them on my phone as well!  Big problem, though, is when they DON'T update properly--sometimes it isn't updated until the afternoon!  It would also be nice if they would post the menus in the main dining rooms (not a problem for Haven, but for us steerage people)--it's a PITB to go to the Manhattan room everyday just to look at the menu!

I hate that they don't post the daily menus except at the restaurant. Did they used to be on our TVs in the room? I think I can remember looking at the menus on my TV to help decide where I was going to eat dinner.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Enjoying your cruise updates

And appreciate you posting the dailies.

From what I read-- there than "donna"- there are no other production shows... 

Hoping some of the better music/bands/duos etc stay on board til after the TA 😉

Edited by Fogfog

1 hour ago, graphicguy said:

If NCL wanted to save a little money, they should probably jus do away with the paper ones.

this would likely alienate many in their traditional core demographic, some of whom have not yet fully embraced technology or even if they have, would find it difficult to read the tiny type of the daily on a phone screen. the folks who have difficulty ordering in the indulge food hall... these are the same folks who might not understand how to access or read an e-daily.

38 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

I think having them posted here won’t benefit much given entertainment schedules change from day to day, let alone cruise to cruise!

i agree, but there are folks who relentlessly request the dailies of the cruise critic posters who have recently sailed. seems to have something to do with scheduling dinner around showtimes. but, as you point out, the schedule can fluctuate wildly. 

if you want to know when showtimes are, i can predict with great certainty that shows in the theatre will start sometime between 7 and 7:45, with a second show starting between 8 and 9:45. shows last between 60 minutes to 95 minutes, with your big broadway musicals topping out at 95 to 100 minutes. you're generally safe if you schedule dinner at 7:00 or earlier if you plan to see a late show. or schedule dinner at 8:45 or 9 if you want to see the early show. if you want to eat in a specialty restaurant and see a show in the same evening, and you're not a fan of taking advantage of the "early bird special" when dining, don't plan on going to bed before before 10:30 or 11.

entertainment scheduling is the same on every NCL ship. 

• Haha 3

Generally observing, every person on this cruise (with the exception of pre-schoolers…but even some of those) has an Android or iPhone. Many have a Chromebook or iPad of some sort.

Point being, using this technology should not be foreign to anyone.  Ordering from a tablet should not be confounding to anyone.

So, using their phones or tablets should not be an issues.  Moreover, it’s probably the most accurate way to plan and see what’s happening on the ship.

The dailies I post here will have little relevance for a cruise next month,  next summer, next fall, next year!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Generally observing, every person on this cruise (with the exception of pre-schoolers…but even some of those) has an Android or iPhone. Many have a Chromebook or iPad of some sort.

Point being, using this technology should not be foreign to anyone.  Ordering from a tablet should not be confounding to anyone.

So, using their phones or tablets should not be an issues.  Moreover, it’s probably the most accurate way to plan and see what’s happening on the ship.

The dailies I post here will have little relevance for a cruise next month,  next summer, next fall, next year!

Most of us have iphones and tablets.  At least some of us, dare I say most of us, like to have a physical copy of the dailes to carry around.  It is what we are used to. 

The dailes are helpful to those on future cruises.  Gives them some idea what to expect in terms of activities, dining options, whats going to go on in the theater, and overall a good starting point to plan their vacation.

Those of us that have recently or have already been on the Prima like to see the dailies posted to see if anything has changed since we were on.  IOW reminisce fond memories of our own cruise.  

Anyway, thanks for posting them.  Enjoy the rest of your cruise.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

So, using their phones or tablets should not be an issues.

i have a slightly different view.

you are correct, of course, in that most people have smart phones (except for the three onboard the getaway i saw last week with flip phones), but a heck of a lot of them use them only to take and make calls. some know how to use email. some text. but not everybody. my dear departed mother had an iphone, which was a brick unless somebody called her... if she remembered to charge it at all. she didn't purchase an iphone, mind you, we bought it for her.

that's what i mean when i say they haven't fully embraced technology... they may have a smart phone, but using a touch screen or retrieving a PDF document or pinching and squeezing to enlarge a document is beyond their ken, or - for some - their arthritic hands.

there is also a matter of trust... certain members of a certain generation are inherently distrustful of electronic communication. it isn't "real" if they can't hold it in their hands. these are the same folks who get their bank statements and their quarterly investment statements via snail mail, rather than email. and insist on printing out their edocs, "just in case," even though you can pull them up on your phone or even just download a photo of the bar code, if you're concerned about cell or wifi service at the pier.

Edited by UKstages
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, UKstages said:

i have a slightly different view.

you are correct, of course, in that most people have smart phones (except for the three onboard the getaway i saw last week with flip phones), but a heck of a lot of them use them only to take and make calls. some know how to use email. some text. but not everybody. my dear departed mother had an iphone, which was a brick unless somebody called her... if she remembered to charge it at all. she didn't purchase an iphone, mind you, we bought it for her.

that's what i mean when i say they haven't fully embraced technology... they may have a smart phone, but using a touch screen or retrieving a PDF document or pinching and squeezing to enlarge a document is beyond their ken, or - for some - their arthritic hands.

there is also a matter of trust... certain members of a certain generation are inherently distrustful of electronic communication. it isn't "real" if they can't hold it in their hands. these are the same folks who get their bank statements and their quarterly investment statements via snail mail, rather than email. and insist on printing out their edocs, "just in case," even though you can pull them up on your phone or even just download a photo of the bar code, if you're concerned about cell or wifi service at the pier.

Funny story!  My sister, bless her heart (meant in a nice way), is a retired college professor with a PhD.  She has little problems with computers, but when it comes to ordering off of a tablet, she is utterly lost!!  We were in a Panera with order tablets--I had placed my order, paid for it, and was awaiting my order.  My sister was shaking her head, clearing things from the tablet, and having an awful time--I tried to help her, but she gave up and just went to the line for the cashier!!  It may be that I have an extensive restaurant background and placing even difficult orders is a no brainer for me!  LOL!  BTW--my sister is only 5 years older than me!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

20 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Just about anything you need to know will be on your cabin TV.

IMG_2844.jpeg

It would be nice if all the ships had great TV set-ups like this!!  On the Jade, we couldn't even access our account--we had to do it on the app.  BTW, did dining have menus for the MDR?

• Like 3