Regal Princess $80 package

beshears

At this point, it looks like I will probably get the $80 package per day. My question if you know. I do some alcohol, but not much. In the place of the regular alcohol drinks, can I ask for the virgin instead, or does it have to be soda instead? Also, do I understand with this package there are ONLY 3 8 x 10 pictures they print, as the picture package, but we are able to pick the 3 we want printed off, correct?

1 hour ago, beshears said:

At this point, it looks like I will probably get the $80 package per day. My question if you know. I do some alcohol, but not much. In the place of the regular alcohol drinks, can I ask for the virgin instead, or does it have to be soda instead? Also, do I understand with this package there are ONLY 3 8 x 10 pictures they print, as the picture package, but we are able to pick the 3 we want printed off, correct?

With the $80 Premier package, you can have unlimited ‘Virgin’ drinks and or soda. If you are not a big alcohol drinker, does it make sense to have the $80 premier instead of the $60 Plus? Will you get enough value paying $20/day more? Yes, with Premier you get the 2 specialty Dinners so for short cruises it usually makes sense if you were planning on going to Specialty dining. Do you think you will order many alcohol drinks over the $15 limit for plus? There is the possibility of winning a Princess prize having Premier, but you can decide if this is an amenity of value.

I believe the photo studio on Royal class ships (I believe you will be on the Regal? )no longer print photos for viewing. You can view your photos thru the Medallion APP on your own device or go to the photo studio and use one of the monitors there to view your photos. You can also do some customization like cropping, rotating, different filters, etc. ask one of the photographers to show you the various options. There is no charge for customizing. You can then select 3 pictures to be printed as part of the package and of course have additional photos printed for a fee. You will also be able to get a digital download of every photo.

Some ships will supply a flash/usb drive and some ships will ask you to purchase a flash drive. You can also download to a phone or tablet which is what most of the ship’s photographers will suggest, on the Discovery and Emerald last year, they provided a complimentary flash drive. Last month on the Sapphire, I was told if I wanted my pictures downloaded to a flash drive, I would need to purchase one, I had the premier package in all of these cases.

Unlimited non alcoholic beverages including mocktails, soda, bottled water, brewed coffee, coffee/espresso drinks and so on. It's the same for the plus fare as the premier fare. Is the $20/per person/per day additional over the plus fare worth it? I would re-do the math.

• Like 2

if not a big drinker and do not have to have top shelf alcohol, to me personally it wouldn't be worth getting Premier over Plus.

Heck, we don't even get Plus because we do not drink more than maybe one alcoholic drink a day, and we usually have a little OBC which covers my guilty pleasure of specialty coffees (iced) at International Cafe and then some. We get the Classic Soda package for the kid, which includes sodas and mocktails and it's more than enough for him.

• Like 3

I'm all for the Premier package!  I love having all the casual dining now included (hello sushi!) 2 specialty dinners included (yum).  The chance to win a free cruise through Door Prizes.  And I've really enjoyed the photo package.  On my last cruise, I really hammed it up a lot with the photos.  Got some with friends.  I was able to download all of them but I did actually select 3 printed photos.  I just went to the photo counter, told them which ones I wanted, went to dinner, then picked them up after.  Super easy! If you wait until the last day, just give yourself enough time for them to print them although the Regal did have some preprinted, they weren't the ones I wanted.  Enjoy!

• Like 1

Exploringtheglobe, in regard to getting the 3 pictures, even though they really were not the ones that you wanted. What is the best way to choose ONLY 3 pictures to be printed? Just checking every day to see how the pictures they day/night before turned out? Can you pick out one or two, and then maybe a day later pick out the 3rd one? Do you know how that works?

Wallyj, thank you for your information. Yes I felt that since I really do very little alcohol, that I really didn't need the Premier package. After my son started naming everything that was including, and what might not be included, I figured it would be for the best. Another reason, since there will be 7 others, and they are eating at the specialty restaurant, I "don't" want to be left out, if you get my drift? 🙂 There are a couple things that are included, but I don't plan to use them, but I think it will be fine.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, beshears said:

Exploringtheglobe, in regard to getting the 3 pictures, even though they really were not the ones that you wanted. What is the best way to choose ONLY 3 pictures to be printed? Just checking every day to see how the pictures they day/night before turned out? Can you pick out one or two, and then maybe a day later pick out the 3rd one? Do you know how that works?

I suggest checking your pictures everyday about mid morning the day after you take photos as they should be uploaded by then. When you login to your pictures, you have the ability to ‘like’ specific ones so in future viewings,  you will have narrowed down your choices to your ‘liked’ photos, saving time for final review of which 3 you will finally choose to ‘print’. The system will allow you to just display your ‘liked’ choices, which should make final selection easier. 

Checking frequently will also insure all your photos are ‘found’ as sometimes the photo studio needs to manually ‘add’ photos to your portfolio. I have friends currently on the Sapphire and they are finding the system is not loading all of the previous nights photos into their profile, so it is easier to remember the next day hey that ‘xxx’  background photos we took are missing.

Remember to ask the photographers for advice about customization you can do to the photos such as rotating, cropping, zooming in, filters , etc. You are not limited to the framing as presented and there is no additional charge to customize.

On 1/5/2024 at 1:26 AM, beshears said:

I downloaded them daily to my phone to decide which ones I liked the best.  I decided to wait until the last day so I could see all of them before I decided on the 3 I really wanted.  For me, it was really easy.  The pics that were just me, I only wanted digital.  The pics I selected had more meaning to me, such as one was with one of my good friends and we were enjoying some wine together. And the one with the Captain was a must! Then I worked with one of the attendants to get the photos just as I wanted.  For example, the photo with the Captain I had them put a border around it that said something like Captain's Circle Party or something like that.  And one of them was when I got off the ship at a port so I had them put the border with the name of the port on it.  I do not know how it works if you pick up one one day and want another later but I suspect they can see in your account how many you have picked up already. 

• Like 1