Applying for shareholder onboard credit.

EM35

4 minutes ago, Bin man said:

Thankyou for information will get there eventually. At the moment I am waiting to see if they have approved my share certificate a few weeks away from payment for May cruise so no panic yet.Will keep everyone upto date on how it's going 

Good luck! P and O should keep the avenue open to apply directly for those experiencing difficulties!

6 minutes ago, Gettingwarmer said:

Everyone note as above the dates are in the American way i.e the above was requested on 8th January 

Yes, when entering the date of my cruise which is 17th March it wouldn't accept the date, I then realised that I had to enter month first and then day!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sheila127 said:

Stockperks, once ownership is verified, contact P and O and request OBC.  Stockperks will respond within 5 days to confirm OBC applied.  You can also see on the Stockperks app the progress!

But what about future cruises, who provides the validation docs, you or stockperks?

56 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

But what about future cruises, who provides the validation docs, you or stockperks?

I am going on another cruise in September so I am assuming that I would need too provide updated proof of ownership and follow the same process.  Possibly the document already provided may suffice but will only find out when I reapply for OBC in June!  I am only guessing and taking one step or one cruise at a time!  Why does P and O have to make it so complicated?

24 minutes ago, Sheila127 said:

I am going on another cruise in September so I am assuming that I would need too provide updated proof of ownership and follow the same process.  Possibly the document already provided may suffice but will only find out when I reapply for OBC in June!  I am only guessing and taking one step or one cruise at a time!  Why does P and O have to make it so complicated?

I wondered about this, I think Stockperks must check because if I was to put in another application for OBC I would be uploading exactly the same document which I have had for 20 years or so. This would be the same as me emailing my Equiniti reference number which I have done with all the Carnival lines I have cruise with. I do agree that this is more of a complication but I think we will get into it.

As promised an update on post #31 following my application to P&O and getting an auto response acknowledging receipt and not hearing any more for a day, I thought that the email was to be dealt with by a human and all P&O had to do was check my certificate and shareholder numbers rather than peer at an image of a screenshot that had no doubt been cut, pasted and redacted and so P&O could quickly validate my claim. My hopes were dashed as I then received the instruction to apply via Stockperks.

I emailed the details that Stockperks had requested and attached a recent scan of my share certificate. I have received an email back,

Congratulations! Your request for an onboard credit for your upcoming cruise has been successfully submitted to P&O Cruises (UK).

We will be in touch with you in the next five (5) business days to either:

A.      Confirm that the credit has been applied to your cruise booking by P&O Cruises (UK); or

B.      Request for more information regarding your application.

Thank you for being a loyal CCL shareholder and a member of Stockperks!

I assume they are happy that I am currently a shareholder something that Carnival UK could have done with a dozen key depressions. And in the fullness of time P&O will issue me or my TA with a revised booking confirmation showing the extra OBC.

4 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

I wondered about this, I think Stockperks must check because if I was to put in another application for OBC I would be uploading exactly the same document which I have had for 20 years or so. This would be the same as me emailing my Equiniti reference number which I have done with all the Carnival lines I have cruise with. I do agree that this is more of a complication but I think we will get into it.

That's OK  if you have a certificate, which presumably can be checked by stockperks or Carnival from the shareholder record, however if you hold them via a broker, then unless stockperks access your current data from your broker, how will  they know you still hold the shares?

7 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

That's OK  if you have a certificate, which presumably can be checked by stockperks or Carnival from the shareholder record, however if you hold them via a broker, then unless stockperks access your current data from your broker, how will  they know you still hold the shares?

In the words of Mavis "I don't really know" as I have never used that route, but assume whatever you send to Carnival you will upload to Stockperks and they will do the rest.

7 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

I am in this position as I don't have a share certificate.  I am assuming that every time I apply for OBC I will need to upload a current statement showing ownership of the shares. I can do this as I can download a copy of my share status from my stockbroker but appreciate some people may find this more difficult!

On 1/4/2024 at 6:38 PM, molecrochip said:

Not cost cutting… it’s try to stop people who buy shares, claim credit and then dispose of their shares way before their cruise.

If you were of that mindset then with the verification method used in the past it would not have been hard to provide the proof without ever needing to own the shares (obviously I am not going to say how), so it is no wonder that Carnival is updating the checks.

3 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

In the words of Mavis "I don't really know" as I have never used that route, but assume whatever you send to Carnival you will upload to Stockperks and they will do the rest.

I don't send anything to Carnival, I request my broker to do that, and that is mainly because my brokers App and website, ii, seems to have no facility to print off a statement with all the necessary data.

Anyway my next cruise in March already has the shareholder OBC, done by the old system in December. So the test will come next month when I will have to apply for my Sky Princess cruise in May. 

1 hour ago, 9265359 said:

If you were of that mindset then with the verification method used in the past it would not have been hard to provide the proof without ever needing to own the shares (obviously I am not going to say how), so it is no wonder that Carnival is updating the checks.

Exactly,

That is what I was eluding to.:-

"all P&O had to do was check my certificate and shareholder numbers rather than peer at an image of a screenshot that had no doubt been cut, pasted and redacted"

It will be interesting to see how the new system works for passengers who have shares held by HBOS companies. In the past, HBOS have refused to pass on information of shareholding to third parties claiming it was an against GDPR (cynical me thought they just didn’t want the hassle.) To get your obc you had to send a screenshot as mentioned above. Having said that I have another holding with a perk and for the first time in many years I got the perk without applying for it so perhaps HBOS companies have had a change of heart. 

On 1/10/2024 at 12:19 PM, Ranchi said:

It will be interesting to see how the new system works for passengers who have shares held by HBOS companies. In the past, HBOS have refused to pass on information of shareholding to third parties claiming it was an against GDPR (cynical me thought they just didn’t want the hassle.) 

Maybe that was the case in the past but iWeb (www.iweb-sharedealing.co.uk) which I use to hold my investments and is an HBOS company (their systems are identical to the Halifax systems but the charges are far better) was more than happy last November to send me by post a letter confirming ownership of Carnival shares to obtain shareholder benefits.

• Thanks 1

On 1/4/2024 at 6:38 PM, molecrochip said:

Not cost cutting… it’s try to stop people who buy shares, claim credit and then dispose of their shares way before their cruise.

Surely P&O only need to revert back to not applying share credit until the balance for the cruise is paid. 

Update on stockperks .iJust had email confirming acceptance of photo I sent them of my share certificate from 2011.So guess once I have payed the  balance 

5 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

Surely P&O only need to revert back to not applying share credit until the balance for the cruise is paid. 

• Like 2

I have started so I will finish so guess once I have payed the balance I will apply via stockperks and see what happens .Notice the screen has changed to start my claim for the perk for P and O 

Sent details to stockperks on 4 Jan and approved 8 Jan. Applied for OBC for cruise on 8 Jan and had confirmation today it has been applied. Also received new Booking Confirmation with OBC from P&O. 

Edited by Gettingwarmer
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gettingwarmer said:

Sent details to stockperks on 4 Jan and approved 8 Jan. Applied for OBC for cruise on 8 Jan and had confirmation today it has been applied. Also received new Booking Confirmation with OBC from P&O. 

Good to know.  I applied for OBC on 8th January and am waiting for confirmation it has been applied so hopefully maybe today/tomorrow.

2 hours ago, Sheila127 said:

Good to know.  I applied for OBC on 8th January and am waiting for confirmation it has been applied so hopefully maybe today/tomorrow.

OBC confirmed! Yeh!!!!!!

• Like 3

Just reporting back, as I can see others have done already. 

Sent my initial request for OBC to P&O shareholder address on January 3rd. 

Received the reply to apply via Stockperks on January 4th, which I did on the same day. 

I received confirmation from Stockperks on January 8th to say they had accepted the screenshot of my share ownership and I then had to go back in the app to apply for the OBC by adding my details and the cruise reference number, 

Have received a reply today (January 12th) to say that my OBC has been credited and an updated booking confirmation from P&O. 

So overall it has taken just over a week. I was a little worried as the Stockperks app does say applications need to be done at least 4 weeks in advanced and I was cutting it a little fine for my 9th February cruise  but fortunately it all seems to have worked out. I assume when I apply for my next cruise, which is at the end of March, the process will be even shorter as I will be able to use the same share proof but will feedback on that when I apply in the next week or so. 

Thank you to everyone who has fed back on their experiences.  I can see that now the account has been set up it should be easier enough to apply using the app moving forward. I have always had to screenshot and redact my share proof so this has been no different for me but can see how it may add an extra layer of frustration for those who have had their brokers provide proof on their behalf. 

Edited by EM35
spelling error
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Gettingwarmer said:

Excellent news.

May I ask if you automatically received confirmation from P&O or did you have to ask P&O or Stockperks for it? If you received it automatically how long from receiving “Successful OBC application to Itinerary” did it take.

I received a “Successful OBC application to Itinerary” notification this morning and have asked Stockperks what happens next regards a revised booking confirmation and are awaiting their reply.