Beer in Classic package

Sailing on Reflection next month with Classic Beverage package. I know "beer under $10" is included, but can someone give me an idea of what this may be? Is it Bud/Miller class only or does this extend to a little more upscale variety, e.g., Ales or IPAs?  Just trying to get a sense of whether to upgrade. Happy with Bud/Miller at the pool, but sometimes a guy just wants to enjoy a hoppier beer.  Thanks for any advice. 

Posted (edited)

Heinekin red stripe and new castle are in....it's not a great selection...my advice, get friendly with a bartender via good tips and things might look up

Edited by shavdog
  • Like 2

You'd only have to pay the difference.  If it's just an occasional hoppier brew you desire it shouldn't break the bank.  Enjoy Reflection.  She's excellent. 

• Like 1

If you want a beer that’s actually met a hop, you either need the premium package or pay an upcharge per beer. Blue Moon is a premium beer and over the limit…

Oddly, looking at Craft Social on Equinox, Dogfish 90 is $15 and Grosch is $17. Michelob Ultra is $8. Actually, Michelob Ultra and Sam Adams are the only beers on the Craft Social menu in the classic package. They do have the usual Bud and Bud Light in other venues. Beer isn’t necessarily a strong point for Celebrity. Probably never has been. 

Oh, to correct a previous post, Newcastle is also now $11. 

7 minutes ago, CruiseRQA said:

People are complaining about wine prices in the Retreat thread.   Wait until I tell them that a Michelob Ultra is 8 bucks. 

Cheaper than an MLB park…

1 hour ago, Wakepatrol said:

Old Milwaukee
Schlitz
Piels
Schaefer

Now those are the beers many of us grew up with in college. After the first, they all taste the same to me anyhow, especially with salty snacks.

Don't expect to have the entire list of premium beers in stock. I'm an IPA drinker and the Infinity only had a few Lagunitas left on board (day 2) and none of the Dogfish Head. My husband likes the Leffe and they ran out of those halfway through our 12-day cruise. Also, I was unable to get any IPAs on my Edge cruise last year. I do wish Celebrity would improve their beer offering to include more craft-styles and IPAs - and actually have them in stock. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, keysey222 said:

Don't expect to have the entire list of premium beers in stock. I'm an IPA drinker and the Infinity only had a few Lagunitas left on board (day 2) and none of the Dogfish Head. My husband likes the Leffe and they ran out of those halfway through our 12-day cruise. Also, I was unable to get any IPAs on my Edge cruise last year. I do wish Celebrity would improve their beer offering to include more craft-styles and IPAs - and actually have them in stock. 

Agreed. I looked for Dogfish Head on several cruises and only found it on one. I did have a Goose Island IPA on a couple of occasions (not on the menu and suggested by a bartender after my first three requests were unavailable). Think it was a dollar above the classic level at the time.