Can't make up my mind on cabin type, can I have two bookings for same cruise

Eno

Have a cruise booked for April 2025 on the Sun in a cabana mini suite.  I really only want a mini suite but those are only available as a reserve, can't pick my cabin, and not available for 3 people.  I booked a Cabana mini suite on deck 11.  I would rather have a room where the sofa (sofa bed) was further from the bed and from videos looks like the closet space will be between the bed and the sofa.  While the cabana would be nice as a separate space for relaxing and TV.  Reserve works out to be about $500 or so more but is on deck 15.  Still mid ship but worried about motion.  As the deposit is only $100 per person and refundable thinking of making a second booking but don't know if it would cause issues.  

One thing to add, the cabana suite that I have is on deck 11 on the sphere part so no issues with people walking by as shown in another video on the site.

Posted (edited)

I do not think there should be any problem....   But, the way to know for sure is to either call Princess or your TA,..  You can go online and act like you are booking a different cabin... Easy to put it on hold...  If that works you should be good to go.

I believe I remember that we have had a cruise on hold, then our TA made a booking, and both were showing in our Princess account.  

But, things can change!

Edited by Wishing on a star

5 minutes ago, Wishing on a star said:

I do not think there should be any problem....   But, the way to know for sure is to either call Princess or your TA,..  You can go online and act like you are booking a different cabin... Easy to put it on hold...  If that works you should be good to go.

I believe I remember that we have had a cruise on hold, then our TA made a booking, and both were showing in our Princess account.  

But, things can change!

HOLD is gone.

I'm fine with putting down a deposit as it is refundable and then cancel the one I don't want as its not until April 2025.  Hard to decide when no one has been on this ship yet.  

5 minutes ago, Wishing on a star said:

Ohhh my!   I didn't know that 'Hold' was gone !

Yep, I found that out for myself this week. However, you can have two cabins booked for the same cruise.  I had noticed that the fare for our cruise had gone down in price last week and there was a cabin still in our category available.  I could not get Princess to re-fare.  I had to book the new one online, then later canceled the original booking.  

• Like 1

Perfect, think that is what I will do.  Since the deposit is refundable and only 100 per person then I can wait and choose once the ship has started sailing.

There is only one thing about double booking...

If there is a promo code offer that is unique, and once it is applied to a booking, it can't be applied again.

In that one case, when we and our TA both put a booking (hold) on a cruise..  They then told us that the special OBC offer that we had, was now 'used' and couldn't be applied.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Eno said:

Have a cruise booked for April 2025 on the Sun in a cabana mini suite.

Someone told me this recently when I was indecisive and needed to make a choice and it worked for me. It may for you too. It works because it jolts you out of focusing on the details, instead contentment with the big picture. You know more details about the cabins than you could possibly relate to us, so relating them isn't needed.

Take a coin, heads, the MiniSuite, tails the Cabana. Flip the coin. Are you happy with the toss? If not, pick the other. No? Well, it works for me.

Edited by mtnesterz

Yes preference was a regular mini suite but all are only guarantee rooms. Cabana is different but think I would rather just have a larger room for the three of us so forced into a reserve mini suite on deck 15. Worried about motion being that high up. Have a cruise this April on deck 12 so will know more how I handle the motion after that.  Has been 10 years since on a cruise always a mid ship balcony

2 hours ago, Eno said:

Yes preference was a regular mini suite but all are only guarantee rooms. Cabana is different but think I would rather just have a larger room for the three of us so forced into a reserve mini suite on deck 15. Worried about motion being that high up. Have a cruise this April on deck 12 so will know more how I handle the motion after that.  Has been 10 years since on a cruise always a mid ship balcony

We usually book Aloha deck aft and never really noticed movement.