LIVE MLK cruise on Freedom to Amber Cove & Grand Turk w/ ninjacat123 and family!!

1 minute ago, Indiansbaseball said:

Conquest class is my favorite and Red Frog is a fun place to spend time. Looking to book Freedom or another of this class soon ! Thanks for the review !

We really enjoyed the layout and felt it was well designed especially for Alchemy. Some ship designs (I’m looking at you , Magic) increase the congestion around Alchemy. So happy you enjoyed my review Indiansbaseball!!

On 1/8/2024 at 4:40 PM, ninjacat123 said:

Well hello cellfree!!  Nice to see you here if not at Alchemy (that was fun meeting you and your DH!) and I know you'll have a wonderful time on Celebration!! Thanks for following😻

Hello @ninjacat123, as it happened you and I did the “travel insurance” thing on the same day, we are getting to put ours to use. Today was embarkation day on Celebration, not happening, a little sad, well lots sad for husband, first time in over 40 cruises we had to cancel a cruise. After two visits to Emergency and two Surgeries, all since Tuesday, it’s only Sunday right, we are back home, all will eventually be good. Anyway, between your Live and @MeganGC1983’s Live and @sid_9169’s Live, I had a lot of entertaining reading to distract myself with as I (sometimes anxiously) sat and waited for the past five days. TMI, right, but wanted to thank you for your Live and the distraction it provided me, our paths passed in the past, perhaps again in the future.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, cellfree said:

Hello @ninjacat123, as it happened you and I did the “travel insurance” thing on the same day, we are getting to put ours to use. Today was embarkation day on Celebration, not happening, a little sad, well lots sad for husband, first time in over 40 cruises we had to cancel a cruise. After two visits to Emergency and two Surgeries, all since Tuesday, it’s only Sunday right, we are back home, all will eventually be good. Anyway, between your Live and @MeganGC1983’s Live and @sid_9169’s Live, I had a lot of entertaining reading to distract myself with as I (sometimes anxiously) sat and waited for the past five days. TMI, right, but wanted to thank you for your Live and the distraction it provided me, our paths passed in the past, perhaps again in the future.

I'm so sorry cellfree about the surgeries and everything. Please know I am praying for you and your husband for a quick and complete recovery and that you can reschedule your cruise soon!!  I'm glad we (us LIVE reviewers) could add a little levity to a difficult time. Our next cruise is on Pride to Bermuda.  Maybe we can meet at Alchemy again😻

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

I'm so sorry cellfree about the surgeries and everything. Please know I am praying for you and your husband for a quick and complete recovery and that you can reschedule your cruise soon!!  I'm glad we (us LIVE reviewers) could add a little levity to a difficult time. Our next cruise is on Pride to Bermuda.  Maybe we can meet at Alchemy again😻

Our next Carnival isn’t until 2025 when Venezia goes out of Port Canaveral. Do have MSC booked end of March, two months away, so trust timing will be good for us. Will fill in a few dates after our MSC cruise.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cellfree said:

Our next Carnival isn’t until 2025 when Venezia goes out of Port Canaveral. Do have MSC booked end of March, two months away, so trust timing will be good for us. Will fill in a few dates after our MSC cruise.

Yay!! I'm glad you have your MSC cruise coming up!!

23 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

I'm glad we (us LIVE reviewers) could add a little levity to a difficult time. 

Totally agree with @cellfree

We've been "grounded" since Thanksgiving - had to cancel our 2/3 Escape (NCL) cruise - we're finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel 🤞

Thank you @ninjacat123 and all the others I'm following on X, NCL, Princess.  Carnival was new for me but our kids were on your sailing and they had a great time! ❤️

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Tyskie said:

Totally agree with @cellfree

We've been "grounded" since Thanksgiving - had to cancel our 2/3 Escape (NCL) cruise - we're finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel 🤞

Thank you @ninjacat123 and all the others I'm following on X, NCL, Princess.  Carnival was new for me but our kids were on your sailing and they had a great time! ❤️

Thanks Tyskie and I’m so happy your kids had a fun cruise!! Looking forward to 2024 being a great year!!👍😁

47 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

@zaimor I'm working the next three days.  Do you want to post your email here and I'll email you to get your address and money info?  I should be able to post the model on Thursday👍

You can email me at ccforum at zaimor dot com. Let me know here when you send the email so I know it’s you and not someone else pretending (I work in cybersecurity 😉).

• Like 1

On 1/20/2024 at 9:59 AM, ninjacat123 said:

Our next family trip is Japan

That will be so fun - have you been before?  I took the Luminosa to Sydney last year and we had 5 stops in Japan, brand new for me.  I loved it.  We went to Tokyo Disney and that was great, even tho I'm not so much a Disney fan.  Carnival had some great excursions - finally got to see a beautiful Buddha in person.  Enjoy your trip!

image.thumb.png.755d8821f8d1b42bff6c129ae576d1c7.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, zaimor said:

You can email me at ccforum at zaimor dot com. Let me know here when you send the email so I know it’s you and not someone else pretending (I work in cybersecurity 😉).

I’m sending you an email from my new account 😁

12 minutes ago, cruisin*tigger said:

That will be so fun - have you been before?  I took the Luminosa to Sydney last year and we had 5 stops in Japan, brand new for me.  I loved it.  We went to Tokyo Disney and that was great, even tho I'm not so much a Disney fan.  Carnival had some great excursions - finally got to see a beautiful Buddha in person.  Enjoy your trip!

image.thumb.png.755d8821f8d1b42bff6c129ae576d1c7.png

We have never been to Japan. We are spending 3 days in Tokyo, take the bullet train to the Ghibli Park then onto Kyoto for 3 days. Back to Tokyo for a day then fly home. The pic you posted is awesome!! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the great review! We are going on the Freedom (same itinerary) in 3 weeks. I'm getting so excited! I'm a pretty experienced cruise, but new to Carnival, and we're taking a new cruiser with us...girl's trip! One thing I've been trying to find is if there are any theme nights? I know there's a formal night, anything else? Thanks again for all your good info and letting us all tag along on your cruise!

21 minutes ago, cruising_rocket_scientist said:

Thanks for the great review! We are going on the Freedom (same itinerary) in 3 weeks. I'm getting so excited! I'm a pretty experienced cruise, but new to Carnival, and we're taking a new cruiser with us...girl's trip! One thing I've been trying to find is if there are any theme nights? I know there's a formal night, anything else? Thanks again for all your good info and letting us all tag along on your cruise!

On our cruise there was a 80's Glow party (I brought cheap neon wigs for us, never made it on our heads🤣) and I think that was about it on theme parties.  There was one night with Silent Disco (it conflicted with something else so we didn't do it) but it is a lot of fun! No special theme outfit needed.  A Girls Cruise sounds great!! Remember that each legal adult is allowed to bring on board at embarkation a bottle of wine/champagne (in a carry on bag, do not put in portered luggage) and you can each bring on 12 cans of soda as well.  Thank you for reading my review and I'm glad it helped for your upcoming cruise!!  If you have other questions, ask away!!😸

Edited by ninjacat123

2 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

Yay!!! Love the display👍 When does the next ship model get to join?

Sometime later this year hopefully 🙂 Gonna give RCI a shot.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SenatorsFan said:

I'm all caught up and want to thank you  @ninjacat123 for taking us along on your latest cruise! 😻

My pleasure!!  I can't believe the next cruise for us is September to Bermuda (soooo excited, never been) which seems like forever to wait.  When is your next cruise, SenatorsFan?

16 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

My pleasure!!  I can't believe the next cruise for us is September to Bermuda (soooo excited, never been) which seems like forever to wait.  When is your next cruise, SenatorsFan?

We just returned from our Celebration B2B and in April we are doing an 11-night Southern Caribbean on NCL Jade with our oldest son and his wife! 67 days to go. 😻

• Like 1