Check In

stoddaj1

You can (and should) do all your online check tasks as soon as you book. You can add flight details (or any other incomplete tasks) later as it doesn't have to be completed in one sitting. 

You don't select arrival times, they're assigned to you.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

You can (and should) do all your online check tasks as soon as you book. You can add flight details (or any other incomplete tasks) later as it doesn't have to be completed in one sitting. 

You don't select arrival times, they're assigned to you.

Thank you. Just finished our check in but our boarding pass says "to be assigned" as our boarding time.  Guess we can go when we want?

7 minutes ago, stoddaj1 said:

Thank you. Just finished our check in but our boarding pass says "to be assigned" as our boarding time.  Guess we can go when we want?

It will show that until about 10 - 14 days before departure. That's also about when the barcode will show; you need the barcode to get on the ship. If you did a GTY (guarantee) you may not get a barcode and assigned a check in time and boarding group until closer to the 7 day mark.

• Thanks 1

I have a check in time for my Jan 24 cruise but not cabin assigned yet.  I know I can get on the ship just need to find someone to share a cabin with me.  I would prefer my own bedroom in the penthouse.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, stoddaj1 said:

No.  The time will be added later and may then change further.  My advice is to use the boarding pass on the app on your phone.  I boarded today and they definitely seemed to appreciate that over paper.  And those who had printed their boarding pass prematurely before they got their barcode had to go to a different, slower, line.

46 minutes ago, stoddaj1 said:

Is there a way to request an early boarding time?

No. They appear to be assigned randomly, without regard to Mariner status or if you're in a Neptune suite. 

To answer another question, just showing up whenever you want works in some ports, but not necessarily all. At Port Everglades, they don't seem to look at the time on the pass. They do pay attention to priority--4 and 5 star, Neptune/Pinnacle suites--and have a separate waiting area for priority and passengers who have arranged wheelchair assistance. They call assistance, then priority, then everyone else in order of arrival at the terminal, not order of the time on the boarding pass. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
14 minutes ago, Sea-n-Ease said:

Is there any reason to wait until closer to sail date before completing the online check-in tasks?

No. I complete whatever I can shortly after booking.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Sea-n-Ease said:

Is there any reason to wait until closer to sail date before completing the online check-in tasks?

I just did mine for a cruise I’m 22 days out from. I didn’t feel particularly stressed about doing it earlier, and I didn’t do it immediately after final payment, because I was still waiting for my new passport to come in. I don’t have a barcode or room assignment yet (opted for a guarantee on this one), so I’ll still have to wait to print out the luggage tags and boarding pass (which I always have a paper copy of in case something happens to my phone on the day of embarkation — I’m a worrywart like that).

6 hours ago, erdufylla said:

I don’t have a barcode or room assignment yet (opted for a guarantee on this one), so I’ll still have to wait to print out the luggage tags and boarding pass (which I always have a paper copy of in case something happens to my phone on the day of embarkation — I’m a worrywart like that).

You can print the luggage tags any time. They do not have a barcode.

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, Sea-n-Ease said:

If you print your boarding pass and luggage tags early, you are more likely to get an upgrade, since this will require you to reprint everything!  Just kidding of course, but it does seem to work that way.

Edited by DaveOKC
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Cruise Suzy said:

They have a GUAR fare with no room assignment. I guess they could write their deck and room in by hand later if they print the luggage tag now. Perhaps better to wait and do them both at the same time, unless of course they are using luggage forward which could get complicated without a room assignment. In any case Bon Voysge!

On 4/18/2024 at 6:41 AM, Cruise Suzy said:

There’s no point in printing it out early, though, since I don’t have a room assignment yet. And I’ll have access to a printer until a couple days before embarkation. Might as well just wait and print it all once the room assignment’s been made. 🙂