club orange

ghstudio

Here my experience with it - first your TA needs to call HAL to find out if club orange is available for your cruise. Then you pay deposit for the least expensive cabin in the category (let's say obstructed balcony grnty) and pick any balcony cabin available. Please note that Club Orange will need to be paid at this point together with deposit. I'm not sure what the process is after you book the cabin and want to add Club Orange.

Edited by GeorgeL
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, ghstudio said:

Can I book "we pick the room" and then get club orange? or do I have to pick a room which costs more?

Simple answer...yes. And it doesn't matter if you use a TA. If you prefer, you can call and book CO...or let your TA do it. I've done it both ways.

5 hours ago, ghstudio said:

Can I book "we pick the room" and then get club orange? or do I have to pick a room which costs more?

Obtaining Club Orange

If your plan is to upgrade to a better room in the same category:

• Determine if your preferred stateroom in the same category is available.
  • Select the cheapest numbered or guaranteed stateroom, in the same category.
  • Pay the required deposit, and obtain a booking number. 
  • With a copy of the ship deck plan at hand, call Ships Inventory (1-888-628-8107 or 206-626-7381), provide your booking #, choose your preferred stateroom, and pay the Club Orange fee with your credit card.

If you are not pursuing an upgrade and are happy with your stateroom.  With a copy of the ship deck plan at hand, call Ships Inventory (1-888-628-8107 or 206-626-7381), provide your booking #, and pay the Club Orange fee with your credit card.

Edited by Crew News
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, GeorgeL said:

Please note that Club Orange will need to be paid at this point together with deposit.

This appears to no longer be true.  I booked a cruise, last week, with my PCC and added CO.  When she told me the deposit would be $350, I was a bit surprised.  I asked if I needed to pay for the CO along with the deposit, she said No. 

The cruise I am taking next month required the CO be paid with the deposit - booked with the same PCC..  

1 hour ago, KAKcruiser said:

My understanding was that Club Orange had to be paid when an upgraded cabin was assigned.

That was my understanding too -- apparently, that is no longer the case.  I specifically said that to my PCC.  I got my upgrade, the Club Orange Pass is listed on my confirmation and I didn't pay for it yet.

8 hours ago, Bocker3 said:

This appears to no longer be true.  I booked a cruise, last week, with my PCC and added CO.  When she told me the deposit would be $350, I was a bit surprised.  I asked if I needed to pay for the CO along with the deposit, she said No. 

The cruise I am taking next month required the CO be paid with the deposit - booked with the same PCC..  

As I understand it, you don't have to pay for CO when you make your booking but you do have to pay for it before you can avail yourself of the cabin upgrade.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Toofarfromthesea said:

As I understand it, you don't have to pay for CO when you make your booking but you do have to pay for it before you can avail yourself of the cabin upgrade.

I had to pay as soon as I booked my Rotterdam cruise and I kept the cabin I had.  I was far from final payment.  

• Like 1