Bringing soda onboard

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

could somebody please tell me what the official policy on bringing sodas onboard is? It is not in the FAQ section on X website.

Can we bring a 12 pack per person? Carry-on or suitcase?

https://www.celebritycruises.com/int/faqs/faq-fragments/enjoying-your-cruise-fragments/beverage-packages

"On embarkation day only, guests are welcome to bring on any non-alcoholic beverages. They are limited to what can be hand-carried onboard by each individual."

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

could somebody please tell me what the official policy on bringing sodas onboard is? It is not in the FAQ section on X website.

Can we bring a 12 pack per person? Carry-on or suitcase?

The best thing to do is call up, and ask your specific questions.  Hopefully you will get your answer.  Folks have written that they put a luggage tag on the case of water, soda etc..As far as how much you are able to bring of those items, is a good question to ask, as many others would like to know...  

• Like 2

While I can’t speak to what happens at other piers, at Pier 91 in Seattle, I have never seen of heard of a passenger being told that they could not bring all their canned soda on.  This includes Carnival passengers who have arrived with multiple 12 packs of canned soda in collapsable utility wagons, and stacked in baby carriages ( Carnival passengers carry on the most soda of all the lines that sail out of Pier 91).

On 2/2/2024 at 4:42 PM, alexandria said:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/int/faqs/faq-fragments/enjoying-your-cruise-fragments/beverage-packages

"On embarkation day only, guests are welcome to bring on any non-alcoholic beverages. They are limited to what can be hand-carried onboard by each individual."

Crikey, only embarkation day.  I thought soft drinks were allowed to brought on at Ports as well. I drink at least 8 litres of water a day, 4 large bottles and my last cruise on P&O would buy that each day in port. 

So, I have the premium drinks package when we sail in September, so is there big bottles of water we can have and take back to the cabin?

Bring your soda, put a cabin  tag on it and give it to the porter with your luggage

We do this all the time with twelve packs of seltzer 

Never had an issue 😊

1 hour ago, Adowsett said:

Crikey, only embarkation day.  I thought soft drinks were allowed to brought on at Ports as well. I drink at least 8 litres of water a day, 4 large bottles and my last cruise on P&O would buy that each day in port. 

So, I have the premium drinks package when we sail in September, so is there big bottles of water we can have and take back to the cabin?

You can get as much bottle/ can water as you want from the bar to take to your cabin

Tap water in the ship is just as good 

• Like 2

I carried a case of soda on recently with no questions asked.  It was a good workout for the arms as it got a little heavy towards later in the journey to the room cabin.

@Adowsett I never had trouble bringing bottles of water back on at visited ports. Today was our last Reflection stop, in Curacao, and although the cruise ends Sunday Security just looked at my 375 ml bottle of Blue Curacao Triple Sec when I put it in the scanner basket. No one was disallowing or seizing anything being brought on.  (In my room now, but won't open it until we need it at home.)

You can also carry a 1 liter insulated hot/cold bottle with you, fill it up periodically at restaurants on shore, and fill it in the buffet (use a glass to do it). They haven't looked at ours at any of our 3 stops.

As to soda, we brought (okay, I brought) a cooler backpack on board with 14 cans of ginger ale and 6 bottles of water. Through the scanner, no inspection. (Wife only has had 2. Glad we...I mean "I" again...carried all that weight!)

Edited by mayleeman
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, lara h said:

If you do bring soda onboard are you permitted to take it to drink in the dining room/s without charge?

Dunno about MDR. We took it to buffet with no problem.

Soda brought on board is not subject to a corking fee so I am sure there is no reason to not take it to MDR. I think bars have cans, so how would they know?

7 hours ago, lara h said:

If you do bring soda onboard are you permitted to take it to drink in the dining room/s without charge?

how would they know where you got it?

You could have just purchased it from the bar down the deck.

Since we are staying in a hotel across from Publix this time, we are planning on bringing 3 12-packs of soda with us - that's 1.5 cans pppd.