Boarding with Club Orange?

msteries

I just checked in for my February 16 cruise, and note that my boarding pass doesn’t mention priority or Club Orange.  I thought I read somewhere that there is a priority checkin line for Club Orange in FtL…. is that true?

20 minutes ago, msteries said:

I just checked in for my February 16 cruise, and note that my boarding pass doesn’t mention priority or Club Orange.  I thought I read somewhere that there is a priority checkin line for Club Orange in FtL…. is that true?

Yes, CO gets priority.  When you get to the check in lines you will see signage for 4,5* Mariners, Neptune Suites and Club Orange.

Your boarding pass will change several times before you sail.  it is not valid until the bar code is on it (usually 3 days to a week out IME).  The one you are looking at is only a preliminary.

3 minutes ago, kazu said:

Yes, CO gets priority.  When you get to the check in lines you will see signage for 4,5* Mariners, Neptune Suites and Club Orange.

Your boarding pass will change several times before you sail.  it is not valid until the bar code is on it (usually 3 days to a week out IME).  The one you are looking at is only a preliminary.

Just to be clear - I need to print something else closer to the cruise even though HAL system bugged me to check in a few days ago?  Thanks for helping.  First HAL cruise in a number of years, and I must say, website and Navigator app really screwed up compared to Celebrity.

15 minutes ago, msteries said:

Just to be clear - I need to print something else closer to the cruise even though HAL system bugged me to check in a few days ago?  Thanks for helping.  First HAL cruise in a number of years, and I must say, website and Navigator app really screwed up compared to Celebrity.

Yes - you need to wait until there is a bar code on your boarding pass.  You can print it or take a screen shot and use that.  either works.  

• Like 1

We are on the Feb. 4th sailing in Club Orange.  Our boarding passes do show priority boarding and have since they first showed up.  Final passes are not available yet.  You may want to check your reservation confirmation to make sure it says Club Orange.  It is listed under special services right after the cancellation information

1 hour ago, msteries said:

Welcome back to HAL!

Yes you will get "nudged" to check in, which you can do any time after booking. The boarding pass you need will have a barcode on it even though you'll see a preliminary before then.

1 hour ago, kazu said:

I just checked mine for a cruise in two weeks. I have a bar code, but still no boarding time/group. Or do they leave that "to be assigned" since priority does not have to wait for assigned times? And is there any priority order within the ever-expanding priority groups? 

The boarding pass design has changed since my last HAL cruise a year ago. Can't miss that orange border!

Edited by 3rdGenCunarder

14 minutes ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

I just checked mine for a cruise in two weeks. I have a bar code, but still no boarding time/group. Or do they leave that "to be assigned" since priority does not have to wait for assigned times? And is there any priority order within the ever-expanding priority groups? 

The boarding pass design has changed since my last HAL cruise a year ago. Can't miss that orange border!

They assigned times to us.  If memory serves, we got a time with a bit less than 2 weeks out but then they got amended a couple of times to a final boarding time.  So be prepared for possibly a couple of emails and wait to print/screen shot it.

2 minutes ago, kazu said:

They assigned times to us.  If memory serves, we got a time with a bit less than 2 weeks out but then they got amended a couple of times to a final boarding time.  So be prepared for possibly a couple of emails and wait to print/screen shot it.

I just got the 15 day reminder email. All sorts of advice, like keep meds in your carryon, be sure you're at the airport 2 hours before your flight (domestic). One item I hadn't noticed before was to have the same credit card I used to set up my account. I've never had my card checked since they put check-in on the website. I did check-in so long ago that I had to go into the account to see which card I had given them.

I have to say, I like the new design. The "gate keepers" can't miss that orange border, and the 4-star logo is larger than it used to me. 

4 hours ago, msteries said:

I had Club Orange and my boarding pass said “priority” (or maybe because I’m 4*?). Here’s my boarding pass from last month:IMG_2493.thumb.jpeg.a2b46e370b8fd792e7dc9da6c2ae87b5.jpeg

Port Everglades Terminal 26:

IMG_8083.thumb.jpeg.57c3fca21636f68a171152658402dffd.jpeg

31 minutes ago, dobiemom said:

I had Club Orange and my boarding pass said “priority” (or maybe because I’m 4*?). Here’s my boarding pass from last month:IMG_2493.thumb.jpeg.a2b46e370b8fd792e7dc9da6c2ae87b5.jpeg

Port Everglades Terminal 26:

IMG_8083.thumb.jpeg.57c3fca21636f68a171152658402dffd.jpeg

Your boarding pass looks like mine. I thought the orange border might be like the orange stripe on the key card, for quick recognition. Wow, priority has its own door in FLL. Unfortunately, my cruise has been moved to Miami, where the staff will not be as familiar with HAL's way of doing things. 

Thanks for the information everyone.  I have my paid in full invoice that lists Club Orange correctly, so will bring that in case the boarding pass does not look like yours.  I am but a three-star…

5 hours ago, kazu said:

Yes - you need to wait until there is a bar code on your boarding pass.  You can print it or take a screen shot and use that.  either works.  

Or you can use the boarding pass image on the app, which is always the most up to date one.

• Like 1

I just looked again at @dobiemom's boarding pass and see that group A has a boarding time of 1:00. I just got my assignment, and it's group C 1:40, which means B is 1:20 and A is 1:00. Have they really starting boarding this late with a 4:00 departure? Or is it still the usual random assignment of times nobody looks at?

I know this may not be the final time/group. They say not to print anything before 7 days out. 

New question--has anyone boarded a HAL cruise in Miami? For some unknown reason, maybe crowding at FLL, Zaandam has had a few cruises moved to Miami. I had planned to show up around 11:30 as I usually do in FLL. Most people are through check-in and in the waiting area, so I can check in quickly and go upstairs to wait with the priority group. Last time it was perfect--I stepped off the escalator just as the other priority passengers were walking onto the gangway. 

6 minutes ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

I just looked again at @dobiemom's boarding pass and see that group A has a boarding time of 1:00. I just got my assignment, and it's group C 1:40, which means B is 1:20 and A is 1:00. Have they really starting boarding this late with a 4:00 departure? Or is it still the usual random assignment of times nobody looks at?

Our sailing was the first after the NS returned from Europe so they were anticipating Coast Guard inspections, health inspections, crew immigration, etc. 

Edited by dobiemom

1 minute ago, dobiemom said:

Our sailing was the first after the NS returned from Europe so they were anticipating Coast Guard inspections, health inspections, crew immigration, etc. 

Hmm, this is the first time Zaandam will be in Miami, coming from a Panama Canal cruise. But she will have been in San Diego and Fort Lauderdale in January before Miami, so I don't think the return-to-US inspections would be needed.

• Like 1