LIVE!!! ICON OF THE SEAS INAUGURAL

20 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I didn't realize until a little while ago that tonight is Lobster night 😋  in MDR

Unfortunately, there was no lobster in CK last night. He said it was because they have something with lobster in it every night. Last night it was lobster mac and cheese. It was really good.

• Like 8

14 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

How was the lobster salad?

It was very good. The lobster chunks were very tender and not rubbery. This time there were slivers of pineapple while on other ships it was in chunks. I like the bigger chunks better.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Unfortunately, there was no lobster in CK last night. He said it was because they have something with lobster in it every night. Last night it was lobster mac and cheese. It was really good.

I would love some good lobster Mac & Cheese.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

Great pics of the upper decks. Looks nice but seems to be very few places in the sun to actually sunbath......🤔 Just lots of covered areas and "pay extra" sun beds.....

It would appear those pictures were taken in the morning when the sun was low.

Wizard of Oz-  Overall, I loved it.  It started out slow and I thought “this is boring” but then it picked up and it turned out to be a great show. They stuck to the traditional story but also had a few modern twist that made it fun.  The technology that was used for the production was amazing.  I was thinking during the show how they should replace CATS with this. 😆

IMG_7449.thumb.jpeg.3702bbee1ff900a8d019ecb96f8f3955.jpeg

IMG_7454.thumb.jpeg.54b6f1a27e4f559f40928442736cf981.jpeg

IMG_7459.thumb.jpeg.010d07f720edc2646944fed060bfedd4.jpeg

IMG_7460.thumb.jpeg.82f5a92aae566a4ea519833d526de7a9.jpeg

IMG_7465.thumb.jpeg.bdf71dbf8e7cc9e49411c64c97fe99d1.jpeg

IMG_7467.thumb.jpeg.df38039cbb3d4b1160b9c57fecc5d2fa.jpeg

IMG_7469.thumb.jpeg.167e068d46f18647316c3ff9200cbb00.jpeg

Day 2’s MDR menu

IMG_7473.thumb.jpeg.6e98a4959918666ce53424979b90dee8.jpeg

I wanted my drink to match the menu. They couldn’t make a blueberry martini so it was a blueberry mojito.  It was a huge tall glass.

IMG_7476.thumb.jpeg.4c6c15a25b2fb70682cfb7189689bd10.jpeg

IMG_7474.thumb.jpeg.8485b835380da08e3a75c5ee8cf598f9.jpeg

IMG_7477.thumb.jpeg.6f357f9f7f094e4a69047b386ef015b4.jpeg

IMG_7478.thumb.jpeg.e5d3d984390ed4d6562c3df0e4a29d2b.jpeg

• Like 18
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Alright,  I am going to have to ask, if it is boring to you why have you watched it so many times?  😆 

Because the movie was on TV at least a couple of times per year back in the olden days when there were only 5 channels including PBS.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, asomante said:

At what time are you supposed to watch WOZ if you have the late seating at 8:30pm?  3pm is the only option? 

We are also late diners. I sure hope they adjust the time to later for one of the shows to accommodate. I’ve run into this scheduling issue on other ships too. I remember having to eat a rushed meal/skip dessert & sprint to the other end of the ship to get a seat, or go to Windjammer. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

And I missed them saying  "And if I’m honest, I don’t really love it anyway."

Maybe they should go see Cats 🐈 😆 

HA! Yeah we all know about Cats on Oasis, which is my only Oasis class cruise anyway so yeah, I saw it. Before it was shortened.

The, err, ONE pic of the Oz performance, (thank you very much for just sharing just the ONE pic, by the way), does look stunning; gotta love a lot of lights and colors and talented dancers, and like Cats, it's more of a vehicle for a big spectacular song-and-dance revue than just a retelling of the story itself. I like the updated look with the steampunky / roboty stuff.

I suppose my prior comment about not going to watch Oz was just a big stupid lie in a moment of weakness or a bad mood or something, so please disregard, not that I can afford this ship anyway, and not that I have any cruises planned after Ovation in May, and not that I would avoid an Icon or Oasis class ship due to any particular stage show.  Much like I would not pick a Carnival ship based on the inclusion or exclusion of any Playlist show, not that there is any comparison there in the first place.

I am glad my little grumbly comment got everyone chuckling, shaking their heads, and putting me right back in my opinionated place where I belong, so thanks for the slice of humble pie.

• Like 11

5 hours ago, KmomChicago said:

All right, I am going to come right out and say it. Why Wizard of Oz? Seriously we love big productions and Broadway quality but this is an old show I have seen so many times. In other words (cough!) boring!  And if I’m honest, I don’t really love it anyway. I guess you have the option for some stunning visuals with the backgrounds but otherwise I would probably skip it, and we never skip the entertainment and particularly appreciate RCI quality in this area.

The ship was designed with families in mind, just look at the waterpark they put on the ship. No surprise the headline show would be something for kids.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Alright,  I am going to have to ask, if it is boring to you why have you watched it so many times?  😆 

I think it's like It's A Wonderful Life.  I've  watched that every year for about 60....and Oz for maybe 40 yrs and I'm 73, I can't wait to see Oz. Neither of those would ever bore me, just put me back in my glorious childhood days and let me sing all the songs right along! The puppet dog kinda bothers me, I wish they'd used a real puppet on wire from above instead of the guy scurrying around, or maybe just keep Toto in the basket throughout...but ya can't have everything.  I am not a Mama Mia fan, I watched it the first time and left in 20 minutes, watched the second time all the way through, that's enough for me.  Not a Cats fan either, but love real cats!...but it takes all kinds to make an interesting world, no problemo.

Edited by BecciBoo
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1