Le Petit Chef Menu

dalmoradie

My husband and I are cruising on the Equinox in February and looking to book Le Petit Chef.  Are they still serving the lobster and filet mignon set menu, or is that a thing of the past? Can anyone post a recent menu?  Thanks!

I also was on Reflection in December. (3rd – 9th) Le Petit Chef served Filet and Lobster on the last two nights of the cruise.  I had both when I was there, they are happy to serve them together as surf and turf with no up-charge. It seemed most of the other diners that I could see did this as well.

As far as Equinox, look at the current sailing for Equinox to see the menus.  

18 hours ago, dalmoradie said:

My husband and I are cruising on the Equinox in February and looking to book Le Petit Chef.  Are they still serving the lobster and filet mignon set menu, or is that a thing of the past? Can anyone post a recent menu?  Thanks!

We have been in LPC on 3 different ships in the last year and, based on our experience, each ship picks which of the 4 shows to offer each night.  I like the original menu the best,  but the graphics and show quality seem to be getting better with each new version.  I think you will need to see what is offered when you board.  

We’re heading for Solstice from Singapore to Sydney in March, and one meal we will be booking is LPC. On Eclipse last year we had the lobster and it was delicious, and I thought the steak was as good as Murano. 

25 minutes ago, serene56 said:

does this menu change each night?   and can you mix and  match from the different areas?    I may have to rethink this choice 

Not each night but I've read reports from past cruisers that said they had different menus the first half of the cruise versus the last half. Or it could change one week from the next if you have a longer cruise.

In our case, the animation was based on seasons of the year and seasons of life so for each course you could either have the first option for each season that were the dishes matching the animations or you could choose from "The Other Menu" option on the back. For example, for the first course, you could choose the spring pea soup or the crispy lamb and asparagus salad. However, you could then decide you'd rather have the slow roasted duck breast from the other menu instead of the crab farfalle pasta for the second course. Basically an either or situation for each course, just depends on what dish is more to your liking.

We ended up sticking with all the animation matching options simply because we liked the food options better. 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, serene56 said:

does this menu change each night?   and can you mix and  match from the different areas?    I may have to rethink this choice 

In past I saw them change menu a couple of times during the week , on last cruise in March on summit they had same menu each night . We really enjoyed it and went twice we normally switch between main and alternate menus . Will definitely do it multiple times in 2 months on next cruise.

11 minutes ago, George C said:

In past I saw them change menu a couple of times during the week , on last cruise in March on summit they had same menu each night . We really enjoyed it and went twice we normally switch between main and alternate menus . Will definitely do it multiple times in 2 months on next cruise.

kinda wonder if the menu i am seeing on the app is correct.   Looks nothing like what has been posted above 

There are several different versions. If there is one that you specifically want, I would suggest you see the maitre'd  (sp) when you board, and find out which menu will be served on which night.  

Regarding special requests (i.e. gluten), the whole dinner is choreographed and delicately timed. The only menu that matches the animation is the primary. They do offer the alternative items,  but those will not match the show.  

I think if you have more specific request than the two offerings, this might not be the restaurant for you. YMMV, of course. 

2 hours ago, serene56 said:

kinda wonder if the menu i am seeing on the app is correct.   Looks nothing like what has been posted above 

My last cruise had short ribs which was excellent. I will be eating there in 49 days but who’s counting, or maybe 50 normally do Luminae first night.

• Like 1

Have done LPC 3 times, First time, one menu, Second time 2 menus, filet and lobster. 3rd time, 2 menus--one being the amazing short ribs, dunno about lobster. On our last 3 cruises, they posted 2 menus including filet and fish (one them last week on the Silhouette was art styles, not seasons).

If you google Celebrity menus, a couple of folks post very current menus. Will try to find a link but again, may vary by ship.

Edited by sofietucker
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, HLR said:

What if you are sailing solo? Would you be seated with others at Le Petit Chef?

No, I did it recently and I was put on a table for 2 by myself

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lena11033 said:

No, I did it recently and I was put on a table for 2 by myself

Thanks!

Was it okay on your own? [One solo traveler to another....]

Howard