Buying a bottle of wine in port--specific to AUS/NZ/S Pacific area

KKB

I know in the Caribbean they are sticklers about confiscating every bottle of booze until the last day.

I have heard in Europe they don't worry about a single bottle (we found this on another line this summer).

Are they sticklers about this on Carnival in AUS/NZ/S Pacific?

Not trying to break any rules! Just trying to determine what drink/wine package makes the most sense!

Thanks!

Have you asked on the Australian Ports of Call boards?  I'm interested in finding out as well.  We loved our Europe cruise this past October and being able to bring on board wine and liquor made a big difference in our budget.

I know this is not an answer to your question at all.  But, just offering some general information for those going to this area.  Several of my favorite wines are produced in the Marlborough region of New Zealand.  When we ported there I expected to pick up some bargains on local wine.  I was expecting it to be like Italy where the local wine can be cheaper than water.  Nope.  I was very surprised to see that my favorites actually cost more in the place they are produced than in New York.  I can only surmise that they are heavily taxed in New Zealand.  

2 hours ago, Travelling2Some said:

I know this is not an answer to your question at all.  But, just offering some general information for those going to this area.  Several of my favorite wines are produced in the Marlborough region of New Zealand.  When we ported there I expected to pick up some bargains on local wine.  I was expecting it to be like Italy where the local wine can be cheaper than water.  Nope.  I was very surprised to see that my favorites actually cost more in the place they are produced than in New York.  I can only surmise that they are heavily taxed in New Zealand.  

My favs too--I would have never known!

5 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

Have you asked on the Australian Ports of Call boards?  I'm interested in finding out as well.  We loved our Europe cruise this past October and being able to bring on board wine and liquor made a big difference in our budget.

The word is that they will take it.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, jamscckmc said:

If you are on a BTB I wonder if you can get it and the end of the first cruise.

Hmmmmm GOOD QUESTION!

Edited by KKB

On 1/21/2024 at 8:38 PM, jamscckmc said:

If you are on a BTB I wonder if you can get it and the end of the first cruise.

NO, at least not according to Carnival's official policy.  Something might slip through the cracks from time to time, but I wouldn't count on it.