ATW 2026

no fuss travel

Thanks. I didn’t see it on those amenities on the top of each cruise offering one the itinerary and price page. Glad they didn’t cut those amenities out. I expected it to be more expensive since it was on Vista instead of Insignia.

18 minutes ago, grmmybtty said:

Thanks. I didn’t see it on those amenities on the top of each cruise offering one the itinerary and price page. Glad they didn’t cut those amenities out. I expected it to be more expensive since it was on Vista instead of Insignia.

Page 15 of the brochure also lists free 1st class RT air:

image.thumb.png.4f4c5bcc0a5f856221794022dd9c36d5.png

Also the ATW shoreside events are on p. 16 (no details though).

Edited by AMHuntFerry

They break down pricing with and without airfare.  It is a $1,700 difference.  Cheaper to book your own BUT if something happens like Covid situation in March 2020 where you are forced off the ship or departing from a far away different port, it maybe cheaper to go with Oceania on airfare as the flight changes are all covered. Consider it a flight change insurance policy that you are buying.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Regarding expenses and excursions, it depends on the person.  We don't normally spend extra for Oceania excursions (too expensive) or local guided excursions so the $8,800 excursion credit given is fine.  As for the Suez Canal, I am glad they put that on there.  If the situation in the Middle East doesn't improve, they will likely go around Africa like ATW 2024 (with 17 extra sea days and no compensation so far).  I think everybody that books this trip will have to accept that possibly in this day and age of cruising around the world.  For us, we are planning to go on this trip for the ship and not as much for the itinerary (as we have been to many of these ports) and because it could drastically change.

Looking at photos of a Vista balcony cabin, it doesn't look like there are too many metal walls to hang organizational things, much needed for a 180 day ATW cruise.  I see padded walls near the bed and tile in the bathroom.  Anyone know first hand where you can hang things?  I assume the ceiling is still metal for hooks?  

We used magnet clips on the wall around the mirror over the desk, on the entry walls (both sides) so plenty of space for magnets on a long cruise

The wall around the bathroom held magnets as well as the wall the television was on.  Use the stronger magnets that will take the weight.  We tested the walls when we were on the Vista as we were thinking about doing the ATW 2026 but will stay with the 2025 as it covers several areas that are on our wish list.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Acrusa said:

Just a heads up THERE ARE NO CLOCKS ON VISTA.So bring a reliable battery clock for your many time changes 

Correction - there are no clocks in the staterooms upon embarkation but you can ask your room steward/butler and they are happy to provide you one.  The same for sewing kits, etc.  

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, basor said:

Correction - there are no clocks in the staterooms upon embarkation but you can ask your room steward/butler and they are happy to provide you one.  The same for sewing kits, etc.  

Thats what i did took 2 days to get and it's not illuminated so u wake up at night have to turn a light on to. read it. Not like the old red faux leather clocks we had for 20 years and u never had to ask for one it was always  there 

Edited by Acrusa

23 minutes ago, Acrusa said:

Thats what i did took 2 days to get and it's not illuminated so u wake up at night have to turn a light on to. read it. Not like the old red faux leather clocks we had for 20 years and u never had to ask for one it was always  there 

We never had a red faux clock, we always had a brown wood clock but only been sailing with them since 2007.  We received the same brown wood clock on Vista and we tapped the top of the clock to turn on the illumination.  We now know that we need to ask for a clock when we arrive, if we want one...not a big deal.

• Like 2

On 2/28/2024 at 11:32 PM, AMHuntFerry said:

Page 15 of the brochure also lists free 1st class RT air:

image.thumb.png.4f4c5bcc0a5f856221794022dd9c36d5.png

Also the ATW shoreside events are on p. 16 (no details though).

Interesting at https://www.oceaniacruises.com/around-the-world-cruises/miami-to-miami-VIS260106J/?sr=%2Fspecial-offers%2F2026-around-the-world-cruise it says "FREE $8,800 simply MORE Shore Excursion Credit"

On 3/2/2024 at 12:07 PM, Travel Lady in CT said:

I snickered and assumed that was a cut and paste error as it matches the regular T&Cs.

19 minutes ago, Travel Lady in CT said:

???  Not sure what you mean.

O is not known for their fabulous website accuracy. I snickered because this type of error is common for O (i.e., I was snickering at O, not your post...sorry if that wasn't clear).

9 minutes ago, AMHuntFerry said:

O is not known for their fabulous website accuracy. I snickered because this type of error is common for O (i.e., I was snickering at O, not your post...sorry if that wasn't clear).

Ah, OK  Now I get it.  Thank you!