luggage brought onboard during embarkation

19 minutes ago, toxicfairy said:

The exception is if you purchased the Key. That program lets you dropmoff your carry on and they take it to your room for you.

Expanding on that, for Key program, there is a 25 pound weight limit.  I don’t know if it us enforced.

• Carry-on bag drop off with delivery to your stateroom. Carry-on luggage drop-off service is limited to two pieces per guest and can weigh no more than 25 pounds per carry-on.

1 hour ago, not-enough-cruising said:

No, you must hold onto your bags until rooms are announced “open”

Adding that when the "fire doors" to the hallways are opened by staff.

• Like 1

Thanks for the informative responses!

We were on Celebrity or HAL last year and I think on both of them we could go to our cabin and drop off stuff.  One cabin was ready and the other was not, but we did not have to lug our carry on stuff around.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, shipshape sam said:

Thanks for the informative responses!

We were on Celebrity or HAL last year and I think on both of them we could go to our cabin and drop off stuff.  One cabin was ready and the other was not, but we did not have to lug our carry on stuff around.  

Yes, but that was Celebrity and this is Royal Caribbean.

• Like 2

Also, from our experience if you are in a top 10ish room aka Star class, your Genie will either take you directly to your cabin when you board or will take your luggage if your cabin happens to not be ready yet.

15 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

Yes, but that was Celebrity and this is Royal Caribbean.

Yes, but I liked it and have no doubt that Royal Caribbean can do it if they choose to do.

Seriously, I was just pointing out that some cruise lines are offering that benefit.  May not be a feature/benefit that you would like or use.  

• Like 1

On 1/24/2024 at 1:11 PM, shipshape sam said:

Yes, but I liked it and have no doubt that Royal Caribbean can do it if they choose to do.

Seriously, I was just pointing out that some cruise lines are offering that benefit.  May not be a feature/benefit that you would like or use.  

And I was just pointing out that RC doesn't allow this.  Many of us know that other lines, including Celebrity, do allow it.  RC does not.  And that is what you asked.

• Like 3

Merion- Mom is correct in that Royal does not allow this.For one reason Royal has a lot more passengers and cabins than Celebrity and many others. Some people come on with a bag or two but many drag two or three thru the terminal, elevators and windjammer in addition to a big back pack that hits many of the other elevator passengers when they turn around.      Check your bags and give a porter the tip as just part of the vacation

• Like 2