AZ Onward: A Bottle Of Wine In Our Cabin

AZ-Landshark

July 2024 Ireland Intensive. I've scoured this thread and haven't found an answer to this question. We have the upgraded drinks package. We like to have a glass of wine on the balcony on occasion and wondered how it works if you want to get a bottle to share in the cabin. Can it be procured from a bar or ordered through room service? Maybe purchased in one of the shops?

Thanks!

Edited by AZ-Landshark
Spelling

8 hours ago, AZ-Landshark said:

July 2024 Ireland Intensive. I've scoured this thread and haven't found an answer to this question. We have the upgraded drinks package. We like to have a glass of wine on the balcony on occasion and wondered how it works if you want to get a bottle to share in the cabin. Can it be procured from a bar or ordered through room service? Maybe purchased in one of the shops?

Thanks!

You cannot order included wines via room service, but you can go to a bar and carry it yourself to your stateroom.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, AZ-Landshark said:

Thanks!

If you have the ultimate package, you can order drinks to be delivered to your stateroom, so you could order wine to be delivered.  You could purchase a bottle of wine through the sommelier and have in your room.  You could also order at one of the bars and carry it to your room.  We bring our own wine onboard; there would not be a corkage fee if you drink it in your stateroom.

• Like 2

First, we got off Onward on Nov 30, so we are pretty up to date. The mini fridge that never gets cold USED to contain mini bottles of liquor and the room came with two ancient, improperly stored half bottles of wine. All of that WAS chargeable. None was present in the fridge/area on the recent cruises. Next, there should be no problem ordering a bottle of wine from the bar for room delivery. It will be charged. And lastly, as mentioned, Azamara allows unlimited carry-on for in room consumption. If you have the space and the strength, that is probably your best option.

• Like 2

We were on the Onward last spring in a Club Continent Suite.  We were asked by our butler what bottle of liquor we wanted in our suite.  DH chose a bourbon, and it was delivered.  Later that cruise I decided I wanted a bottle of red wine in our room, our butler said he had to ask his boss.  I got a bottle of red wine.

We had purchased a drink package - one step up from included.  I am under the impression that the bottles brought by the butler were because of the category of our suite.

• Like 1

I requested Hendricks which we got.  We also got Fevertree tonics and ginger beer.  I also had a glass of champagne delivered with the afternoon canapés.  The butlers trolley had many glasses of champagne that he was delivering! 

• Like 1

On 1/25/2024 at 4:41 PM, Werangels said:

I requested Hendricks which we got.  We also got Fevertree tonics and ginger beer.  I also had a glass of champagne delivered with the afternoon canapés.  The butlers trolley had many glasses of champagne that he was delivering! 

Did you get the Hendricks because of an upgraded drink package?    I was told no last time I asked.  

7 hours ago, roberts2005 said:

Did you get the Hendricks because of an upgraded drink package?    I was told no last time I asked.  

I’m not sure.  We did have ultimate but it wasn’t mentioned and we only had the one bottle not two? 

7 hours ago, roberts2005 said:

I think the discussion has gone off topic from the original question and is now talking about liquor availability in suites. Which is fine, but doesn't answer the OP's question.

I think laurieb has given a good answer. If one has the upgraded package then you can get wine delivered by the glass. You may have an issue getting them to deliver a whole bottle though. Part of the issue is that not all occupants of a cabin need to have the drink package. If you both do then I can't see an issue.  Speak to a sommelier if there's a problem. 

Phil 

• Like 2