Share holder onboard credit

We have a 15 day prima cruise in April and using the shareholder credit for the first time.  Where can I see the $250 credit on my reservation?  I see other OBC in my summary but the shareholder is not there.  I submitted my paperwork by mail before Christmas. 

Thanks 

1 minute ago, skeeter195 said:

We have a 15 day prima cruise in April and using the shareholder credit for the first time.  Where can I see the $250 credit on my reservation?  I see other OBC in my summary but the shareholder is not there.  I submitted my paperwork by mail before Christmas. 

Thanks 

It shows up in the same place as your other OBC.

Did you receive a confirmation from NCL that they received your request and was applying the OBC?  If not, I would re-submit by e-mail instead of regular mail.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, skeeter195 said:

Just looked and I did not see a phone number so I just emailed them.  

You should receive an email response saying it was applied  and an updated Amenity Confirmation email when it applies along with it showing in your account. If you didn't receive other then something went wrong.

The last three times I've applied for it, it's been completed within a week.

I can see my $100 shareholder OBC for my February cruise online but I don't see the OBC my online travel agent has given me.  Does it not show up until on board?  I've printed out their confirmation but not sure if I should see it on NCL's documentation too.

2 minutes ago, BDL said:

I can see my $100 shareholder OBC for my February cruise online but I don't see the OBC my online travel agent has given me.  Does it not show up until on board?  I've printed out their confirmation but not sure if I should see it on NCL's documentation too.

It depends when they add it or what type. I have some from my travel agent that showed up about 2 weeks prior, but I don't see all of it yet. 

The shareholder credit appears on your Summary page at the top. Then when you scroll down to where the add-ons and options are listed, you will also see it there. In our case, $50 is credited to Mrs. Schmoopie and $50 is credited to me.

2 hours ago, skeeter195 said:

I submitted my paperwork by mail before Christmas. 

Wow...those carrier pigeons are really slow these days.

But seriously...We emailed our documentation and we received notification of the OBC a few days later.

Agree with others.  Why did you send it via snail-mail?  Email works great.  You get an immediate confirmation with a case number.  It’s never taken more than three days to get an email confirmation that the credit was applied and a new invoice showing it.  Also shows up in the online account.  

If it’s not showing up in your account, I would call them. Or resubmit it via email.

3 minutes ago, cruise777 said:

How far in advance of your cruise can you apply for shareholders credit ?

There is no minimum time.  Last week I applied for a cruise I’m doing in August and it was processed within two days.

5 hours ago, BDL said:

It depends. Sometimes, you will see it in your account a few weeks before sailing. Other times, it may not show up until you board. Either way, there is usually a card in your cabin on Day 1 letting you know about the credit. If you join the ship's wifi when you are in the terminal waiting to board, you can often check on your account via the app and see it there.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, skeeter195 said:

Just looked and I did not see a phone number so I just emailed them.  

Just email your request. Not a question about your prior request.  They normally process email request in 1-2 days.

Anything snail-mailed a month ago is lost. 

As others have said I would re-submit your application by email. I just submitted mine at 10.30am yesterday morning...received an instant confirmation with a reference number and received an email confirmation at 11.30pm last night that it was posted. Checked my account and there it was. Don't wait to call...resubmit.

21 hours ago, Pitzel said:

there is usually a card in your cabin on Day 1 letting you know about the credit.

Do you have a photo? I've never seen this.

If you join the ship's wifi when you are in the terminal waiting to board,

This has never worked for me.  Which terminal were you in?

If you join the ship's wifi when you are in the terminal waiting to board, you can often check on your account via the app and see it there.

Not always possible. Normally it is hard to impossible to connect to the ship's wifi from the terminal on land. And if you do, the vast majority of time, the ship has not switched over to your cruise (and has not switched over even after boarding starts),,, so you can't log on to the ship's wifi. 

8 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Not always possible. Normally it is hard to impossible to connect to the ship's wifi from the terminal on land. And if you do, the vast majority of time, the ship has not switched over to your cruise (and has not switched over even after boarding starts),,, so you can't log on to the ship's wifi. 

I have never had an issue, but YMMV. One could also connect once onboard…or just head to guest services to ask. 

41 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Do you have a photo? I've never seen this.

This has never worked for me.  Which terminal were you in?

I don’t have a photo, but we have gotten cards in our cabin on every sailing showing that we have OBC from our TA. It may have to do with how it is “purchased” or added to our account. 

As for the terminal, I have successfully connected to NCL, RCL, and DCL ship’s wifi when in the terminals at Miami, Tampa, Manhattan, and Seattle. I don’t think we tried when sailing from Vancouver or Ft. Lauderdale. In some cases, I have been able to grab reservations for activities from the app before I have even boarded the ship. 

On 1/24/2024 at 5:26 PM, cruise777 said:

How far in advance of your cruise can you apply for shareholders credit ?

I sent mine in for a cruise 2 years in the future and they posted it to the account 

How to get this Shareholder discount? Is there specific email address or phone number?

How much discount do you get? Number of shares or for how long you have them? Is this particular to NCL or all cruise lines?

A single 7 day cruise "costs" $1,722 in shares at market prices, and "yields" 5.8% in on board credits. Sign me up!

We won't tell them about the time when I shook the captains hand on the Breakaway at the captains reception, and the next day and bought put options on NCLH in February, 2020.

Edited by Seattle_Guy