Quick rundown on Room Service, charges and menu?

This is months out, but we have a cruise booked where we know we might consider having supper on our balcony.

We plan on checking out some of the Sun Princess specialty dining, and might not want to splurge to book Balcony Dinner.

We will have Plus, not Premium package.

Can anybody give me some quick info:  What are the current Room Service Menus like?

What would the fee be for Room Service Delivery?

Thanks for any info!

28 minutes ago, Wishing on a star said:

This is months out, but we have a cruise booked where we know we might consider having supper on our balcony.

We plan on checking out some of the Sun Princess specialty dining, and might not want to splurge to book Balcony Dinner.

We will have Plus, not Premium package.

Can anybody give me some quick info:  What are the current Room Service Menus like?

What would the fee be for Room Service Delivery?

Thanks for any info!

Plus and Premier Cruise Packages include room service delivery charges. So, zero charge for delivery. Most food items are complimentary, there are some charge items. Specialty dinner options are also available via room service during open hours, at a la carte pricing.

I don't have the current menu though, sorry. 

No current menu. The Sun Princess has not yet sailed. No experience on what they will offer. On other Princess ships passengers in full suites are able to order room service from the full DR menu. Assume it's the same on the Sun. Others can order items from a select menu. Many are no charge. Some have charges. Be aware of the layout of your cabin. Some cabins are lacking enough chairs and a table to comfortably dine in the cabin.

Room service meals can arrive warm, not hot. I personally am not a fan of room service for the evening meal. 

If you have one of the 2 packages, you can order from the Oceans Now menu on the app. You can google "Oceans Now Menu" to get an idea of what's available. We've had leftover OBC and ordered items from the Crown Grill to see how it would be delivered. As stated above, the food arrived warm but not hot. If you don't have a package, then it's a $5 charge to order from "room service" over the phone. I have no idea what that menu is.

So, the ultimate balcony dinner is a bit more than their specialty restaurants but they bring all the goodies to you, including setting up a table for you.  I believe the current cost is $110 per couple.  

For a big savings, you can order room service for no charge with the Plus Package.  There are several items on the room service menu you can order that will incur a charge but most of the typical lunch type menus are free of charge.  

There are steaks offered for $19 each, sushi for $12 a roll, a whole pizza for $8.50 - $12 each, a cheese plate, crudities or other appetizer plates will run between $4 - $8 each.  
As for the free items, they have hot and cold food such as hamburgers, chicken breast sandwiches, tuna or chicken salad sandwiches, chicken fingers, garden burgers, quesadillas, chicken noodle soup, chili, fries, a few different types of green salads, fruit plates, etc.  You can also order your cocktails, soft drinks, beer and wine via room service but they are basic choices.  Anyway, it’s nice to order for breakfast or even lunch but you won’t get a ‘real dining experience’ from the food that they offer.  The tables on the balconies are rather small, unless you have a larger balcony.  If you only have a basic balcony room, there is only the one desk chair inside the cabin.  

Personally, I like ordering a pizza and a couple salads for dinner to enjoy a movie in the cabin but only when we get a mini suite, as it has some place to sit.  
whatever you decide, enjoy!  

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Kind of on the same subject...has anyone who is Elite ordered afternoon tea for your cabin? Does that count as a "room service" charge?

No, it does not because it's an Elite benefit. 

Same with swapping the minibar.

• Thanks 1