Viking Ocean Storage

cruz_happy

Leaving for 1st Viking Ocean cruise to Norway (translated bulky winter clothing).  Is the storage space on Viking’s ocean liners bigger than what is on their longship river cruises?  We are in DV6 cabin.  Thank you for your help.  

1 hour ago, cruz_happy said:

Leaving for 1st Viking Ocean cruise to Norway (translated bulky winter clothing).  Is the storage space on Viking’s ocean liners bigger than what is on their longship river cruises?  We are in DV6 cabin.  Thank you for your help.  

Yes. You can also ask your steward to remove the coffee maker to make more space. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Squawkman said:

Yes. You can also ask your steward to remove the coffee maker to make more space. 

We do that because we never use it, and it is a BIG shelf that it is on.  Far better for storage than wasted on something we don't use.

I think that you will find adequate space for your winter clothing.

• Like 2

I usually also fill the safe, adding items that might otherwise be in a drawer or on a counter, to utilize that space. Also cuts down on clutter. 

DW and I still tend to overpack (I think it's in part because of living in the PNW where at certain times of the year we experience all four seasons in a day). We each bring one large trunk size suitcase and a backpack. Our luggage all fit beneath the bed and I usually left a few items in my suitcase, but gave more space to DW so she could fully empty hers. There was enough space, but for the few items (like dress shoes) I may or may not use, I didn't mind this approach. Made things feel less cramped.

I assume that you are going on an aurora cruise. I am doing the same cruise.  I hope that you can set things up so they will notify you to wake up and go outside in the middle of the night if there are aurora out this.  This means that you should leave your warm clothing easily accessible so you can get dressed quickly to get outside.  At least that is my plan.

DON

• Like 1

There are two different configurations for storage in the DV/V cabins.

Star, Sea and Sky (last I heard) do not have storage drawers in the closet (my preferred layout) and do have a single hanging bar running the full wide of the closet with a shelf above the hanging bar and floor space below. 

The rest of the ships have hanging space with shelf above behind one sliding door and three drawers with shirt hanging space above behind the other.  The drawers are always at the foot of the bed, else the nightstand is in the way.

The hanger supply is unlimited, Just ask your steward.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, donaldsc said:

I assume that you are going on an aurora cruise. I am doing the same cruise.  I hope that you can set things up so they will notify you to wake up and go outside in the middle of the night if there are aurora out this.  This means that you should leave your warm clothing easily accessible so you can get dressed quickly to get outside.  At least that is my plan.

DON

They will supposedly call your phone on any sightings, they cue you about signing up for this on the TV after watching the safety video..  We finally are due to leave Alta today for Tromso.  We spent an extra day here, due to a pretty severe storm going on.  Unfortunately, seeing lights so far has been a bust for us.  

That being said, I have found that there is more than sufficient drawer and closet space on the Venus.  We have a PV, but over half our drawers are empty.  I’m using 3, DH 2.  Plentry of hanging space for bulky coats.