EZAir - SAS Seat Assignment Question

plethera1

We booked our flights through EZAir to Athens and I haven't been able to choose our seats on the SAS flights.  The domestic flight and the flights back (because they are not using SAS) allowed me to choose my seats.

I understand that this is because SAS doesn't allow seat choice until the ticket is actually booked but I paid our cruise off yesterday including airfare.  I went out to the SAS website and it doesn't give me the same message saying it isn't booked/ticketed as it did earlier.  However, I still can't update my seats on the Princess site or on the SAS site.

Does anyone have experience with SAS and know when I will be able to choose my seats?  I have kids traveling with us so I want to be sure we are seated together.  Thanks.

If you are using EZAir and have fully paid for your cruise, go to your flights page and there is a place to request early ticketing.  When you request this, it will take a couple of days to propagate, but then you should be able to pick your seats.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, trvlwrld said:

If you are using EZAir and have fully paid for your cruise, go to your flights page and there is a place to request early ticketing.  When you request this, it will take a couple of days to propagate, but then you should be able to pick your seats.

Correct.  However, once you are ticketed you can no longer get a fare reduction on your flights.  I learned this when we wanted to choose our Air Canada seats so we needed to be ticketed.  Everything was paid in full before final payment date.  Problem was our flight was reduced by $500.00 soon thereafter.  Nothing could be done for us.  Our CVP tried on our behalf, but it was a firm no go. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lady Arwen said:

Correct.  However, once you are ticketed you can no longer get a fare reduction on your flights.  I learned this when we wanted to choose our Air Canada seats so we needed to be ticketed.  Everything was paid in full before final payment date.  Problem was our flight was reduced by $500.00 soon thereafter.  Nothing could be done for us.  Our CVP tried on our behalf, but it was a firm no go. 

Good to know!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, plethera1 said:

We booked our flights through EZAir to Athens and I haven't been able to choose our seats on the SAS flights.  The domestic flight and the flights back (because they are not using SAS) allowed me to choose my seats.

I understand that this is because SAS doesn't allow seat choice until the ticket is actually booked but I paid our cruise off yesterday including airfare.  I went out to the SAS website and it doesn't give me the same message saying it isn't booked/ticketed as it did earlier.  However, I still can't update my seats on the Princess site or on the SAS site.

Does anyone have experience with SAS and know when I will be able to choose my seats?  I have kids traveling with us so I want to be sure we are seated together.  Thanks.

Go into Ez-Air via Cruise Personalizer and request Early Ticketing.

8 hours ago, Lady Arwen said:

OTOH, once get close to flight date, quite unlikely to see such a fare drop.

1 hour ago, dickinson said:

We flew SAS business class to Athens and were able to book our seats.  Maybe it was because of business class?

Yes, BC pretty much always gets you seat selection.  Should be free as well, with BA being the exception I am aware of.  Often Premium Economy is the same.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Yes, BC pretty much always gets you seat selection.  Should be free as well, with BA being the exception I am aware of.  Often Premium Economy is the same.

Always an up Charge for seats We Are Premium and had to Log in TO BA And choose seats then Pay for seat selection

Edited by Gail & Dan

5 hours ago, Gail & Dan said:

As soon as its paid for it becomes NON refundable ! 

And why is that problem if you have a low price and it is not too far until it would be ticketed anyway?  BTW, it is ticketing that changes the EZair status from Flexible.

• Haha 1