Galveston Breakfast

I remember reading a review on the Royal board a couple of years ago that had some amazing pictures from a cafe near the port (chocolate croissant and eggs benedict). I can't find it now but was trying to find a great spot for breakfast on embarkation day. Will also gladly accept food suggestions for lunch and dinner for the day before but my family usually likes to go to The Spot.

7 hours ago, dan4182 said:

The Sunflower Cafe on 14th street is very good.

Star Drugs 

American cafe 

Millers 

Original Mexican 

Mosquito 

Edited by ssb

On 2/6/2024 at 8:17 PM, scubaslayer said:

I actually remembered enough small details to find the review in question. The pictures posted were from Sunflower Cafe, so going to try to convince the family to go there.

Sunflower can be slow, backed up, and loud 

• Like 1

On 2/10/2024 at 12:07 PM, ssb said:

Sunflower can be slow, backed up, and loud 

Probably going the day before the cruise and not morning of. That way we have time to wait. Every good cafe and diner is loud and crowded on a weekend.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, dog said:

Sunflower Cafe was excellent last week. Go early. Started filling up by 8:30 am

Dinner was very nice at Willy G’s

Just an FYI for anyone wanting to dine a a local restaurant, Willie G's is part of the Landry's conglomerate, a national chain. Go to enough Landry's various concepts and you'll find the food is more alike than different.  And, yes, I know Landry's is owned by Tilman Fertitta, a Galveston native, but don't expect any of his locations on the island to be any different than the same ones any other place.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Texas Tillie said:

Just an FYI for anyone wanting to dine a a local restaurant, Willie G's is part of the Landry's conglomerate, a national chain. Go to enough Landry's various concepts and you'll find the food is more alike than different.  And, yes, I know Landry's is owned by Tilman Fertitta, a Galveston native, but don't expect any of his locations on the island to be any different than the same ones any other place.

Listen, being in Canada I really enjoyed the shrimp platter I had at WillyG’s.  We just do not have this near my home.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/11/2024 at 1:21 PM, scubaslayer said:

Probably going the day before the cruise and not morning of. That way we have time to wait. Every good cafe and diner is loud and crowded on a weekend.

We plan on doing same day before cruise too.  We leave the 30th on Jubilee  We're staying at the Clarion, great deal for 2 days $325 across from the Pleasure Pier

• Like 1