Your experience with GUARANTY balcony cabin

So for the first time we did a guaranty balcony (not sure why they spell it that way) cabin for Liberty of the Seas in August.    Booked about a month ago and I just poked around in the app and saw that our cabin has already been assigned.

In your experience, has the guaranty assigned cabin ever changed between assignment date and cruise date?   We like the cabin we got so I hope it does not change!

Thanks in advance.  

32 minutes ago, mizLORInj said:

So for the first time we did a guaranty balcony (not sure why they spell it that way) cabin for Liberty of the Seas in August.    Booked about a month ago and I just poked around in the app and saw that our cabin has already been assigned.

In your experience, has the guaranty assigned cabin ever changed between assignment date and cruise date?   We like the cabin we got so I hope it does not change!

Thanks in advance.  

They can but they rarely do. You're lucky, I'm booked for a GTY on Liberty in July and still have nothing! I keep checking, but at this point I'm guessing I won't get a room until closer. 

It's unusual to see your Guarantee assignment so early.  I've never been so fortunate.

Once my number's been assigned, it's never changed; however -- again -- mine's always been assigned 3-4 weeks away from sailing, and things are more set by that point.  

2 hours ago, mizLORInj said:

Thanks in advance.  

Once assigned, it is not changed. 

• Like 1

March 2024 sailing on Anthem here. Still do not have our balcony guarantee assigned. I was however, able to see the room number using the Apple Wallet “hack”, not too happy with it but I cant call Royal and ask them to switch until it has been officially assigned 😥

I booked a balcony GTY and was given an Owner's Suite. (Theodora Suite)

Cabin was assigned about an hour after I booked.

I'll add that this was on Empress of the Seas and was almost 20 years ago. 

The good old days....LOL

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, MKESail said:

March 2024 sailing on Anthem here. Still do not have our balcony guarantee assigned. I was however, able to see the room number using the Apple Wallet “hack”, not too happy with it but I cant call Royal and ask them to switch until it has been officially assigned 😥

What's the apple wallet hack?  Would like to try that to check on my GTY room in April on Wonder - I take it you have to wait until you check in and get a sea pass card you can put in your wallet?

Edited by zoepipes

5 hours ago, MKESail said:

Same thing happened to me in Anthem in Dec 2022. 

Was able to see the stateroom assigned using the "hack".  A decent location, but saw other cabins available (in the same category) that I would have preferred.  Tried calling but they couldn't do anything since it wasn't official.

2-3 weeks later when it did become official, no more cabins in that category were available.  Ah well.

Edited by Nabalab
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, zoepipes said:

What's the apple wallet hack?  Would like to try that to check on my GTY room in April on Wonder - I take it you have to wait until you check in and get a sea pass card you can put in your wallet?

Right, once you check in you add your SetSail pass to Apple Wallet and then when you view it in Apple Wallet the barcode actually shows numbers and the last 4 digits after the dash are your “tentative” room number. 

Edited by MKESail
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Nabalab said:

Same thing happened to me in Anthem in Dec 2022. 

Was able to see the stateroom assigned using the "hack".  A decent location, but saw other cabins available (in the same category) that I would have preferred.  Tried calling but they couldn't do anything since it wasn't official.

2-3 weeks later when it did become official, no more cabins in that category were available.  Ah well.

Yes, and thats what I feel like I am sitting and waiting for all the cabins to be gone 👎

Update: Just checked and all the balcony rooms (and interior and ocean view) are all sold out for our sailing only suites left.  so I guess too late now aready. 

Edited by MKESail
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Norwich Cruiser said:

We’ve booked a few guaranteed staterooms and never been disappointed.

Our daughter on an extremely late booking ( about a week before departure date ) got a junior suite when originally booked an inside guarantee.

Was that recent? With the Royal Up program across the fleet, seems to me the only way to now get a higher category than what you paid for would be to bid on it. 

got mine for April 19 a few weeks ago.  Downloaded the Royal app to my phone, tapped on the icon of the man's head in the upper right, and there it was!  Location is ok, a little farther forward than I would have picked, but not too far forward of midships.

First time doing a GTY and am nervous. First time doing anything other than a balcony also - got an Oceanview GTY for myself and my friend. Just hope it's not in the bowels of the ship. Or right near kids' club. 😄

• Like 1

On 2/4/2024 at 11:10 AM, BirdTravels said:

Once assigned, it is not changed. 

I don't think this is carved in stone, but it's a general truism. 

On 2/4/2024 at 11:12 AM, Norwich Cruiser said:

Our daughter on an extremely late booking ( about a week before departure date ) got a junior suite when originally booked an inside guarantee.

And I thought I was fortunate for booking an inside guarantee and getting 1) an Oceanview, 2) a Promenade room!  

On 2/4/2024 at 6:10 PM, Nabalab said:

Yeah, partially those rooms were gone because they'd announced not only your room -- but all the other guarantee people.  You are taking a chance when you book a guarantee, but I personally have never been disappointed.  

On 2/4/2024 at 6:14 PM, MKESail said:

Right, once you check in you add your SetSail pass to Apple Wallet and then when you view it in Apple Wallet the barcode actually shows numbers and the last 4 digits after the dash are your “tentative” room number. 

Note:  You don't have to have an Apple phone.  I always pull my barcode up on my computer and scan it with my (Android) phone. 

Sometimes it'll say GYT ... that means your room isn't yet assigned.  

Once I've seen my room number, it's never changed.  Once it went back to GYT, then returned to the same number ... not sure what that was about.  

• Like 2