Live from Regal 2/4/24

luvseaside

Host CJSKIDS
This post was recognized by Host CJSKIDS!

"Thank you for doing a live from while on your sailing! Please think about doing a review on your return. Bon Voyage!!"

luvseaside was awarded the badge '"Live from...."' and 10 points.

After enjoying so many Live reports, I thought I’d try my hand.  This is our 10th Princess cruise so we’re somewhat seasoned cruisers. First cruise from Galveston though so there was a learning curve

Did another thing we’ve never done-fly in the day of embarkation.  Only did it bc the flight was very early and a short nonstop flight.  Had zero issues.  Took Uber from HOU and were dropped off @ 9:30. Got in line and they opened doors soon thereafter.  Breezed through security (although they will check your wine in your suitcase very thoroughly) and waited in priority area (coffee/tea/pastries provided) .  They started boarding @ 10:30.  I ran to Sanctuary to get loungers for one day and they had decent availability.  But I’d recommend getting up there fast!

Hung out in Crooners for a few minutes while we watched safety video on phone and checked into our muster station nearby.  Time for a mimosa!   I assured bartender I knew that I would be charged even though I had premier package. 

We are typically wine drinkers so I won’t have much thoughts on most of the fancy drinks but I’ll try to post some menu pics.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I'll be interested to learn when you are officially in international waters and your drink package kicks in.  If you leave at 3:00, my guess would be around 5:00.  Please let us know.  Thanks and bon voyage...

32 minutes ago, kstrittm said:

I'll be interested to learn when you are officially in international waters and your drink package kicks in.  If you leave at 3:00, my guess would be around 5:00.  Please let us know.  Thanks and bon voyage...

It was about 6:30 for us last week.

• Like 1

In room before 11:30 and got our checked bag by noon.  Unpacked and had at lunch in the MDR -broiled salmon was tasty.  Ordered the Beringer Chardonnay by the glass. 🫤. Hey, it’s all they got for now!  

Back to cabin to see if we could check in with steward & Fell asleep (getting up at 3 am is a killer).  Lol!

Captain making announcement that we’re planning to depart and explaining how we will leave and how fast.  He’s also warning us it will be very windy. Seas up to 10 ft tonight.  Expect rough seas tomorrow.  Up to 20 ft. Eek!

Steward just checked in & that’s taken care of. Off to sail away on Lido deck!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Princess Patters for Day 1.  

Surprised there was no invitation in cabin to the Platinum/Elite/Suite daily reception. Usually there’s a piece of paper letting you know time & venue.  I may wander before dinner tonight to see if that’s happening.  Should either be in Vista Lounge or Double Down Bar.  IMG_7893.thumb.jpeg.499e33ae9b513a606eab6a7538c49670.jpeg

IMG_7894.jpeg

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, luvseaside said:

Princess Patters for Day 1.  

Surprised there was no invitation in cabin to the Platinum/Elite/Suite daily reception. Usually there’s a piece of paper letting you know time & venue.  I may wander before dinner tonight to see if that’s happening.  Should either be in Vista Lounge or Double Down Bar.  IMG_7893.thumb.jpeg.499e33ae9b513a606eab6a7538c49670.jpeg

IMG_7894.jpeg

We sailed 1/21 and got the lounge paper in our room on day one.  It was held in the Vista every night except for Sunday when they showed NFL playoff games in that venue.  

3 minutes ago, Paula_MacFan said:

We sailed 1/21 and got the lounge paper in our room on day one.  It was held in the Vista every night except for Sunday when they showed NFL playoff games in that venue.  

There’s a private function in Vista tonight so maybe that’s why

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, 2and2 said:

How did Mardi Gras traffic effect passengers today? 

It was definitely busy traffic the closer you got to the 25th St.  My Uber driver actually turned around after we sat at a stand still and went back to first port entrance.  Which worked better. It also could’ve been the fact that they’re were still psgrs still waiting to leave from disembarkation. 

Edited by luvseaside
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, madjohn said:

Have a great cruise.  We leave on February 25 from Galveston.

Do they sell any non-alcoholic beers?

Thanks

Joh

Have a great trip - we leave on the 18th !!

• Like 2

Sabatinis dinner was very nice.  Took about 1 1/2 hours.  The insalata Misti and burrata wonderful.  Husband had osso buco -terrific. Unfortunately my veal scallopini was just ok.  Maybe I just wasn’t that hungry at that point. Husband had the rocher dessert and loved it.  Which did him in for rest of evening-back in room and went straight to bed. Haha!  I stayed up watching a movie on demand. 

Boat started rolling a bit last night with 12-15 ft seas.  Thankfully we both took a Dramamine before bed.  

Up this am and having coffee and breakfast at International Cafe. Tip:  you can get specialty coffees at Princess Live cafe too on Deck 7.  And in buffet upstairs 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, CC Rider 69 said:

Please see if they have Caymus Wine/Dinner Event on the Regal, and what are they using Churchill's for now a day.

Thanks.

Last night at Vines they signed us up for wine blend tasting for $45.  I failed to ask about Caymus dinner but I’ll try to ask about it

Churchills is an arcade now

IMG_7919.jpeg

IMG_7920.jpeg

IMG_7921.jpeg

• Like 2