Retreat Room Service

Plato123

We recently sailed on two Princess Cruises in real suites with the best beverage package and were pleased to have wine and food delivered to our suite as part of the room serve available using their app.

We always stay in suites on Celebrity but have never really used the included room service except for breakfast on the balcony on occasion.

I am curious as to what we can and cannot order from room service in suites on Celebrity.

Thanks..

1 minute ago, Plato123 said:

We recently sailed on two Princess Cruises in real suites with the best beverage package and were pleased to have wine and food delivered to our suite as part of the room serve available using their app.

We always stay in suites on Celebrity but have never really used the included room service except for breakfast on the balcony on occasion.

I am curious as to what we can and cannot order from room service in suites on Celebrity.

Thanks..

You can order anything on the RS menu and dinner from the MDR menu.  There is no charge for Room Service for suites. The  beverage package doesn't include the mini bar or drinks from Room Service so you will be charged for those.

• Like 1

Don't expect much and your expectations will be met.  On the Silhouette last month room service was worthless.  We used it once.  Called 4 different times (no one answered on the first three).  We asked for a cheese plate to be delivered later that evening.  It arrived more than an hour after the requested time with crackers so stale you could practically bend them.

FYI we were in an upper suite.

Edited by Winemaker_1

3 hours ago, Winemaker_1 said:

Don't expect much and your expectations will be met.  On the Silhouette last month room service was worthless.  We used it once.  Called 4 different times (no one answered on the first three).  We asked for a cheese plate to be delivered later that evening.  It arrived more than an hour after the requested time with crackers so stale you could practically bend them.

That sucks, sorry to hear.  Last time we were in an upper suite was in a PH on Millie last year.  We used room service very often (esp for breakfast before an early excursion) and it was always delivered on time and as ordered. 

2 hours ago, FlyingCruiser2 said:

f you are in an upper suite, you can also order from the Specialty Restaurants.

Could someone verify this was their experience? We were on Summit in a royal suite and were told by our butler that he would see if we could order from Tuscan Grill, but that it was not typically allowed.  I didn't try the second time we were in the royal suite.

39 minutes ago, acstall said:

Could someone verify this was their experience? We were on Summit in a royal suite and were told by our butler that he would see if we could order from Tuscan Grill, but that it was not typically allowed.  I didn't try the second time we were in the royal suite.

Sorry - to qualify previous post….we were in a PH on Constellation last year.  We had Sushi on 5 in our room.  I just assumed we could from any of them and could very well be mistaken.  

5 hours ago, Winemaker_1 said:

Curious, if you were in an upper suite,  why didn't you call you Butler and ask for what you wanted.   Even if you butler is off duty they have another covering.   

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

Curious, if you were in an upper suite,  why didn't you call you Butler and ask for what you wanted.   Even if you butler is off duty they have another covering.   

I guess I should have.  He was very nice, but very over-worked.   We were just ordering a simple cheese plate, so I didn't think it was worth bothering him for this when room service could drop it off.

5 minutes ago, Winemaker_1 said:

I guess I should have.  He was very nice, but very over-worked.   We were just ordering a simple cheese plate, so I didn't think it was worth bothering him for this when room service could drop it off.

Best to call your butler.  Even if he is on a break there is someone covering for him, or he would notify RS to get your cheese plate pronto.

In addition to the above - Room Service generally calls you butler to have them deliver.   Even when mine sees me sneaking down first thing in the morning for a coffee asks why didn't you call me, I would be happy to get it for you.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, FlyingCruiser2 said:

If you are in an upper suite, you can also order from the Specialty Restaurants.

Mostly no, you cannot order from most of the Speciality Restaurants. Some are allowed and it varies by ship. On the Ascent last month the Bistro was allowed but not Fine Cut, LV, or Eden. Stayed in PH. I was told the reason was the presentation is as important as the food and the RS presentation would not meet their standards... go figure.

• Like 1

Upper suites are treated special we asked butler for some appetizers for us and 6 others from roll call , she filled our large dinning table with enough food for 30 , we were in the penthouse (from move up ) , might get a appetizer from Tuscan on next cruise, good thing about upper suites is a dinning table.

12 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

In addition to the above - Room Service generally calls you butler to have them deliver.   Even when mine sees me sneaking down first thing in the morning for a coffee asks why didn't you call me, I would be happy to get it for you.

We had the same thing.  No way I’m going to call for a cup of coffee.  Besides, I like walking around early when hardly anyone is around and you feel the ship “waking up”.

16 hours ago, FlyingCruiser2 said:

Sorry - to qualify previous post….we were in a PH on Constellation last year.  We had Sushi on 5 in our room.  I just assumed we could from any of them and could very well be mistaken.  

Anyone can order takeout from Sushi on 5. Most passengers must do so in person. In upper suites, your butler will do it for you and bring it to your cabin. Tuscan Grill does not offer takeout.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RichYak said:

Anyone can order takeout from Sushi on 5. Most passengers must do so in person. In upper suites, your butler will do it for you and bring it to your cabin. Tuscan Grill does not offer takeout.

Good to know.  Thanks for the clarification.  

Room service was fine on Ascent and Apex (SSuites) for us but we really liked Princess Room Service (Enchanted Princess) aft balcony as you could order off tv and drinks were delivered as part of their drink packages.