First time cruisers

jonkel3

We are first time cruisers going on Celebrity Constellation in May this year. My wife drinks a lot of soda water and we are wondering how much soda we can bring on embarkation and also on returning from the cruise ports. Also can we buy a bottle of wine on board to consume in our stateroom. Also can we bring food and drinks from the buffet and bars to our stateroom. Any help with these will be gratefully accepted.

Check the website for current rules about how many bottles of wine you can bring on board on embarkation day.  There is also information on other beverages (her soda water).  Also if you have a beverage package she can pick it up at any bar.

You can bring purchased glasses of wine to your stateroom.  So, if you can purchase a bottle of wine on board, I wonder why you couldn't do the same.  

You can bring 1 bottle of wine per adult on board in your carry-on luggage.  If you do not have a beverage package you will be charged a $25 corkage fee if you take it to a dining room, restaurant or bar.  That fee is waived if you have a beverage package.   The cost of purchasing a bottle of wine on board will be a least 3x more than you would pay for the same bottle in a wine, liquor or grocery store.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jonkel3 said:

We are first time cruisers going on Celebrity Constellation in May this year. My wife drinks a lot of soda water and we are wondering how much soda we can bring on embarkation and also on returning from the cruise ports. Also can we buy a bottle of wine on board to consume in our stateroom. Also can we bring food and drinks from the buffet and bars to our stateroom. Any help with these will be gratefully accepted.

One of the things that took getting used to on our first cruise was ordering a glass of wine or beer somewhere and just carrying it around the ship or back to our room. Same is true of adding something to a plate in the main dining room, such as cookies or cheese, and carrying it back to our room. So, yes, you can and should do this.

Similarly, depending on your beverage package, you should be able to bring water or soda back to your room that you acquire from a bar or restaurant.

As mentioned, however, you should take advantage of bringing aboard as many bottles of wine, or bottles of water or soda, as you can when you arrive.

Finally, on our cruises, we've purchased full-blown bottles of booze on excursions and/or in port, passed them through the scanner (within backpacks), and have not had them confiscated until the end of the cruise, i.e., we carried them back to our stateroom. Perhaps we were just lucky (we didn't drink them anyway), but I don't think Celebrity would worry about any soda you bring back from a port.

Hope this helps and that you enjoy your cruise!

cjr

On 2/8/2024 at 6:48 PM, CNSfromHI said:

One of the things that took getting used to on our first cruise was ordering a glass of wine or beer somewhere and just carrying it around the ship or back to our room. Same is true of adding something to a plate in the main dining room, such as cookies or cheese, and carrying it back to our room. So, yes, you can and should do this.

Similarly, depending on your beverage package, you should be able to bring water or soda back to your room that you acquire from a bar or restaurant.

As mentioned, however, you should take advantage of bringing aboard as many bottles of wine, or bottles of water or soda, as you can when you arrive.

Finally, on our cruises, we've purchased full-blown bottles of booze on excursions and/or in port, passed them through the scanner (within backpacks), and have not had them confiscated until the end of the cruise, i.e., we carried them back to our stateroom. Perhaps we were just lucky (we didn't drink them anyway), but I don't think Celebrity would worry about any soda you bring back from a port.

Hope this helps and that you enjoy your cruise!

cjr

Great help. Many thanks for this.

• Like 1

RE bringing plates of food, or beverages in glasses back to your stateroom can be challenging. Even navigating a crowded buffet with a plate can be an experience, much less than balancing a plate or two on either the stairs or elevator.  If you plan to bring beverages back to your stateroom, you might consider bringing from home a covered container - like an insulated covered mug for hot beverages (Miir), or a insulated (pear shaped) covered container for wine or cocktails  (corkcicle).  

On our last cruise we brought along a collapsible cup "Drink Caddy" so spouse could easily bring back our early morning lattes.  Best thing ever!  I made the mistake of not bringing my covered insulated Miir coffee mug from home and ended up having to buy one on the ship.  While I was annoyed with myself that I had to spend the money on something I already had at home, I ended up using it nearly everyday on our 26 day cruise.  

1 hour ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

RE bringing plates of food, or beverages in glasses back to your stateroom can be challenging. Even navigating a crowded buffet with a plate can be an experience, much less than balancing a plate or two on either the stairs or elevator.  If you plan to bring beverages back to your stateroom, you might consider bringing from home a covered container - like an insulated covered mug for hot beverages (Miir), or a insulated (pear shaped) covered container for wine or cocktails  (corkcicle).  

On our last cruise we brought along a collapsible cup "Drink Caddy" so spouse could easily bring back our early morning lattes.  Best thing ever!  I made the mistake of not bringing my covered insulated Miir coffee mug from home and ended up having to buy one on the ship.  While I was annoyed with myself that I had to spend the money on something I already had at home, I ended up using it nearly everyday on our 26 day cruise.  

free drink carrier from Al Bacio - just ask. Use takeaway cups with lids for soups. 

OP, if you do end up with dishes or glasses in back in your stateroom, please leave them on your coffee table or desk for your room attendant to remove - please don't put the dishes/glasses outside your stateroom door for pick-up.

• Like 1