Princess Cay Questions

I have a few questions I was trying to get a solid answer on, being that things change often.

Princess Cay appears to have many beach chairs. Are those for a fee? I checked the excursions for our cruise and it does not look like I can pre-book.

Are we able to use our Princess Plus package on Princess Cay?  I have read both yes and no. If yes, what is included? 

I don't know about chairs, but yes, the drink package does work when on a Princess ship. Everything is included like on the ship, but not sure if they have a limited selection or not. We had some kind of rum punch they were making and I saw beers. 

• Thanks 1

All chairs are there for the taking!   Be off the ship early to find shade or your favorite spot.

They do rent umbrellas,  or those big blue 'clamshells'.

Yes, the PLUS package works while you are at Princess Cays, when you are sailing a Princess ship.

The bars, and everything else will start shutting down early... They want to close down and everything and everyone back onboard well before sailing.  

While the lunch buffet is not 'stellar' like the buffet onboard.  We find it to be good for a beach-day.

I hope you have good weather and a great day when you are there!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Wishing on a star said:

While the lunch buffet is not 'stellar' like the buffet onboard.  We find it to be good for a beach-day.

I hope you have good weather and a great day when you are there!

Is the lunch included for all from the cruise or packages only? 

When comparing Princess Cays to these other well 'developed' private islands,  yes, it is very simple and rustic.  We still enjoy it!  If the weather and water are nice..  a day under a blue sky, sunshine, and palm trees is nice!

Last time, we rented what is now my favorite bungalow!

I do wish that Princess would develop a better private island/beach, one with an actual better beach.  

Have some nice more 'resort like' areas, even they are a bit of an uncharge.

DCL is now right over on the other side of Eleuthera...  Would be nice!!!!  (But, that is the sargassum 'windward' Atlantic side of the Island.

Edited by Wishing on a star

1 minute ago, Wishing on a star said:

Again...  I recommend heading out onto Princess Cays early.... and remember, the lunch and bars will probably shut down earlier than you might think.

Enjoy!!!!

and the bars will open later than you think, also, so take a couple of roadies for the ride over on the tender

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Wishing on a star said:

rented what is now my favorite bungalow!

From looking at renting a bungalow, you can not choose which one ahead of time. Am I missing something?

40 minutes ago, ship66 said:

What is the queuing system for departing the ship to Princess Cay?  I'm going to be on the Caribbean Princess.  How does one get on an early tender?  Thanks

Be ready to get on an early tender as soon as they begin to hand out boarding tickets.

• Thanks 1

Ship66,

Yes, some will have priority first available tenders, if they choose to leave the ship early.

As soon as there is no line for that,  everyone else can get ready to board.

I am assuming that this has not changed.. as last time we were there, there was no real line or rush as it was still rainy that morning..... you can check the App, or your Princess Patter schedule and info for the day, to see where and when to go get your tender tickets, and wait to go board the tender.

Should be some convenient mid-ship public area...  

Unless this has changed,  staff will call for tender tickets, for example, 200-300.. and those who are called then go down to board the tender.

Many repeat cruisers who have been there before do not choose to get up and head to Princess Cays...  

You could find that getting tickets and any wait will not be a big issue.

Edited by Wishing on a star
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, ship66 said:

What is the queuing system for departing the ship to Princess Cay?  I'm going to be on the Caribbean Princess.  How does one get on an early tender?  Thanks

There will be notification as to when & where you can pick up tender tickets. Princess calls them water shuttle. First in line receive the earliest tenders. Your entire group or family that wishes to go together are required to be there together. My experience is that one person can not pick up tickets for others that arrive later. 

On 2/9/2024 at 4:31 PM, tulok said:

From looking at renting a bungalow, you can not choose which one ahead of time. Am I missing something?

I was able to book a specific bungalow I went to the excursion desk and asked for the one I wanted. Otherwise they just assign them in order.  If you rent a bungalow you are taken on the first tenders as it is considered a ship shore excursion.  I have posted a ton of pictures of all the bungalows along with the map that’s on shore on another Bungalow thread on CC. 
it was my favorite day of our 19 day LA to NYC sailing last Sept. 

Edited by HaveDogWillTravel
  • Thanks 1