Millie Luminae and/or Daniel Boulud dinner?

zitsky

I’ve done both.  Trying to psych myself up to do this again on Millie.  It’s a 14 day cruise.  But we’ll be in Luminae and not sure it’s worth it.  There is no Murano so this does seem like a nice alternative.  I doubt we will do anything else.  Maybe one night in Tuscan.  

Is the Daniel Boulud dinner any different on different ships?

I’ve given up any hope of seeing the champagne dinner on the menu.

11 minutes ago, zitsky said:

The Chef's Table has been the same on the last 4 cruises we've taken. If it's the same on our cruise next month, we won't book it again.

11 minutes ago, zitsky said:

I’ve done both.  Trying to psych myself up to do this again on Millie.  It’s a 14 day cruise.  But we’ll be in Luminae and not sure it’s worth it.  There is no Murano so this does seem like a nice alternative.  I doubt we will do anything else.  Maybe one night in Tuscan.  

It's the same menu and presentation as the other ships.  If you receive the cookbook this time, though, remember it weighs about 10 lbs so plan to haul it home in your carryon.  I know it would have put my checked bag over the limit so I left the book behind. 

I think the Veuve Clicquot champagne dinner fell by the wayside along with a lot of things when LLP departed.  She was the one who pushed the "women's" connection (Madame Clicquot).  I'm sad it's gone because I thought it a much better experience, both menu and pairings, than the Boulud dinner.

The Boulud dinner on Millie is good but I don't think that I would pay for it again.  The wine pairing was also good,  but I don't think that I would do that again.  The wine that everyone liked was the Cabernet at the end.  I think that I would just order that from the premium package with the upcharge.

Edited by NMTraveller

17 hours ago, zitsky said:

On our Millennium sailing last year the Veuve Clicquot dining experience was not advertised pre-cruise.  We were informed about it by our Sommelier, Ivana, in Luminae and signed up with her.  Unfortunately, it ended up being cancelled when a family of four cancelled leaving only four of us singed up.  

If you do not see anything prior to boarding I would recommend you check with the sommelier in Luminae or at the Cellar Masters and see if it is going to be offered.