Do they still serve the sweet bread for breakfast

23 hours ago, teddie said:

OOOH  Did you request it specifically from Room Service, or did it come with the pastries plate?

Teddie

We ordered fruit Danishes and were surprised to get 2 blueberry muffins and 2 slices of the stollen. 

The selections they made were a bit off the mark, but not at all a problem.

It is very similar to an Italian Panettone or a European Babka, just flattened out a bit like a biscotti. LOL.

25 Best Sweet Bread Recipes - Insanely Good

Edited by boscobeans

22 hours ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

They do in WJ and Crown Lounge, we don’t eat in MDR for breakfast so I don’t know if they have it there. It’s different than it was before shutdown, it seems to be lacking fruit and did they have nuts in it before? Anyway they do have it.

MDR has it when they come around with the pastry tray it's always there. We eat there for the Eggs Bene mostly.  It never had nuts, just the raisins and the sugar nuggat on top.  Just sweet enough...yum

Edited by BecciBoo
  • Like 2

Stollen is the German name for that lovely sweetbread. If you ask for ‘stollen’ you will confuse the waitstaff. 
On our last 4 cruises we found out if you ask for ‘raisin bread’ you will get that stollen style sweetbread.

I always take two pieces with plenty of butter.

Edited by SC_Floaters

I’m kind of embarrassed to say,  I had three pieces in dining room this morning before disembarking. Delicious!! I did have to ask, did not seem to be walking around with baskets anymore. Did have in windjammer.

On 2/10/2024 at 10:31 PM, teddie said:

I did spy some cranberries in it.  It used to have sliced almonds on the top--those are gone...

Confession:  on disembarkation day, I bring a baggie with me and nab 4 or 5 slices to bring home 😇

I'm so guilty...  truly the only food thing I've brought home for me and only once (so far)...  I call it sweet cranberry bread and could only find it at Cafe Promenade on Harmony last year.  Better than any dessert in the Windjammer or MDR.  Thanks for being a partner in my crime 😁

And once a long time ago when my husband couldn't go with me, the MDR waiter gave me some of those small olive rolls that DH loved, can't remember the name. DH was all smiles. He's asking now if RCI still has these for our upcoming April cruise, but I guess that's another thread.

• Like 1

On 2/13/2024 at 3:20 PM, SC_Floaters said:

Stollen is the German name for that lovely sweetbread. If you ask for ‘stollen’ you will confuse the waitstaff. 
On our last 4 cruises we found out if you ask for ‘raisin bread’ you will get that stollen style sweetbread.

I always take two pieces with plenty of butter.

As pointed out above, along with the recipe, this bread is actually Austrian Striezl or Striezel, not Stollen. Either way I suspect you would confuse the waitstaff asking for it by the German-language name.

• Like 1